No announcement yet.

Naschy Worship - The Paul Naschy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed HOWL OF THE DEVIL more than I should. Went in expecting the worst but found a lot to like. Its 1988 so it can't really compete with his 70's stuff. I found enough to like though.

Comment

• someone was asking when the final film of subkulturs naschy box is coming ... release date: 01/14/2022!

Comment

• killer must kill again: "someone was asking when the final film of subkulturs naschy box is coming ... release date: 01/14/2022!"

Closure at last!

Comment

• Full Moon's ORGY OF THE LIVING DEAD looks and sounds really good.

When I see Full Moon I always expect the worst, but this turned out really nice. Sure it doesn't have any special features but at less than $10 its a steal. And there are plenty of Naschy releases with special features so its nice to get a quality release that's cheap.

Comment

• From the new Mondo Macabro newsletter... coming in 2023!

"Your favorite icon of Spanish cult cinema does his version of DEATH WISH!

NIGHT OF THE EXECUTIONER aka LA NOCHE DEL EJECUTOR (Spain, 1992)

Naschy plays Dr Hugo Arranz who is celebrating his 50th birthday with his wife and daughter when a gang of degenerate thugs break into their home. They rob the doctor and his family and then rape and kill both the women. Their final gruesome act is to cut out Dr Hugo’s tongue after which they leave him to bleed to death. But the doctor survives and, seeking vengeance on the punks who destroyed his family, he begins a rigorous training program to turn himself into a merciless killing machine.

Naschy’s final film as writer/director/star, this is a bleak and violent work in which the action unfolds at a relentless pace, barely pausing for breath. Paul Naschy throws into the mix a huge dollop of sex and sleaze and his portrayal of the silent avenger is one of his most powerful and chilling screen performances.

This is the film’s first US release and a world premiere on Blu-ray, fully restored from the original negative and with a number of exclusive extra features."
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Another great announcement.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• From Mondo Macabro's FB page:

At last, we come to this year’s HALLOWEEN SALE headlining LIMITED EDITION release! Without further ado, we unveil …
                DR JEKYLL AND THE WEREWOLF! (1972)

Quite simply the most crazed and delirious film of Spanish horror icon Paul Naschy’s long career. The trouble starts when our favorite El Hombre Lobo, Waldemar Daninsky (Naschy, of course) goes to the infamous Dr Jekyll (Euro-cult fave Jack Taylor) for help ridding himself of the lycanthropy curse. Things don’t exactly go as planned. The results are some of the most bizarre and entertaining moments of the entire 70s Spanish horror boom.

We are proud to present this Eurohorror classic on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, for the first time anywhere.

Please note- the Spanish licensor for this film ONLY has access to the negatives for the Spanish “clothed” cut of the film. Despite nearly a year or searching for film materials for the export version, we came up empty handed. Therefore, we had to rely on SD inserts to recreate this “uncut” version of the film. This cut is only featured on the BD. The UHD features the original Spanish cut of the film only.

This edition is limited to 2000 copies, and the UHD is limited to this version. The future standard release will be BD only. This exclusive 4K LE will be available both as part of the FLASH PRE-SALE starting tomorrow AND the Halloween Sale proper, which begins on October 31st.

DISC ONE – UHD

The Spanish cut of the film
                Brand new 4K restoration provided by the licensor
                Spanish audio with optional Eng subs; English dub

DISC TWO – Blu-ray

Region Free
                Spanish cut in 1080p, taken from the 4K restoration
                Export cut in 1080p, with extra scenes taken from SD sources
                Spanish audio with optional Eng subs; English dub
                Archival interview with Paul Naschy about the film
                Career profile of Jack Taylor
                Jack Taylor on "Fantaterror"
                Film maker Victor Matellano on the career of director Leon Klimovsky
                Brand new audio commentary from Rodney Barnett and Troy Guinn of the NaschyCast

LIMITED EDITION FEATURES

Exclusive slipcover; reversible inner sleeve with new art by Rick Melton and original poster art on each side; set of lobby card reproductions; 20 page full color booklet with new writing on the film by Mirek Lipinski; limited to 2000 copies

New promo trailer:

On sale as part of the FLASH PRE-SALE on Friday, October 20th at 9 AM Pacific at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com, and again as part of the HALLOWEEN SALE bundle from October 31st at 9AM also at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	651.4 KB
ID:	422108

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	540.1 KB
ID:	422109

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	678.9 KB
ID:	422110
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• God dammit, I think I'm going to get the MM bundle this go-'round.

