Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Underground Announces Hell Of The Living Dead & Rats For Blu-ray!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Clark View Post
    Yes, by all means, Blue Underground, release crap like Hell of the Living Dead on Blu-ray before Don't Torture a Duckling. :)

I mean, yeah, I have sort of a soft spot for this piece of shit, but it really is bad. I saw it on a double bill with Dr. Butcher MD a few years ago, via an old grindhouse print, and it put everyone to sleep! Thank goodness it was the second feature.

Rats is slightly better, but still.

guys, seriously it's bruno mattei on blu-ray - every member on this board should at least buy two copies!

Comment

When I was in my old office at work, I knocked together a poster collage of posters for Mattei's films and topped it off with a declaration that my office was 'a Bruno Mattei friendly zone' and disparaging comments about his work would not be tolerated. It was the first thing visitors to my office saw when they opened the door

(I wonder if I still have that poster somewhere.)
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I just recently saw "l'altro inferno" - didn't make a lick of sense but I really enjoyed the eerie scenes in the basement with dolls hanging up the wall and the dog attack with the goblin-score.

Comment

From 88's FB page:

A little something for your Friday...

Legendary schlock-master Bruno Mattei (RATS: NIGHTS OF TERROR) really outdid himself with 1980's classic video nasty bile-fest ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH. Banned by the British authorities back in the early days of VHS, thanks to its scenes of innards-chewing, eye-popping and throat-ripping excess, ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is a strangely moral eco-horror film that warns against the very real terrors of nuclear pollution and chemical fallout as residents in Papua, New Guinea are turned into flesh-hungry undead denizens! Directed with the splatter-enthusiastic aplomb that one would expect from Mattei - one of the underrated auteurs of golden age Italian gore - and penned by the iconic Z-movie maverick Claudio Fragrasso (ZOMBI 3/ TROLL 2), it is tough to deny that ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is every bit as eerily entertaining as it was almost 40 years ago!

Now presented uncut and uncensored, in an aesthetic presentation that will sizzle your senses, ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH is back to chew its way into your living room - courtesy of 88 Films and its ever-impressive Italian Collection!

Special features tbc - and of course you will get a collector's slipcover!

Click image for larger version

Name:	18034019_1664999966849939_1297103411764150244_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	352242

Name:	18034121_1664999926849943_1517783054896335887_n.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	352243

Name:	18010707_1664999890183280_6560796328843410418_n.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	352244

Name:	18011101_1664999673516635_697251474407625034_n.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	352245
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Nice. I think Hell of the Living Dead is easily Mattei's most re-watchable film.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The film will always be ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH to me. Nice to see that title being used (and, of course, the Italian VIRUS title too).
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Coming from 88 Films in December.

It took some time for fright-fans to really groove to the eclectic, insane and often inane brilliance of the late Bruno Mattei (ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH). Now, belatedly, viewed as a master of cut-price plasma-spillage, the time is ripe to revisit one of the great man's wildest accomplishments - RATS: NIGHTS OF TERROR. Unveiled to audiences of video-violence in 1984, this post-apocalyptic pot-boiler sees some of the last humans alive grapple with a horde of flesh-eating rodents - and a shocking final revelation that has fast become Mattei's signature 'twist'. Also featuring a superlative ensemble cast that includes such Italian gore legends as Ottaviano Dell'Acqua (ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS), Geretta Geretta (DEMONS) and Massimo Vanni (ZOMBI 3), RATS: NIGHTS OF TERROR is a creepy creature feature that positively oozes with intrigue in this beautiful new Blu-ray release!

