• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, 88's version is up for pre-order.
    Wernski
    Last edited by Wernski; 12-15-2015, 05:16 PM. Reason: screwed up link

Comment

Awesome to hear Severin is doing this. Need to upgrade the old Shriek Show DVD. Love this stupid movie.

Comment

Severin confirms their BD release
        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I watched the 88 Films Blu-ray release of this last week. It's nice to finally have a version with the Italian audio track and English subs on the market. The Italian dialogue offers a slightly different experience to the English dubbed variant.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I have an ancient Vipco dvd of this which cost me about £1.50 and is about all this film is worth. I don't need one blu ray let alone 3 !!
            Bogart
            Last edited by Bogart; 04-16-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
              I have an ancient Vipco dvd of this which cost me about £1.50 and is about all this film is worth. I don't need one blu ray let alone 3 !!
              Spoilsport

That said, I still have the old Apex VHS release. Call it nostalgia or whatever, I'm a sucker for this film.
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

It's a fave of mine so I'll be picking it & tossing the Shriek Show dvd unless it has something on it not on the bd. I hope Severin get the Italian track, too. It'd be interesting to see.

Comment

I absolutely hated this film when I was a kid and rented it from a Blockbuster alongside Blair Witch Project on DVD. Hated that one too. Now I enjoy both films. I enjoy Blair Witch for different reasons when compared to Burial Ground.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I bought the 88 films release and was very impressed with the quality. Will keep an eye out for this release too though.
                    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                      I bought the 88 films release and was very impressed with the quality. Will keep an eye out for this release too though.
                      It will be better. Severin is doing a new restoration and additional extras.

Comment

Originally posted by John Lyons View Post
                        It will be better. Severin is doing a new restoration and additional extras.
                        I figured as much. Can't wait to see their footage of Villa Parisi!

https://www.facebook.com/severinfilm...55935248185038

Comment

I didn't even realize that that castle had been used in Blood for Dracula and Nightmare Castle. I guess -despite looks- it was a fairly cheap place to film for B movies? Either that or maybe the people who owned it wanted to get into the movie business?
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                            I didn't even realize that that castle had been used in Blood for Dracula and Nightmare Castle.
                            Interesting! I wasn't aware of that but now that you mention it...

Comment

Some info on the upcoming Severin release from Diabolik:

Burial Ground (Severin) (Blu-Ray)

For his only foray into the zombie genre, psychosexual sleaze maestro Andrea Bianchi (MALABIMBA: THE MALICIOUS WHORE) unleashes enough flesh-ripping, gut-chomping and depraved oedipal mayhem to set insane new standards in Italian horror: Mariangela Giordano (of SATAN'S BABY DOLL and MALABIMBA fame) stars in the splatter classic about a cursed country estate besieged by horny house guests, undead Etruscans and the unusual relationship between a mother (Giordano) and her mega-creepy young son (disturbingly portrayed by diminutive adult actor Peter Bark) that will trigger perhaps the most jaw-dropping scenes in grindhouse history. Severin Films is improbably proud to present the definitive version of this gorehound/sex-fiend favorite, now packed with all-new Extras and featuring a 2k scan and restoration from an immaculate 35mm print recently discovered beneath the floorboards of a Trastevere church rectory.

Blu-Ray All Region

“GRISLY CHILLS AND SHOCKS… Sex, blood, incest, suspense and an amazing ending!”
                              DVD Drive-In

Villa Parisi - Legacy of Terror: Featurette on the historic house location
                              Peter Still Lives: Festival Q&A with actor Peter Bark
                              Just for the Money: Interview with actor Simone Mattioli
                              The Smell Of Death: Interviews with Producer Gabriele Crisanti and Actress Mariangela Giordano
                              Deleted/ Extended Scenes/ Shots
                              Theatrical Trailer

Click image for larger version

Name:	9258bb9ffa99dc89fab4de3780f73c90.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	351335
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It should be noted that Severin mentioned:

This comes from the same scan as the 88 films version, but with different color correction / restoration.

Going to want to see screen comparisons, since I have the 88 films disc already

Comment

Working...
                                X