Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream Factory is releasing a boxset of Paul Naschy films on June 20th

Synopsis

Paul Naschy (born Jacinto Molina Álvarez) was Spain's answer to Lon Chaney. He has portrayed many classic monsters – the Wolfman, Frankenstein's monster, Count Dracula, the Mummy and more. He was not only a terrific actor, but an accomplished writer, producer and director. This Blu-ray box set includes five stellar films from his long and distinguished career.

VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES

High Definition 1080p (1.33:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono Castalian/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono English Dub/1972/Color/Not Rated/90 minutes

Complete Uncut Version
    In Castilian with English Subtitles and English Dub
    U.S. Theatrical Trailer
    Spanish Credit Sequence
    Alternate Clothed Sequences

HORROR RISES FROM THE TOMB

High Definition 1080p (1.85:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono Castalian/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono English Dub/1972/Color/Not Rated/89 minutes

Complete Uncut Version
    U.S. Theatrical Trailer
    Spanish Credit Sequence
    Alternate Clothed Sequences

BLUE EYES OF THE BROKEN DOLL

High Definition 1080p (1.33:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono Castalian/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono English Dub/1973/Color/Not Rated/90 minutes

Complete Uncut Version
    U.S. Theatrical Trailer
    Spanish Credit Sequence

NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF

High Definition 1080p (1.85:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono Castalian/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono English Dub/1980/Color/Not Rated/93 minutes

Complete Uncut Version
    Deleted Scenes
    U.S. Theatrical Trailer
    Spanish Credit Sequence

HUMAN BEASTS

High Definition 1080p (1.85:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono Castalian/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono English Dub/1980/Color/Not Rated/84 minutes

Complete Uncut Version
    Spanish Theatrical Trailer

Comment

• wow, so the mystery label is shout!factory ?? is this good news or bad news doesn't look good, just check the aspect ratios of blue eyes and vengeance and you will notice it's the same crap subkultur had to deal with it. so (I guess) no real update, just the old scans victory thinks look "good enough". definitely gonna wait for reviews.

Comment

• Why what is the OAR of Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll and Vengeance of the Zombies? If youre using IMDB its possible thats wrong. I think BCI scans were from negatives and even then was 1:33.

Anyway none of the films in this set are enough to get me to buy this. Especially since it will likely be $100 or thereabouts. But great if you dont already have them. Would rather have previously unreleased ones.
        Bogart
        Last edited by Bogart; 03-07-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogart View Post

Anyway none of the films in this set are enough to get me to buy this. Especially since it will likely be $100 or thereabouts. But great if you dont already have them. Would rather have previously unreleased ones.
          I believe the MSRP is $80, so the actual cost should be around $55-60

Comment

• At least we now know why Subkultur's releases of Night of the Werewolf and Vengeance of the Zombies didnt have English.

Comment

• nope, the intended OAR is definitely widescreen! I followed the discussion in the official subkultur-thread last year:

https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

here is the mangled google translation about vengeance of the zombies and victory films:

Hondo wrote:
              Why is the main version only in 1.33: 1 :? Should he not have been shot in 1.66: 1?

It was shot protected until 1.37: 1, the intended format is Widescreen (here you can discuss more about 1.85 vs. 1.66).

Why 1.33: 1 for one of the 3 frames? The main reason why it has lasted so far!
              For two years we have tried in vain to persuade the licensee to subject all Naschys to a general overhaul. In terribly painful regularity, any criticism of the material was shattered, or immediately tied as a lie, because it is all very mad. There seems to be no interest in an improvement. When last year two real big players wanted to get into the matter, but at the last minute everything was blown off again, because the same criticism of the material was not good again.
              During this time, we have been patiently waiting to see if and what is going on, with the final realization that nothing will do.

