Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Releasing Argento's Opera on Blu-ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over at the Blu-ray forums, Walter Olsen confirmed that Bill has OPERA. Sigh

Comment

I'd really love to see the film released on Blu with both English dubs and the Italian track with correctly-translated subtitles - not the dubtitles that are on the Arrow DVD release of the film. The Italian dub is substantially different - most obviously in the closing narration (in the first person in both English dubs, and in the third person in the Italian dub).

But yes, fuck all chance of that happening now. (Pardon my French.) In fact, I probably stand a better chance of getting a hefty bank loan, setting up my own releasing company and distributing my own limited print run of the film on Blu-ray than getting hold of whatever Code Red Blu-ray release of OPERA materialises - with Italian/English subs options or not.

Now, what's my bank manager's phone number again? ...
      Paul L
      Scholar of Sleaze
      Last edited by Paul L; 07-17-2015, 04:54 AM.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I'd imagine this will go out through the Screen Archives site as an exclusive and should be easily obtainable for buyers worldwide.
        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm thinking this will be a Kino-distributed title available thru Amazon, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
            I'd imagine this will go out through the Screen Archives site as an exclusive and should be easily obtainable for buyers worldwide.
            Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
            I hope one of you are right, and crazy pants knows that this is probably the biggest title he's released and he actually releases it in a way people can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
              Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
              Either of those would be dandy :)
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                I'd really love to see the film released on Blu with both English dubs and the Italian track with correctly-translated subtitles - not the dubtitles that are on the Arrow DVD release of the film. The Italian dub is substantially different - most obviously in the closing narration (in the first person in both English dubs, and in the third person in the Italian dub).

But yes, fuck all chance of that happening now. (Pardon my French.) In fact, I probably stand a better chance of getting a hefty bank loan, setting up my own releasing company and distributing my own limited print run of the film on Blu-ray than getting hold of whatever Code Red Blu-ray release of OPERA materialises - with Italian/English subs options or not.

Now, what's my bank manager's phone number again? ...
                huh?! aren't you from the UK?
                why even bother with code red? opera's getting a neat "special edition" release in germany soon (koch media).
                I read they're trying to release both version (italian original version - international export cut) - english and italian audio with subs of course.
                I trust these guys!

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                  why even bother with code red? opera's getting a neat "special edition" release in germany soon (koch media).
                  I read they're trying to release both version (italian original version - international export cut) - english and italian audio with subs of course.
                  I trust these guys!
                  I seriously hope that's the case

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                    I trust these guys!
                    I'm obviously not on the grapevine with this. Thanks for the news :)

Comment

Pre-order page for the Koch Media Blu-ray coming in November.

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...terreichi01-21

Click image for larger version

Name:	811XfB5XvdL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	348829
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Who Is Releasing Argento's Opera on Blu-ray?

I think I'll get this, but it's a shame that there don't appear to be English subs for the Italian track.

Comment

Mondo Digital posted a review for the Koch Blu-ray.

http://mondo-digital.com/opera.html
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Walt Olsen just posted this on FB:

"Been busy working on re-mastering Dario Argento's OPERA. My colorist and I spent over 45 hours on the color correction, The film had a fair amount of dirt, that we were able to clean up quite well. My colorist, who also does the majority of work for Scream Factory and Olive, said "This was one of the most challenging, but rewarding color jobs I ever did. The blacks are deep and the colors really pop. I'm extremely pleased with the way the final product looks, and I consider "Opera" one of my best works!" We did both 2:35 and 1:78, and we showed it to Opera/Argento expert Nathaniel Thompson to get his suggestions/thoughts about the color. He replied, "Wow, this is the best that OPERA has ever looked on home video; its colors are vibrant and beautiful, the reds are gorgeous. This is the most satisfying version on home video!" Hopefully once all the new extras are edited, including two recently shot interviews in English, two new interviews with two Italian talents that are getting English subtitles, along with 8 Italian language interviews we licensed from Freak-O-Rama, Code Red should have a street date soon. I am predicting this will be a three disc set, as I am planing on giving both OPERAs a single BD-50 treatment, and the 3rd disc will be all the on camera stuff (so far 12 on camera interviews!). So Im betting i will do a steelbox perhaps on this. I am confident this will be the ultimate OPERA BluRay, and I am proud to be producing everything on this disc,"
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From the FB page of French distributor La Chat Qui Fume:

"In 2017, prepare to go to the opera with Dario Argento and the cat who smokes... and soon at PIFFF with his new master hd and the presence of Dario Argento!!!

Evil is the true star.
                              And no matter how hard you try.
                              You won't be able to close your eyes."
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From FB:

"A little update on some of our upcoming titles including OPERA, THE CHURCH and THE SECT - The masters and extras have been sent to the authoring house. I have moved our authoring to a new facility, run by Jim Kunz , who has done many genre releases, to ensure that these film will be encoded at the highest bit rate and will feature menu design work that will please the fans of the films. Rest assured that these films are getting TLC they deserve and need. It has taken awhile, but we wanted to insure these films get the best possible transfer including picture and sound."
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X