Naschy Worship - The Paul Naschy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    OK, The Beast and the Magic Sword sounds like something I absolutely need to see. There's no domestic release that I know of - what's the best way to see it?
    Sometimes trading with or asking someone who might have a subbed version works... ;)

Comment

Someone beat you to the punch but thanks Ben!

The movie looks berzerk enough that you'd think it would have had a proper English release by now, but I guess BCI proved that the Naschy market isn't as big as some of us maybe think it is. Maybe if Code Red's Klimovsky release does well, they could look into this one.

Werewolves and samurais... that has to be good.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Werewolves and samurais... that has to be good.
        And ninjas!

I think it was set to be in the second round of Naschy titles BCI was going to release if the first round was a success.

:( :( :( :(

I really want to see the Naschy flick with the Yeti.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Naschy vs. Yeti is a great one. Great story, some amazing leap-attacks, nice gore, ... Typical Naschy-style dementia.

No decent official uncut release yet (I think). There's an uncut bootleg going round from a Dutch/Belgian VHS but the quality isn't much. There's also a better-looking clothed version of the film which shouldn't be too hard to find (I recommend this one).

I still need to see quite a few Naschy classics, but I'm not confident enough to buy his stuff blind. Some of it blew me away, but there's also a few duds in his filmography. Films I couldn't get through in one sitting: Panic Beats, Curse Of The Devil.

Comment

Originally posted by WillemClaeys View Post
            Films I couldn't get through in one sitting: Panic Beats, Curse Of The Devil.
            These both have great bush.

Comment

Yeah, NIGHT OF THE HOWLING BEAST (the Yeti film) is a blast...in addition to the Yeti and the werewolf, you get a couple of cannibal babes too. That's one that really needs a nice dvd (or preferably BD) release.

There are gorgeous looking fan versions of several of his films sourced from those stunning Spanish dvds released a few years ago. VENGEANCE OF THE MUMMY is particularly nice. I got a few of the actual dvds through Mirek at Latarnia, even though they're not english friendly, they are among the pride of my collection.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Naschy vs. Yeti is a great one. Great story, some amazing leap-attacks, nice gore, ... Typical Naschy-style dementia.
                Seconded. I really like this flick too.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

And who doesn't love a good Naschy "leap-attack!".

Comment

My favourite leap-attacks are the ones from Naschy vs. Yeti.

Edit:
                    I just realised I forgot to mention 'Hunchback of the Morgue' in my original list of favourites. If it hadn't been for those burning rats, this would have been the best Naschy film as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, there's a DVD edition of 'Assignment Terror' with two versions: Dutch and Spanish. Anyone here have it?
                    Wllm Clys
                    Last edited by Wllm Clys; 03-24-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Edit:
                      I just realised I forgot to mention 'Hunchback of the Morgue' in my original list of favourites. If it hadn't been for those burning rats, this would have been the best Naschy film as far as I'm concerned.

By the way, there's a DVD edition of 'Assignment Terror' with two versions: Dutch and Spanish. Anyone here have it?
                      I have the German dvd of ASSIGNMENT TERROR, it has German audio only. The english subs have some goofs but it's still well worth getting.

I forgot to mention HUNCHBACK OF THE MORGUE too, and it's one I really like. I could have done w/o the rat burning, but other than that it might just be my favorite Naschy as well. The Anolis dvd is really cool too.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                        I forgot to mention HUNCHBACK OF THE MORGUE too, and it's one I really like. I could have done w/o the rat burning, but other than that it might just be my favorite Naschy as well. The Anolis dvd is really cool too.
                        For years, I was put off this film by the rumours that Naschy mutilated a corpse for this film; but thankfully those rumours were squashed around the time the Anolis DVD came out.
                        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

My God. Just watched Night of the werewolf. How on earth did I let that one pass me by. I've been into werewolf and vampire films especially Hammer since I was little nipper and never heard of it until recently. Ok it suffers from bad dubbing and is cheesier than the best hammer but was excellent. The second half with the vampires especially, pretty creepy stuff. I'm huge on gothic horror and now this one sits firmly up there. Ive seen this thread before and dismissed it. Now you have my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                            My God. Just watched Night of the werewolf. How on earth did I let that one pass me by. I've been into werewolf and vampire films especially Hammer since I was little nipper and never heard of it until recently. Ok it suffers from bad dubbing and is cheesier than the best hammer but was excellent. The second half with the vampires especially, pretty creepy stuff. I'm huge on gothic horror and now this one sits firmly up there. Ive seen this thread before and dismissed it. Now you have my attention.
                            Discovering something new is always great.

Run out and get every Naschy title you can, specifically, CURSE OF THE DEVIL, WEREWOLF SHADOW (NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF is a remake of this), FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR and DR JEKYLL VS THE WEREWOLF. These are the main werewolf titles that are probably easiest to find. Then go from there. Good luck and congratulations!

Comment

I was lucky to get it to be honest. I paid way over the odds. Wolfman vs a vampire Bathory, how can you go wrong with that!!! And alone with the great artwork sold it to me. It now seems quite a rare film, even in hd. I mean I paid something like £30, the Blu-ray with vengeance was selling for £100. I'm pretty chuffed I own it now on dvd though.

Some of the others seem more readily available, but are still US imports or European I think. I will have to do some more digging around. Unfortunately though I have that many other pre-orders on the horizon I may need to remortgage the house, either that or sell my ass
                              Lalala76
                              Last edited by Lalala76; 07-13-2013, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Can anyone help me here. Curse of the Devil, Shadow of the werewolf and night of the werewolf all seem to be almost the same film. Curse of the Devil and Shadow of the werewolf I can get quite cheap on Amazon. My question is are they different enough to merit owning them ( as a Naschy newbie like myself). I don't really want to just have 3 films that are the same. But they all look like my sort of thing.

Plus whats your thoughts on Frankensteins bloody terror?

Comment

Working...
                                X