Naschy Worship - The Paul Naschy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
    It isn't the release (so far), just that the film itself was a disappointment, especially for Naschy. It is a batshit crazy movie and I'm hoping the print quality justifies the price.
    That's odd. It's my favorite Naschy, and I love Naschy! "This can't be scientific!"

Comment

• From FB...

AT LAST IT CAN BE REVEALED, the mystery 'third' LE title is ...

Paul Naschy's 80s horror classic PANIC BEATS! We were the first ones to issue this film on a legit disc back in the 2000s and we are beyond excited to have renewed our license and given the film a sparkling new 4K restoration for its worldwide HD premiere! Full specs are below …

Directed by Jacinto Molina
      Spain, 1982 94 minutes, widescreen, color
      Starring: Paul Naschy, Julia Saly, Lola Gaos, Silvia Miro, Frances Ondiviela, Manuel Zarzo, Jose Vivo, Charly Bravo
      Spanish language/ English subtitles

Spanish horror legend Paul Naschy wrote directed and stars in this dark and macabre tale of lust, betrayal and ghostly vengeance. Naschy plays a descendent of the Alaric de Marnac character first seen in his 1973 film Horror Rises From the Tomb.

Desperate to salvage his crumbling financial empire, Paul Marnac (Naschy) decides to kill his heiress wife, Genevií¨ve, played by Julia Saly. He enlists the help of a sexy and ambitious younger woman, Julie, played by former Miss Spain, Frances Ondiviela. Unfortunately, one murder is not enough to satisfy Julie's blood lust and greed. As the corpses pile up, she heads for a confrontation with an ancient and unstoppable evil.

Remastered for the first time in HD, this fully restored Blu-ray is the complete uncut version of the film and contains all the notorious gore and violence.

DISC CONTENTS
      Region Free
      New 4K restoration from the OCN
      Spanish language track with optional English subtitles
      Two archival interviews with Paul Naschy
      New audio commentary by Troy Guinn and Rodney Barnett of the Naschycast

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
      1000 numbered copies in our usual red case
      Reversible cover sleeve
      20 page booklet with brand new writing on the film by Troy Howarth, author of Human Beasts: The Films of Paul Naschy
      Set of full color lobby card reproductions

There it is! Is it what you were hoping for? If not, hopefully it excites all the same. DON'T FORGET - this goes up for pre-order tomorrow alongside QUEENS OF EVIL and BLOOD CEREMONY at 9 AM Pacific/12 noon Eastern at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com and then one hour later at mondo-macabro.com. Due to some production delays in all three titles we don't expect these to ship until early January. If we can reasonably ship them earlier we will, but don't count on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	359019

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	359020
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The new cover choice is an upgrade from the cartoonish snake cover. The Mondo DVD is already nice looking but I think it's oop.
        Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

Comment

• This and the other two new MMs are on sale NOW!!!

Comment

• This one -- like Blood Ceremony -- is already sold out!

Comment

• Mondo Macabro just posted this news on FB...

Coming next year to Blu-ray! Two rare films by Spanish horror visionary Paul Naschy!

HOWL OF THE DEVIL is one of Naschy's last great films and also one of his craziest. He plays an insane failed actor who dresses up as various famous villains from films and history while he kidnaps and abuses unsuspecting ladies.

HOWL is one of Naschy's most autobiographical films as well as one of his most bitter and cynical.

This will be the film's first official release anywhere in the world. Expect a 4K restoration from the recently discovered negative.

THE FRENCHMAN'S GARDEN is also criminally underseen and absolutely one of the great man's finest films. It's a sort of period set "true crime" film shot through with a healthy dose of the macabre. Troy Howarth, author of the book HUMAN BEASTS: THE FILMS OF PAUL NASCHY, says that it's "arguably Naschy's most impressive film up until this time" and we would have to agree.

This will be the first official release of the film in the US, from a recent, gorgeous 4K restoration.

We don't have firm dates for either release but expect both of them sometime in the first half of 2021 if all goes well.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Great news, Howl is one of the very few I haven't see. Frenchman's Garden is a quality film but not as much of an exploitation effort.
                Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

Comment

• ^^ Very exciting

Comment

• Sell sheet and trailer for the upcoming Panic Beats Blu-ray.

Name:	pb.jpg
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	359116

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yay, finally a good release of Howl of the Devil, we have waited so long for this! I've held off watching the terrible vhs that is available. Can't wait to check it out.
                      Last edited by willpak; 11-28-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Panic Beats pushed back to 3/9/21.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                          Got the video link:
                          Anyone receive this? I heard the first batch was botched, but that a corrected edition would be issued.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                            Anyone receive this? I heard the first batch was botched, but that a corrected edition would be issued.
                            Yeah, I ordered from wowhd before the faults were announced so I was looking for them when I watched. I couldn't find anything wrong with mine.

Comment

• Apparently the corrected version drops the RETURN OF THE ZOMBIES alternate version from the disc.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                                Diabolik has the corrected version in stock.
                                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                                X