SPECIAL FEATURES

Limited Edition Gloss O-Card slipcase [First Print Run Only]
                Limited Edition Interview with Geretta Geretta booklet by Dr Cardboard Waddell [First Print Run Only]
                Limited Edition 150gsm Fold-out poster [First Print Run Only]
                Remastered HD Transfer
                High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
                Uncompressed Original English Audio
                Uncompressed Alternative Italian Audio
                Newly translated English Subtitles fort he Italian Audio
                NEW Interview with Stuntmen and leads Massimo Vanni and Ottaviano Dell'Acqua
                NEW Interview with composer Luigi Ceccarelli
                Theatrical Trailer
                Reversible Sleeve with Italian title

TECHNICAL SPECS

Region Code: B
                Audio: LPCM Stereo
                Picture: 1080p HD 1.85:1
                Runtime: 96 mins approx
                Language: English & Italian
                Subtitles: English

Name:	81_rSKYmvIL._SL1500_800x.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	354975
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                  Nice. I think Hell of the Living Dead is easily Mattei's most re-watchable film.
                  I watched it with my wife on Amazon, and we were laughing our asses off all the way through. At one point, my daughter recognized some of the stolen Goblin music from Dawn of the Dead and ran to the living room, and was then simultaneously confused and disgusted by the music being used for a much worse movie.

Comment

Coming to UHD from 88 Films on 1/23/23.

https://amzn.to/3TQnAyY

Name:	312325377_533636472102082_7882077636926110707_n.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	403264
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I hope that's just a slip.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        Coming to UHD from 88 Films on 1/23/23.

https://amzn.to/3TQnAyY

Name:	312325377_533636472102082_7882077636926110707_n.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	403264
                        This transfer fixes the problems that the Blue Underground BD had.

Comment

I may have to get that, but I will hate myself for it.

Comment

Pre-order page up with extras listed.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...44438185115950

You can’t beat an Italian zombie movie and here’s one of the best, looking yuckier than ever in this sensational 4K UHD presentation.

There’s been a nasty outbreak of the living dead in Papua New Guinea and it’s up to an intrepid reporter (Margit Evelyn Newton), her cameraman (Gaby Renom) and an on hand squad of commandoes to find out why – and to try and stop it. There are disgusting special effects, some unexpected adversaries (a zombie rat, a zombie child and a zombie granny!) plus head-shots galore: truly, a film with something for everyone. Co-written by Claudio Fragrasso (inspired auteur of Troll 2) and directed by exploitation ace Bruno Mattei (Rats: Night of Terror; Violence in a Women’s Prison), 88 Films are proud to present this classic of family entertainment full-blooded shocker in all its gory glory!

Limited Edition contents:

Limited Edition Slipcase with artwork by Graham Humphreys
                            A3 fold-out poster with artwork by Graham Humphreys and Original Italian Poster Artwork
                            Booklet notes with new writing on the film by Francesco Massaccesi
                            2 Disc Set

UHD contents:

Brand new 4K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in High Definition (2160p) in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio

HDR Grade
                            LPCM 2.0 English Mono
                            LPCM 2.0 Italian Mono with newly translated English Subtitles
                            Audio Commentary with Italian Genre Film Experts Eugenio Ercolani and Troy Howarth
                            Original Trailer

Blu-ray contents:

Brand new 4K Remaster from the Original Negatives presented in High Definition (1080p) in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
                            LPCM 2.0 English Mono
                            LPCM 2.0 Italian Mono with newly translated English Subtitles
                            Audio Commentary with Italian Genre Film Experts Eugenio Ercolani and Troy Howarth
                            Beauty and the Dead - An Interview with Margie Newton
                            Poor Zombies - An Interview with Claudio Fragasso
                            Vincent and Clyde - A 2022 Interview with Claudio Fragasso
                            Writing the Dead - An Interview with Rossella Drudi
                            Attack of the VHS Zombies
                            Original Trailer
                            Reversible sleeve with newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys and original Italian poster

TECHNICAL SPECS

Release Date: 27/02/23
                            Region Code: ABC / B
                            Audio: LPCM MA Mono
                            Picture: 2160p UHD / 1080p HD 1.85:1
                            Runtime: 101 mins approx.
                            Language: English / Italian
                            Subtitles: English
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X