The House On Straw Hill Blu-ray 6/11/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The House On Straw Hill Blu-ray 6/11/13

Severin has been talking about this for a while but now it's official.

Will be released as a Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack on June 11, 2013.

Banned in Britain for thirty years, The House On Straw Hill is a shockingly violent and erotic tale of seduction, brutality and revenge. Cult movie icon Udo Kier (Mark Of The Devil, The Theatre Bizarre) stars as a successful novelist suffering from writer's block, who rents a country cottage in the hope of finding inspiration. But the arrival of a sensual secretary, played by Linda Hayden (Blood on Satan's Claw, Taste the Blood Of Dracula) sets in motion of chain of events that culminate in an unrestrained explosion of sex and savagery.

Also known as Exposé and condemned as a Video Nasty in the UK, this sleazy classic from Brian Smedley-Aston (Vampyres) and co-starring the notorious Fiona Richmond - Britain's No.1 sex symbol - is now fully restored from the only uncut elements and is available for the first time in the US with brand new extras!

Extras include:
    -Audio Commentary with director James Kenelm Clarke and producer Brian Smedley-Aston
    -All-new interviews with director James Kenelm Clarke and star Linda Hayden
    -Theatrical Trailer

No cover art yet so here's a trailer

Rock! Shock! Pop!

It really isn't that violent. It is a pretty sleazy eurotrash thriller with a couple of ultra sexy eurobabes and some violence. Pretty fun flick but it's no lost classic.
    Alex K.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I like it enough that I look forward to upgrading from that lousy cut UK DVD that I have.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Awesome. Love this film, too bad no extras with Udo.

Comment

The House On Straw Hill Blu-ray 6/11/13

Originally posted by Mark C. View Post
          Awesome. Love this film, too bad no extras with Udo.
          Yeah - but I love Smedley-Aston. He's like this classic English gentleman with a posh accent who discusses sleazy movies - you should hear him on the VAMPYRES audio commentary with pervy dirty old man Jose Larraz. It's a total hoot.

Comment

Strange to see an interview with Linda Hayden, if I remember well she doesn't really like that film... I guess I will have to wait for Diabolik to pre-order because I'm sure it will be way overpriced at our Amazon judging from the price on the US one.

Comment

For many of the reasons Alan Jones highlights in the video above, this is a must-own in my opinion. I'm very happy that Severin is releasing it.
              Last edited by Lee; 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Oh my god, this is FABULOUS news! I really dig this film. This WILL be mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Clark View Post
                  Oh my god, this is FABULOUS news! I really dig this film. This WILL be mine!
                  Yeah, I'm psyched for this one...

Comment

"Banned in Britain for thirty years"

Quite a bold statement considering it was available to rent in the UK during the early 1980's - and then re-released (cut, but certified) in the 1990's in the bargain buckets. I remember picking it up for a couple of quid - watched about half of it... don't remember any of it. A lot of people do like it though so I guess there's something in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                      Yeah - but I love Smedley-Aston. He's like this classic English gentleman with a posh accent who discusses sleazy movies - you should hear him on the VAMPYRES audio commentary with pervy dirty old man Jose Larraz. It's a total hoot.
                      I have that disc I will have to check it out.

Comment

I remember seeing the VHS box in the video store back in the day....never saw it, though.

Comment

Pretty great cover art...

Click image for larger version

Name:	house.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	342823
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is now available to pre-order at Diabolik DVD and at a more reasonable price than Amazon , so mine is done.

Comment

Excited for this release; never seen this Video Nasty!

Comment

Working...
                              X