Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!!

"That's right, Walerian Borowczyk's long-unavailable The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne (its original title, though it's also been known as Docteur Jekyll et les Femmes, The Blood of Dr Jekyll, Bloodbath of Dr Jekyll, Dr Jekyll's Women, Bloodlust, The Experiment and a few others besides) will be receiving a brand new restoration from the original 35mm negative, and will make its worldwide debut on both Blu-ray and DVD next year and you can order your copy as one of our perks now."

From their indiegogo campaign page.
    Just caught this. NICE!
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Via the Roobarbs Forum:

"From Michael Brooke on FB:

I'm just typing up the blurb and specs for Arrow's 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne' (all will be revealed soon), and am delighted to confirm that Daniel Bird's promise to deliver "fuck loads" of extras has been more than met. With a brand new scan of the original camera negative (of necessity, since the existing video master was halfway to its OAP bus pass), this is going to be an unbelievable release."

Comment

• I am soooo looking forward to this. a bar ebony disc with a nice transfer? I would have been fine with it, but fuck tons of extras.... that's got me stoked even more.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forum Fiend v1.3.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This is already going to be the stand-out release of 2015.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	boro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	347714

Pre-order the UK edition of The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne: http://bit.ly/1AeNfkd
            North American pre-order will be up soon!

Release Date UK: 20th April 2015
            Release Date North America: 21st April 2015
            Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
            Starring: Udo Kier, Marina Pierro, Patrick Magee
            Directed by: Walerian Borowczyk

Synopsis: “Potent and poetic, mischievous and macabre, Borowczyk's film shows how many imaginative worlds the horror movie can open up when the right artist holds the keys” (Nigel Andrews, Financial Times)

It's the engagement party for brilliant young Dr Henry Jekyll (Udo Kier) and his fiancée, the beautiful Fanny Osbourne (Marina Pierro), attended by various pillars of Victorian society, including the astonishing Patrick Magee in one of his final roles. But when people are found raped and murdered outside and ultimately inside the house, it becomes clear that a madman has broken in to disrupt the festivities - but who is he? And why does Dr Jekyll keep sneaking off to his laboratory?

We know the answer, of course, but Walerian Borowczyk's visually stunning adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's much-filmed tale is crammed with wildly imaginative and outrageously perverse touches characteristic of the man who scandalised audiences with Immoral Tales and The Beast, not least the explicitly sexualised nature of Mr Hyde's primal urges.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
            - Brand new 2K restoration, scanned from the original camera negative and supervised by cinematographer Noí«l Véry
            - High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film, released on both formats for the first time anywhere in the world
            - English and French soundtracks in LPCM 1.0
            - Optional English and English SDH subtitles
            - Introduction by critic and long-term Borowczyk fan Michael Brooke
            - Audio commentary featuring archival interviews with Walerian Borowczyk, Udo Kier, Marina Pierro and producer Robert Kuperberg, and new interviews with cinematographer Noí«l Véry, editor Khadicha Bariha, assistant Michael Levy and filmmaker Noí«l Simsolo, moderated by Daniel Bird
            - Interview with Marina Pierro
            - Himorogi (2012), a short film by Marina and Alessio Pierro, made in homage to Borowczyk
            - Interview with artist and filmmaker Alessio Pierro
            - Video essay by Adrian Martin and Cristina Alvarez Lopez
            - Eyes That Listen, a featurette on Borowczyk's collaborations with electro-acoustic composer Bernard Parmegiani
            - Jouet Jouyeux (1979), a short film by Borowczyk based on Charles-í‰mile Reynaud's praxinoscope
            - Introduction to Jouet Joyeux by production assistant Sarah Mallinson
            - Returning to Mélií¨s: Borowczyk and Early Cinema, a featurette by Daniel Bird
            - Reversible sleeve with artwork based on Borowczyk's own poster design
            - Booklet with new writing on the film by Daniel Bird and archive materials, illustrated with rare stills
            - More to be announced!

DETAILS
            Region: A+B / 1+2
            Rating: 18
            Duration: 91
            Language: English/French
            Subtitles: English/ English SDH
            Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
            Audio: Mono
            Discs: 2
            Colour
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This could be release of the year, looks like Daniel Bird's delivered on his promise :)
              Gav M
              Last edited by Gav M; 01-14-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I'm willing to bet this will end up being the best release of the year as well just like the Boro box was the best from last year! Why can't I come home to news like this every Wednesday? I've been waiting to see that Himorogi short for 3 years now, glad its been made an extra. Really looking forward to the Marina Pierro interview, it'll be great to hear from her.
                LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• So I finally got around to watching Le Bete on Blu-ray yesterday. GREAT transfer, I was amazed at how nice it looked. I want to take the time to go through the documentary and other extras but figured I'd bring it up here - what's up with the snails? It seems that he's going for some sort of symbolism here but it was lost on me. The way in which they appear and the scenes that they appear in would seem, to me at least, to be too deliberate not to signify something. I suppose he just put them there because they look neat but I don't think so.

Any thoughts?
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Borowczyk retrospective coming to the Film Society of Lincoln Center, April 2-9. Amazing program lined up. Full details/schedule here:

http://www.filmlinc.com/blog/entry/t...lerian-borowcz
                    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Arrow Releasing The Films Of Walerian Borowc

https://youtu.be/AHmXm3_dbFs
                      Gav M
                      Last edited by Gav M; 03-11-2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• HOLY FUCK I WANT THAT NOW.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I am erect in anticipation of this disc. Just need someone to dig up Polselli's Mania now.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• It's been pushed back to May 12th in the US but it's so an interview with Udo Kier can be added to the disc, so I don't mind waiting a bit longer for that at all.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• **THE STRANGE CASE OF DR JEKYLL AND MISS OSBOURNE RELEASE DATE UPDATE**
                              After successfully securing a few additional extras we are having to push the release date of The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne back to May 11th in the UK and May 12th in the US.
                              We thank you all for your understanding and hope you will be pleased with the finalised list of special features which can be found below:
                              - Brand new 2K restoration, scanned from the original camera negative and supervised by cinematographer Noí«l Véry
                              - High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film, released on both formats for the first time anywhere in the world
                              - English and French soundtracks in LPCM 1.0
                              - Optional English and English SDH subtitles
                              - Appreciation by critic and long-term Borowczyk fan Michael Brooke
                              - Audio commentary featuring archival interviews with Walerian Borowczyk and new interviews with cinematographer Noí«l Véry, editor Khadicha Bariha, assistant Michael Levy and filmmaker Noí«l Simsolo, moderated by Daniel Bird
                              - Brand new interview with Udo Kier
                              - Brand new interview with Marina Pierro
                              - Himorogi (2012), a short film by Marina and Alessio Pierro, made in homage to Borowczyk
                              - Interview with artist and filmmaker Alessio Pierro
                              - Phantasmagoria of the Interior, a video essay on Borowczyk's Dr Jekyll by Adrian Martin and Cristina ílvarez Lí³pez
                              - Eyes That Listen, a featurette on Borowczyk's collaborations with electro-acoustic composer Bernard Parmegiani
                              - Happy Toy (1979), a short film by Borowczyk inspired by Charles-í‰mile Reynaud's praxinoscope
                              - Introduction to Happy Toy by production assistant Sarah Mallinson
                              - Returning to Mélií¨s: Borowczyk and Early Cinema, a featurette by Daniel Bird
                              - Reversible sleeve with artwork based on Borowczyk's own poster design
                              - Booklet with new writing on the film by Daniel Bird and archive pieces by Walerian Borowczyk and André Pieyre de Mandiargues, illustrated with rare stills
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X