Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ennio Morricone - I'll Never Work With Quentin Tarantino Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ennio Morricone - I'll Never Work With Quentin Tarantino Again!

Some strong words from the Maestro!

"“I wouldn't like to work with him again, on anything,” Morricone told students in a music, film and television class at Rome's LUISS University. “He said last year he wanted to work with me again ever since Inglourious Basterds, but I told him I couldn't, because he didn't give me enough time. So he just used a song I had written previously.”

Tarantino is frustrating to work with, Morricone said, observing that the two-time Oscar winner “places music in his films without coherence" and "you can't do anything with someone like that.""
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Fuck yeah! Ennio knows the score! (Pun very much intended)
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I can understand if he's frustrated at the use of old pieces in Tarantino's films, I have mixed feelings about it myself. It's great to hear a beautiful tune like "L'Arena" cranking out of a good theater system but at the same time, it throws me out of the film, making me think of it's place in THE MERCENARY.

Other side of the coin though, Morricone's more recent scores can't touch his classic stuff and you have to wonder, at his age, if he'll be working with anybody much longer.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        Other side of the coin though, Morricone's more recent scores can't touch his classic stuff and you have to wonder, at his age, if he'll be working with anybody much longer.
        I'd say you're pretty much right with this; that being said, however, I didn't mind the maestro's score to Baaria a couple years ago. Thought it was probably his best in a while.

Comment

I was arguing about this elsewhere and got whacked with the utterly typical "Morricone's old and doesn't get it" line of attack so favored by those who can't formulate an intelligent response.

Most probably, these 2 simply have different ways of working and it's not compatible. That said, Tarantino has a troubled artistic legacy marred by accusations of plagiarism and artistic overindulgence while Morricone stands as simply one of the musical geniuses of the 20th century. Certainly, his latest work cannot compare to his classics - but that's to be expected. He's 84 for Christ's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
            He's 84 for Christ's sake.
            Not cool, bagging on the guy just for being old. Classless.
            www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Ennio Morricone - I'll Never Work With Quentin Tarantino Again!

Originally posted by Robin Bougie View Post
              Not cool, bagging on the guy just for being old. Classless.
              Acknowledging the dude's age ain't bagging - it's not like I said anything he had to say is worthless cause he's not 30 or something (this is where some kinda emoticon would go if my device had such things).

Seriously, Morricone's beef with Tarantino was the kind of quasi-bitchy creative disagreement that we've seen crop up between strong willed artists a million times. Ennio probably has a bit of a temper and Tarantino can be a pretty annoying guy (how about that obnoxious Oscar speech this year?). Age just wasn't a factor here.

Comment

So far as I'm concerned Morricone has earned the right to say anything he wants.

I don't understand why he wasted his time with Tarantino in the first place.
                "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                  Acknowledging the dude's age ain't bagging - it's not like I said anything he had to say is worthless cause he's not 30 or something (this is where some kinda emoticon would go if my device had such things).

Seriously, Morricone's beef with Tarantino was the kind of quasi-bitchy creative disagreement that we've seen crop up between strong willed artists a million times. Ennio probably has a bit of a temper and Tarantino can be a pretty annoying guy (how about that obnoxious Oscar speech this year?). Age just wasn't a factor here.
                  Haha THAT is a fact.
                  www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Working...
                  X