Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFI Releasing Aguirre, Wrath Of God

From Blu-ray.com...

The British Film Institute has revealed that it plans to release a Dual Format edition of Werner Herzog's Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes a.k.a Aguirre, Wrath of God (1972), starring Klaus Kinski, Ruy Guerra, Allejandro Repulles, and Helena Rojo. A preliminary release date is yet to be revealed.

The Dual Format edition will part of BFI's upcoming Werner Herzog Collection.

In the mid-16th century, after annihilating the Incan empire, Gonzalo Pizarro (Repulles) leads his army of conquistadors over the Andes into the heart of the most savage environment on earth in search of the fabled City of Gold, El Dorado. As the soldiers battle starvation, Indians, the forces of nature, and each other, Don Lope de Aguirre (Kinski) "The Wrath Of God," is consumed with visions of conquering all of South America and revolts, leading his own army down a treacherous river on a doomed quest into oblivion.

Featuring a seething, controlled performance from Kinski, this masterpiece from director Werner Herzog is an unforgettable portrait of madness and power.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

MY AB Herzog boxes are signed, so I'm not getting rid of them any time soon. But I want the whole lot of upgraded Blu's like 5 minutes ago.
    EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Yeah, these are already some of my most anticipated releases of the year, and long overdue.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This release MAY push me over the edge and force me to upgrade to BLU-RAY

Comment

One of us, one of us...

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thomsen View Post
            One of us, one of us...
            HELP!!!!!!

Comment

Well since I just bought the German BD i'll only get this if it has English subs for German Audio.

KASPER and NOSFERATU are most welcome too.

Comment

How was the PQ on the German disc of Aguirre?

Wondering if the BFI will do new transfers or use the German ones...
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

BFI Releasing Aguirre, Wrath Of God

I'm hoping for a quality NOSFERATU myself with proper English and German audio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    How was the PQ on the German disc of Aguirre?

Wondering if the BFI will do new transfers or use the German ones...

Looks fantastic, Ian.

I posted a couple of caps at Latarnia in the German NOSFERATU thread...keep in mind they're only about 550P.

Comment

One of my favourite films, so hypnotic.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                        One of my favourite films, so hypnotic.

Yes, with the running river and Popol Vuh's beautiful droning score it's very hypnotic.

Comment

The surreal arrow-in-a-leg scene and the beheading scene are so effective because by that point you've entered into the mindset of the film so thoroughly that it almost feels like you're hallucinating the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                            The surreal arrow-in-a-leg scene and the beheading scene are so effective because by that point you've entered into the mindset of the film so thoroughly that it almost feels like you're hallucinating the scenes.
                            It's true. It's also interesting how it sort of puts you in the mindset of Kinski's character at the same time.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X