The House In Nightmare Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The House In Nightmare Park

Network DVD in the UK have this slated for release April 4th...

Comedy legend Frankie Howerd stars as the victim of sinister shenanigans in this hilarious spoof of British horror films of the early '70s. Starring Hugh Burden and Oscar winner Ray Milland, and written by Terry Nation, The House in Nightmare Park is featured here in a brand-new transfer from original film elements in its as-exhibited theatrical aspect ratio.

Foster Twelvetrees, a struggling tragedian who scrapes a living by giving hammy performances from the classics, can hardly believe his luck when he's invited to give a dramatic reading at the country home of a well-off family. Joy soon turns to outraged horror when he discovers dead bodies, foul intentions, lots of snakes and a madwoman in the attic. Can he uncover the hidden family secret before he comes to a sticky end..?

SPECIAL FEATURES
    [] Full-frame 4:3, as-filmed version of main feature
    [] 30 minute music suite of Harry Robinson's original score
    [] Original theatrical trailer
    [] TV spot (mute)
    [] Image gallery
    [] Original press brochure (PDF)

Click image for larger version

Name:	house-in-nightmare-park-the.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	363287

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've got a check disc of this release. The main presentation looks quite nice, from what I've seen of it. It's anamorphic, and the press release says it's 1.75:1, but I reckon it's closer to 1.66:1. I'll measure it when I get a chance and report back. The fullscreen version, included as an extra, seems slightly redundant, but what the heck? It's a fun film, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

This looks sufficiently mad. Sign me up!

Comment

Working...
      X