• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen him in countless films but never actually thought of that. lolz
    2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      I don't recall any animal violence at all, which is their big thing. The rape scene is brief and fairly tame.
      I'd be very surprised if the BBFC cut that scene today.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
        I'd be very surprised if the BBFC cut that scene today.
        it was the flashback torture scene they cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
          I've got the coffin box set of the four films and I met Lone Fleming, the female star of part 1, in 2015 when the Faces in the Dark exploitation film festival screened a 16mm print of the film in Copenhagen. She was totally lovely and spoke at great length about her life in Spain (she's originally from Denmark) and the Spanish film industry. Yours truly in the "Queen of Black Magic" tee.

That's cool, Jack J. I really love the Blind Dead series. Also The Queen Of Black Magic is a fantastic film. Thanks for posting your pic.
          https://lightandshadowcinematicmusings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
            it was the flashback torture scene they cut.
            For the 1994 release of the Spanish version by Redemption on VHS, the BBFC cut both the flashback (largely owing to Ferman's belief that the sight of blood on breasts was a 'trigger' for rapists) and the 'eroticised' (their words) rape. When the film was resubmitted in 2005 by Anchor Bay, as I recall the BBFC waived all of the cuts to the flashback and some of the cuts to the rape scene but insisted on 16s being cut from the rape. (IIRC they insisted on cutting the shots in which the victim is struck across the face and her breasts are exposed by her attacker ripping her blouse.)
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

So I watched the nice but pricey XTvideo Blu-ray mediabook of Tombs of the blind dead last night. Whether its an entirely legit release is open to speculation, but lets just say they have utilised a nice uncut hd master, making the transfer look very pleasing. The film is definitely uncut, however unless you can speak Spanish without subs then there are no subs for the Spanish version. However, the English dub is present, but the non dubbed bits remain in Spanish. Initially, its a bit weird going back and forward from English to Spanish, but thankfully the bulk of the film is English. Whether this will see another release soon, I'm not sure but this is out there for anyone interested, limited to 1000 copies/ The mediabook, is in german but has one of those faux leather type packaging that makes it look rather nice.

Comment

Originally posted by cmeffa View Post
                That's cool, Jack J. I really love the Blind Dead series. Also The Queen Of Black Magic is a fantastic film. Thanks for posting your pic.
                You're welcome, and yes it is.
                2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

I managed to get hold of the Spanish Gabita Barbieri Films Blu-ray release of TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD last week and watched it on the projector. It's an excellent presentation of the film. I've not seen the Austrian BD for comparison, sadly, but can safely say the Spanish BD is worth the pennies.

Comment

Yeah, I nabbed a copy of that too; it's very nice.

Comment

I bought the Spanish Gabita Barbieri BD release of RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD last week. It's pretty rough lookin', presumably using the digital scan/master that was used for Blue Underground's DVD release way back when. (I guess the original film elements are tough/impossible to track down.) It looks better than that DVD, certainly, but nowhere near the same company's release o the first Blind Dead film.

I can post some screengrabs if folks might find them useful.

Comment

Anyone seen this trailer? The movie looks lame because it was filmed in daylight and there's only one zombie. Doesn't look scary, either.

Comment

Working...
                        X