No announcement yet.

Mario Bava

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to my amazonU.K. account BLACK SABBATH won't ship until Monday May 13. It takes about a week, so I should receive it the following Monday. You'd think they could send a few days early so it gets here on the release date, which is the 14th. The screen caps look wonderful.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Amazon has 5 Dolls For An August Moon listed as coming to Blu-ray from Kino on 9/3/13.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oddly enough, that's one of my favourite Bava's. I'm guessing an Arrow release won't be far behind though.
        https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
          Oddly enough, that's one of my favourite Bava's. I'm guessing an Arrow release won't be far behind though.
          Arrow Films & Video We will release 5 Dolls in the future. Not sure when though, definitely in 2014. We're waiting on the best elements available.

Comment

Has there been any confirmation on the contents of the KIDNAPPED disc? Is it likely to include both cuts of the film that Anchor Bay released in their boxed set a few years ago, or is it likely to contain only the KIDNAPPED edit? (If it's the latter, then I probably won't be buying this - despite RABID DOGS being one of my favourite Bava pictures.)
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Kino accidentally sent me the DVD rather than the Blu, and the DVD at least only has Kidnapped. The Blu might have both.
              EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacDonald View Post
                Kino accidentally sent me the DVD rather than the Blu, and the DVD at least only has Kidnapped. The Blu might have both.
                Hmm. Hopefully it does.

Thanks, Scott.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Black Sabbath and Kidnapped are both in stock on DVD & Blu-ray at Diabolik as of now.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

just got the Blu's Kidnapped only. This is irratating as I have the AB sets which include Rabid Dogs, and thus far I've enjoyed Redemption's work and then they drop the ball with Bava, as Arrow picks up the slack with Criterion worthy editions.

I mean honestly how many Bava fans aren't region free at this point?
                    EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Scott. Kino/Redemption's work on the Bava titles has been pathetic and not including both Kidnapped and Rabid Dogs is inexcusable.

Comment

Yeah, I like Kino and love what they've been doing but not including the alternate cut is a big strike against this release. I know Leone perfers the Kidnapped cut - maybe that's why we got it?
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

5 Dolls For An August Moon now listed for Blu on 9-20-13.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Mario Bava

So it looks like I'm on a crusade here. Ha. I actually woke up this morning even more pissed over "Kino Lorber KIDNAPPED gate"!

So I did two things. The first was write this on Kino Lorber's Facebook wall:

"It's come to my attention that your Blu ray of Mario Bava's KIDNAPPED does not include (unlike the previous DVD) the RABID DOGS cut.

I (and many many others) will not be buying this. I consider the KIDNAPPED cut vastly inferior. If you had issued this with both cuts it would have been a day one purchase. If you had issued RABID DOGS alone it would have been a day one purchase.

Please keep this in mind if sales are soft. And if your reply is that this is the only cut the producer would allow us to issue, I would reply that some things are not worth doing at all if they are substandard."

...and the second was to ask Arrow vid if they'll be doing RABID DOGS properly. I feel a *little* better now. And thank God I have the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                              So it looks like I'm on a crusade here. Ha. I actually woke up this morning even more pissed over "Kino Lorber KIDNAPPED gate"!

So I did two things. The first was write this on Kino Lorber's Facebook wall:

"It's come to my attention that your Blu ray of Mario Bava's KIDNAPPED does not include (unlike the previous DVD) the RABID DOGS cut.

I (and many many others) will not be buying this. I consider the KIDNAPPED cut vastly inferior. If you had issued this with both cuts it would have been a day one purchase. If you had issued RABID DOGS alone it would have been a day one purchase.

Please keep this in mind if sales are soft. And if your reply is that this is the only cut the producer would allow us to issue, I would reply that some things are not worth doing at all if they are substandard."

...and the second was to ask Arrow vid if they'll be doing RABID DOGS properly. I feel a *little* better now. And thank God I have the DVD.
                              Yep, I'm going to hang on and see if Arrow are planning on releasing RABID DOGS now too. I'm also considering hanging fire on FIVE DOLLS FOR AN AUGUST MOON, to see if there's an announcement from Arrow. I've been very pleased with their Bava titles so far.

Comment

No sale. I prefer the RABID DOGS cut.

Let's hope Arrow will correct the deficiency.

After comparing Arrow's BLACK SABBATH (1963 with both versions) to Kino Lorber's BLACK SABBATH I decided to stick with Arrow for my Bava blu's.
                                "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                                - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Working...
                                X