In other words, we were now faced with the choice of overcoming the existing master. It was only available on HDCam in 1.33. Ie a change of the picture format would be possible only by integrating with resolution loss. Of course, we did not want that, so we decided to use the evaluation in the original state, so that it does not come to an improvement. For this, however, we have once again put all the levers into motion and dealt with the German material we had access to. We have scanned both the premiere and re-release version KOMPLETT independently both in 4k! This version we then masked according to their former cinema evaluation cleanly to 1.66. The German EA version corresponds to 1: 1 of the unabridged int. Unclothed version. So you have the possibility to view this version (in the same way as the 1.33 version) in German and Spanish with optional subtitles. FIRST with a continuous German synchro! So there are TWO main frames that you can select when filming. So there should be something for everyone. In the bonus material you will also find the complete WA version ("Blutrausch der Zombies") in a complete scan of another copy. This version is shorter compared to the EA version (who is looking for maybe even a version ... ;) ) "

You see, we have again done everything to enable you the best
              if it's 1:33 it's the same old transfer BCI used for their blu-ray in 2008. so why exactly was the latarnia guy so jazzed about this "new" collection(?) probably because he was allowed to write the liner notes.I'm honestly more excited about the upcoming naschy blu's from mondo macabro and even code red!

Comment

• I'm excited for all of them! Code Red, Mondo, Dorado...Year of the Naschy so not over yet!

I'd rather have the old HD transfers in 1080p than nothing, if that's all anyone can get from Victory. It is an unfortunate situation.
                BCI's 2008 Blu's were weak 1080i MPEG-4 encodes. So all of these films will be upgrade, and like the Price sets, should be had for $40 if you wait.

I'm glad Scream took this on, nice to see them diversify their content ( following up on HOUSE THAT SCREAMED ).
                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                  I'm excited for all of them! Code Red, Mondo, Dorado...Year of the Naschy so not over yet!

I'd rather have the old HD transfers in 1080p than nothing, if that's all anyone can get from Victory. It is an unfortunate situation.
                  BCI's 2008 Blu's were weak 1080i MPEG-4 encodes. So all of these films will be upgrade, and like the Price sets, should be had for $40 if you wait.

I'm glad Scream took this on, nice to see them diversify their content ( following up on HOUSE THAT SCREAMED ).
                  Dorado? Are they releasing naschy too? It's going to be a great year for naschy fans...I would like some high end daninsky titles to hit blu....beast and magic sword/dr jekyll/shadow and curse/yeti would be most welcome. I held off on the german discs

Comment

• Dorado 'may' be prepping DISCO ROJO, one of Naschy's crime flicks. They seem to have the English language version of this lesser seen title.

Comment

• Some info on the upcoming Mondo Macabro Blu-ray release of Inquisition:

"INQUISITION - yes. Within the next few weeks we'll be unveiling the art as well as the specs. This should be one of the next two releases we put out.

INQUISITION - 666 piece limited edition, retail edition follows a couple of months later. Hopefully we'll have it the same time as "
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                        I believe the MSRP is $80, so the actual cost should be around $55-60
                        Vincent Price sets 1 & 2 were also $79.99 and I paid $40 for #1 and $35 for #2.
                        So pretty easy to get these for $10-$8 per film I'd guess, particularly if you do not mind waiting a bit.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	17362376_1469741886452194_7636522648311614582_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	352103
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Art and specs reveal for INQUISITION!
                            We hope to have the limited edition of this title on sale in late April or early May, with the retail version landing in June or so.
                            Brand new cover illustration by Gilles Vranckx
                            Region-free worldwide Blu-ray premiere
                            HD transfer from the original negative
                            Spanish and English Language Tracks
                            New created optional English subtitles
                            Audio commentary by Rod Barnett and Troy Guinn of the Naschycast
                            Archival video introduction to the film by Paul Naschy
                            “Blood and Sand”, Eurotika! documentary on Spanish horror
                            Mondo Macabro previews

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

666 numbered copies
                            Reversible cover
                            Booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Pete Tombs
                            And of course, the red case

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Reversible art for the limited edition. It rules pretty hard:

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Both covers are pretty cool. It's rare that I like new artwork at all. This release, I may pre-order but I bet 666 copies are going to go really, really quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X