THE VAMPIRE LOVERS - Scream Factory/Shout! Factory Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE VAMPIRE LOVERS - Scream Factory/Shout! Factory Blu-ray

George R. Reis over at DVD Drive-in has posted an early review of Scream Factory's upcoming THE VAMPIRE LOVERS Blu-ray.

The review

THE VAMPIRE LOVERS - Scream Factory/Shout! Factory Blu-ray

There's also a fairly positive write up over on Bluray.com

Comment

Does anyone know if this is region locked. It seems that Scream factory bds (based on the information I have seen) are. Maybe I have just answered my own question!!!

Comment

I think all their blu-ray are region A locked, it's a contractual obligation (contrary to Arrow they don't play arround it).

Comment

It seems now that Hammer fans are being teased. USA hammer fans are frustrated that the UK releases are B locked and vice versa with UK and A locked. Studio canal have now stalled with thir Uk releases, which leaves Lionsgate in UK and an unknown schedule if there is a schedule.

Comment

All the more reason to go region free if you can! :)
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Agreed. I've been region free since 1998 and was multi region VHS compatible before that. With Euro cult my primary area of interest it was the only way to go from the outset. If you go region free you will never look back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Thats the frustrating thing. I was new to BD this year and in my eagerness just jumped in and bought a decent enough but cheap panasonic player without thinking about regions. I later managed to convert the dvd aspect into mulltiregion but nothing I can do about the BD player. So I cant justify at moment paying for a multi regional player when the one I have is only a few months old. Im an idiot sometimes.

Comment

I've always thought Moray Grant went too far with the fog filter and the dim light in the night scenes in THE VAMPIRE LOVERS, and in some other films he did for Hammer. I don't like blurry soft murky images. Shout! Factory's new blu-ray has good black levels and renders a hard light to the image which goes along way toward making Grant's soft foggy night scenes more distinct. The film looks good on blu-ray and is an improvement on the DVD, which also looked good. Watching the blu-ray also helped me pin down another bothersome aspect of the film, which is Ingrid Pitt's performance. Here and in COUNTESS DRACULA Ingrid is a strong, natural presence but she is not yet an actress. She never convinces me that she is in character or in the moment. Yet her personality is so right for the part, the film benefits from her presence. I recommend the blu-ray.

As an aside, I met Ingrid Pitt briefly at a reception in Michael Carreras' hotel room in 1974, and I must say, her pheromones walked into the room three seconds before she did. She was even more commanding in person than in her films, and infinitely more attractive. Sure the camera liked her, but it only captured a hint of her natural beauty. In person she was cold, disdainful and unapproachable, but drop-dead beautiful. She did not "get" the convention and was being deliberately rude to everybody, particularly Michael Carreras, who was worried about what she might say during her appearance before the public, but he remained a gentlemen. I came away from that reception and the interviews that followed with a lot of respect for Michael Carreras.
                  Richard--W
                  a straight arrow
                  Last edited by Richard--W; 05-09-2013, 08:31 PM.
                  "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                  - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

For those that are interested , VL is not locked to region A. It does play on region B, regardless of it specifying A on the back cover. But it may be irrelevant on this forum as it seems most people are multiregional.

Comment

Working...
                    X