Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you weren't already enamoured with Udo Kier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you weren't already enamoured with Udo Kier...

...this Onion AV Club article/interview will probably change your mind.

I'd love to sit down and have a few beers with that guy and just let him talk about his life. What an odd dude.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The best quote?

"I cannot answer you, because it’s totally unknown to me what you just asked me, and also very boring."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will read!
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Udo is the man.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm fond of this line: "I was Christian von Meruh, his assistant, who falls in love with the girl with the big tits."

Comment

Brilliant. And my man-crush on Udo grows even stronger...

Comment

Udo and an owl. Why the hell not!

Click image for larger version

Name:	udo-owl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	349592
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Seems like an interesting dude. I LOVE Blood For Dracula as well and you have to be at least a little crazy to work with Paul Morrisey.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I wish a ton of 70s Udo films would come out of the woodwork. *sigh*
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                    Like which ones?
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      Like which ones?
                      Ones that don't exist, haha. I just wish there was more of him from that decade.
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Ones that don't exist, haha. I just wish there was more of him from that decade.
                        Yeah, like some lost 3-hour epic starring Udo and Little Joe as gay New York detectives investigating a series of murders, directed by Andy Warhol and written by Paul Morrissey. And all of Udo's dialogue is German language with subtitles and Joe just agrees with everything he says, without understanding a word. Ditto Udo when Joe is speaking. Lots of gore courtesy of Carlo Rambaldi and some hardcore scenes (gay and straight). Includes previously unreleased music by The Velvet Underground.

I agree, it would be awesome.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I'd settle for a new film with Udo and Helmut Berger, directed by Ulli Lommel. Probably about some serial killer. Berger would look angry and pissed off at the whole enterprise, Kier would deliver his lines with aplomb, and Lommel would wax lyrical about the heavy-handed symbolism of the whole thing.

Or even better, a 'meta' film about the making of a picture with Kier and Berger, and their run-ins with film's director, played by Lommel. Fuggin' marvelous idea.
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I would blind buy all of this... limited editions, $35 a piece!
                            Alison Jane
                            Girl Boss Jane
                            Last edited by Alison Jane; 05-18-2017, 04:56 PM.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I just noticed that the fellow who wrote the article also wrote a excellent book on Canadian Horror films called THEY CAME FROM WITHIN.

Comment

Working...
                              X