Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code Red Releasing Eye Of The Labyrinth (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sort of agree, Dom. However, I don't understand why companies don't exploit the possibilty of seamless branching in these cases. Ergo: The buyer can choose to watch the film with VHS quality inserts OR without. We could, theoretically, both have the cake and eat it.

Comment

Code Red received a version of the film that was a tiny bit longer than any other available, with a bit more footage in a violent sequence near the end.
      The availability of this footage for the first time is something fans should cheer about. The person crying on the Giallo Meltdown page is clearly having a meltdown of his own. :)
      No audio was available for this material, and Code Red added some in ( we are talking seconds here ). I failed to notice this one first viewing, if you are looking for it you'll notice it.
      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey y'all! Sorry for not getting back to this sooner.

I've been getting more and more annoyed with Code Red lately. It started with the strangely sarcastic menu options on The Redeemer DVD. I wrote to Bill of Code Red to ask what was up with that and he basically told me that his customers are jerks. I was like um... okay. Then the horribly racist cartoon ice cream commercial on the The Vampires Night Orgy/Dr. Jekyll VS. The Werewolf DVD that starts playing when you start the movie! I don't know why that's on there. Ugh. Really awful.

As for the Eye in the Labyrinth Blu-ray, I totally understand why the audio for the gore scenes would be missing. If they English dub had those scenes trimmed then fine. Just loop the music over it or something. However, to replace them with awful, truly awful sound effects completely took me out of the movie. I spent nearly $40 for this disc and to have what sounds like someone raping a grapefruit come ripping through my speakers when any stabbing or gore happens pissed me off.

I'm done with this company. I will always applaud labels for rescuing rare films but personally, I'll never buy from Code Red again.
        "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
          The person crying on the Giallo Meltdown page is clearly having a meltdown of his own. :)
          Haha! Too true!
          "My mouth is laughing but my mind is not." -Me, I said that.

Comment

I can't comment on eye in the labyrinth because I haven't bought it, but if it sounds anything like that self-made trailer for bloody mary I can understand why people feel pissed.

sounds like someone taped his own screams while sitting on the crapper. very awkward! ... and watch out for that turtle

Comment

Well in all fairness the sound effects added in are way too loud, they stand out like a sore thumb. If they were a lot quieter than I probably would have hardly noticed. Watching the film it was so loud it scared the hell out of me.

Comment

Working...
              X