Naschy Worship - The Paul Naschy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Keeth View Post
    "The Beast and the Magic Sword" is not a good horror title but that trailer is mighty entertaining. I know nothing about the mummy film, either. Are both worthwhile?
    After hearing how amazing it was for so many years before I finally saw it, I found BEAST to be a bit disappointing. The scene where Daninsky wrestles with a real tiger is incredible, but that's really all I can remember about it. However, the DVD-r I have only runs around 100 minutes and almost everywhere else it's listed with a run time of 2 hours - I'll be curious to see what the running time is of MM's Blu-ray.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• From the Paul Naschy: A Life on the Screen Facebook group:

"Good Grief!

Some loser is scalping our beloved Blu-ray before it's even officially announced.

A new low....and 1 sold already to some poor sucker.

Too bad the scalper cannot really be prevented from buying any stock."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MUMMYS-...QAAOSwEwFdKO3-

Comment

• Some notes from RoninFlix on The Mummy's Revenge courtesy of Dawn Of The Discs...

Click image for larger version

Name:	mummu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	356418
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Mummy's Revenge is up for order now.

https://roninflix.com/collections/br...mummys-revenge
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• A very good R1 dvd I have of Paul Naschy is ROJO SANGRE
            I did see SCHOOL KILLER some years ago but I was disappointed with the film

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake Scully View Post
              A very good R1 dvd I have of Paul Naschy is ROJO SANGRE
              The Shriek Show DVD? It's non-anamorphic and looks like ass.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Its the only one I could buy anyway at the time esp with Eng Subs
                Would like this upgraded though

Comment

• The English dubbing for the mummy in The Mummy's Revenge is hysterical.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Some might be interested in this: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1640317
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• BEAST is the last great film from Spanish horror legend Paul Naschy. Although he would go on making and planning films until his death in 2009, he never again attempted the epic sweep and grandeur of this 10th entry into the saga of Waldemar Daninsky, the man afflicted by the curse of lycanthropy.

In this film we get for the first time an origin story of how the Daninsky curse began back in the 10th century. We then move forward to 16th century Japan where Daninsky has travelled in search of a cure to his affliction. Co-starring Japanese stage and screen veteran Shigeru Amachi, and shot in the studios of Toshiro Mifune, The Beast and the Magic Sword is a highly successful and colourful melding of European werewolf legends and dark Japanese fantasy. It features a fight between werewolf and tiger, an evil scarlet cloaked witch who imprisons Daninsky, a sword fight with a troupe of ghost samurai, and many other unforgettable scenes.

This is the first Blu-ray release of this film and its first ever US release.
                      * Brand new 4K restoration from the negative
                      * Region free disc
                      * Archival introduction to the film by Paul Naschy
                      * Archival documentary SMILE OF THE WEREWOLF featuring Naschy discussing all of his werewolf films
                      * Brand new interview with Gavin Baddeley, author of The FrightFest Guide to Werewolf Movies
                      * Brand new audio commentary by Rodney Barnett and Troy Guinn of the Naschycast

* Limited edition features include: A reversible cover with brand new art by Rick Melton on one side (censored here on FB but will be uncensored on the actual release) and classically cheesy original art on the flip side. A booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Richard Harland Smith. And rounding it out, a set of lobby card reproductions.

The current plan is to have this on sale in October during our annual Halloween Sale with a very short pre-order period, or perhaps even available to purchase right away. This also might be the first LE that will be available to purchase at our new website mondo-macabro.com (still under construction ATM), but that's not certain quite yet. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks!

Name:	EByCgPvUwAE6jFF.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	356541

Name:	EByCgPwU4AA_vrl.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	356542
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The cover art is wonderful

Comment

• That's a real solid effort. I just watched that the other day, the cover on my apparent boot is terrible. I might have to get this one.
                          Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            BEAST is the last great film from Spanish horror legend Paul Naschy.
                            I thought HOWL OF THE DEVIL (1987) was a lot of fun. I'd love to see that one get released.
                            VHS will never die!

Comment

• Frankenstein's Bloody Terror and Count Dracula's Great Love are playing at the Drive-In Super Monster Rama in PA this weekend, along with a few other Eurocult classics.

https://www.dvddrive-in.com/driveins...sterrama19.htm

Name:	driveinmonster2019alarge.jpg
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	356737
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Head's up! BEAST AND THE MAGIC SWORD will go up for pre-order on Friday, October 18th at 9 AM Pacific Time! This will be part of our annual Halloween Sale with all in print catalog titles on sale for cheaper than usual. We'll also have the Greek exploitationer DANGEROUS CARGO up pre-sale as well. We may also finally have SATANICO PANDEMONIUM up as well, but that's very tentative at the moment.

Only at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com! Mark your calendars!

Comment

Working...
                                X