Comment

• It's a terrible bummer that they couldn't locate elements for the export cut.

Might have to wait this one out and just get the standard edition, as I rarely find the clothed versions of Naschy flicks to be much fun (unless this one is a glaring exception?)
                    https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                    http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yeah, the UHD would pretty much be a coaster. I'm just pleasantly surprised how much all four releases in this batch appeal to me.

Comment

• MakeFlix.com is releasing The Unliving on Blu-ray.

https://makeflix.com/products/the-unliving

PREORDER NOW — SHIPS WEEK OF FEBRUARY 5!
                        First time on Blu-ray, includes the unrated 95-minute version plus bonus 81-minute R-rated version!

The last of the great horror legends, PAUL NASCHY, revives his most famous monster creation, the doomed werewolf, Count Waldemar Daninsky, in this blood-soaked Gothic nightmare.

For the first time ever, Naschy brings his classic werewolf character to life in America as he joins Scream Queen, MICHELLE BAUER and Late Night Cinemax favorite, BEVERLY LYNNE in director Fred Olen Ray's tribute to the great Spanish horror films of the 1970s.

The story begins as a TV crew makes its way to Castle Daninsky in search of a story. The Castle is rumored to possess a secret treasure hidden within its walls, but ultimately death is all they find as the eternal Countess Elizabeth Bathory seeks to sacrifice them in order to please the Lord of Darkness, bathe in their blood and revive Daninsky from his tomb.

MOD BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:

Director's Commentary Track with Fred Olen Ray and David DeCoteau
                        A WEREWOLF IN HOLLYWOOD - Video "Making Of" Documentary
                        Special R-Rated 81 Minute Version
                        Original Trailer
                        MOD BLU-RAY FAST FACTS:
                        2004 • Color • 95 & 81 Mins. • Not Rated • DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono • 1080p HD Widescreen (1.66:1) • BD-25 (Manufactured On Demand)

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Awesome. I only have the R-rated DVD of "Tomb of the Werewolf". I'm loving the stuff Makeflix is getting their hands on.

Comment

• Ouch, £19 shipping to the UK. I'll wait for a UK supplier to get it in.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Press release for the standard edition of Dr. Jekyll And The Werewolf.

Mondo Macabro and CAV present DR JEKYLL AND THE WEREWOLF – Top grade Euro-horror and definitely the craziest werewolf film ever.

Dr Jekyll and the Werewolf
                              1 Blu-ray disc
                              Label: Mondo Macabro
                              Preorder: 4/9/24/24 Release: 5/4/24
                              MSRP: $29.95
                              UPC: 843276029593
                              Catalogue #: MDO295
                              Genre: Horror
                              Color
                              86 minutes in English and Spanish, with English subtitles
                              MPAA Rating: NR
                              Anamorphic Widescreen 1.66:1
                              DTS-HD MA 2.0 Stereo
                              Region code: All
                              Production year: 1972 in Spain
                              Director: Leon Klimovsky
                              Cast: Paul Naschy, Jack Taylor, Mirta Miller, Shirley Corrigan

This is the fifth film to feature Spanish actor Paul Naschy as Waldemar the Wolfman. The previous episode – FURY OF THE WOLFMAN – had not been well received. Naschy was determined to get the series back on track and with his next appearance as the Wolfman he pulled out all the stops. Here, he comes to swinging seventies London, seeking a cure to his malady. Unfortunately he meets Dr Jekyll, who injects him with a serum that turns him into the lascivious killer, Mr Hyde.

In his top hat and black cloak, Hyde haunts the fleshpots of Soho, while two gorgeous women fight for possession of his wolfman soul.

Top grade Euro-horror and definitely the craziest werewolf film ever. Disc includes both the Spanish cut and the rarely seen export version of the film.

Special Features:
                              Paul Naschy on Dr Jekyll.
                              Interview with Sergio Molina.
                              Jack Taylor, testigo del fantástico, directed by Diego López-Fernández.
                              Jack Taylor on Fantaterror.
                              Film maker Victor Matellano on the career of director Leon Klimovsky.
                              Audio commentary from the Naschy cast.

Name:	dr.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	429131
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• 13 copies are left of The Unliving (Tomb of the Werewolf).

Comment

Working...
                                X