Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Releasing Argento's Opera on Blu-ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The parent company used to be ARGENT FILMS, those guys that released the original UK Suspiria blu. The one that looked pink. Argent films splintered and CULTFILMS formed from them. SHAMELESS films already existed at the time of Argent but were releasing dvd only. Both have released some quality releases between themselves, however also some duds. Technically they are different companies, with Shameless usually focusing on the slightly seedier side of world cinema and Cult films on the more arty type. Just owned by the same Group as far as I'm aware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post
      Since no-one has the Opera disc yet, i think those comments would be referring to Scorpion's blu ray of HUMONGOUS. That has some sound issues although its not as bad as its made out to be by some of the spoiled kids on those forums and i still think its a good release.

Comment

• I went to order from Deep Discount but they're on back order. I may wait for that deluxe version...

Has anyone here watched it yet? br forum is going nuts!
        Keeth
        Last edited by Keeth; 01-28-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• I really want the LE but that regular version is very tempting.

Just tried to read that thread and so much stupidity....my head started to hurt.
          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Those Germans, they sure do love their leatherbooks.

I wonder what transfer this will use? Probably the Koch disc?
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Wonder what is up with Opera, as Walt has made a couple cryptic posts on the Blu-ray.com forum:
              Question: "Where's Opera deluxe?"
              Walt's answer:
              I wish I could answer that. I really wish I could
              Then someone posted that they'll just go ahead and pick up the standard edition and Walt posted:
              Please do not buy the regular edition, I can't get into why, but I asked you not to please

Comment

• I'm guessing they're fixing the little shake issue some grumbled about? I'd forgotten the sp.ed. was in the works & that there was a reg. ed. I haven't been buying much the last couple of months since there are so many releases coming in Oct. & Nov.

Comment

• Yes, Walt did say that and a little later today he said that they are having a little trouble encoding. So no rights issues are anything like that to foul up this release.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/cultfilmsuk...23512407660624

OPERA
                    Format: Dual-Format (BD/DVD)
                    Release date: 19 November

Dario Argento's horror masterpiece, restored in 2K with instruction from the maestro himself and with reference to his own print.

Dario Argento (SUSPIRIA) returns to CultFilms with this breath-taking new restoration of his visionary horror masterpiece OPERA. Splattered with stylistic bloodshed and soaring cinematography, OPERA shows Italy's master of horror at the very height of his game.

When young understudy Betty (Cristina Marsillach) takes the lead role in a new operatic production of Verdi's Macbeth, she soon attracts the attention of a knife-wielding psycho who forces her to watch as he despatches her friends and colleagues with sadistic delight. Can Betty free herself from this unending nightmare or does a more terrifying fate await? OPERA is a ravishing return to the giallo style Argento made his name with, awash with black-gloved killers, lavish bloodletting and the director's trademark Grand Guignol excess.

CultFilms is proud to bring you this gore-soaked terror classic in a stunning new 2K restoration, carried out with instructions from the maestro himself and in reference to his own, preferred, original cinema print.

SPECIAL FEATURES
                    • 'Aria of Fear': a brand new interview with director Dario Argento
                    • 'Opera Backstage': a unique behind the scenes documentary
                    • Restoration featurette

TECH SPECS
                    • 1080p HD
                    • Format: Dual-Format (BD/DVD)
                    • Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
                    • Feature length: BD: 107m 13s, DVD: 94m 38s
                    • DVD: 94mins 38secs
                    • Certificate: 18
                    • Audio: English and Italian
                    • Optional English subs
                    • Region code: BD: B, DVD: 2.
                    • Cat: CULT503
                    • RRP: £14.99
                    • Original Release: 1987

Pre-order coming soon.
                    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Walt noted that the special edition Scorpion Blu-ray release is on its way to the replicators.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• FINALLY!

Comment

• Scorpion's 3-disc OPERA has been added to the coming soon section of Ronin Flix. Should be available to order soon-ish.
                          Derrick King
                          Waterfall Puncher
                          Last edited by Derrick King; 02-21-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• I just hope they don't fuck anything up on this one.

Comment

• Specs are up at Ronin Flix
                              When young opera singer Betty takes over the leading role in an avant-garde presentation of Verdi's Macbeth, she triggers the madness of a crazed fan who repeatedly forces her to watch the brutal murders of her friends. Will her recurring childhood nightmare hold the key to the identity of this psychopath or does an even more horrific evil lay waiting in the wings?

Starring Cristina Marsillach, John Charleston, Urbano Barberini, William McNamara, Antonella Vitale, Barbara Cupisti

Special Features THREE DISC SET- New 2K scan with extenstive color correction in three presentations - 2.35:1 Super 35, 1.78:1 and the Orion Pictures cut - Interviews with dirctor Dario Argento, actors Urbano Barberini, William McNamara, Coralina Cataldi Tassoni and Barbara Cupisti, composer Claudio Simonetti, screenwriter Franco Ferrini, special effects artist Sergio Stivaletti and more - Audio Commentary by film historian Nathaniel Thompson - Audio Commentary with film historian Troy Howarth and much more

Scorpion Releasing // 1989 // 107 Minutes // Not Rated // Color // English, Italian with English Subtitles // Region A
                              Price is $49.99

Comment

Working...
                              X