No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM have not announced a date for HOW TO SEDUCE yet. They are still sorting things out with their new, and their old, distributors. Patience, patience.

Comment

So, lets sum up what we know so far....

1) Ascot elite dates as confirmed by email....

September 24th, 2013

JACK THE RIPPER

DORIANA GRAY

October 22nd, 2013

WOMEN FOR CELLBLOCK 9

ILSA - THE WICKED WARDEN

November 19th, 2013

VOODOO PASSION

DOWNTOWN

December 3th, 2013

WICKED WOMEN

SLAVES

MIDNIGHT PARTY

WHITE SKIN ON BLACK LEGS

2) Redemption August release

Awful Dr Orloff
      Virgin among the living Dead
      Nightmares come at night

with at least The Demons, Crazy Nuns and Erotic rites of Frankenstein released somewhere further down the line

3) Severin working on

Hot Nights of Linda
      Lalala76
      Last edited by Lalala76; 05-22-2013, 05:17 AM.

Comment

That's a pretty amazing release slate. I REALLY hope those Ascot discs actually happen. I will gladly upgrade each and every one of them.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So will I, upgrade each one to blu-ray.

Regarding White Skin On Black Legs -- does this film have another title?
          "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
          - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Would everyone please email Eurocine at

info@ascotdvd.com

and ask them to include an English subtitle option with the original language on their forthcoming Franco blu-rays. This is preferable to the new English dubs they are providing.

They'll do it if they know the fans want it.
            Richard--W
            a straight arrow
            Last edited by Richard--W; 06-19-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
              Would everyone please email Eurocine at

info@ascotdvd.com

and ask them to include an English subtitle option with the original language on their forthcoming Franco blu-rays. This is preferable to the new English dubs they are providing.

They'll do it if they know the fans want it.
              Sometimes I like the dubbing, Midnight party for example. However I think both versions would be ideal.

Comment

From Severins FB page: "I think we may have figured out a way to include the too-salacious-for-some and really quite different French cut of HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA in the package, for the serious Franco-philes (it is his alternate footage by the way, not some imposter). It will involve an extra disc in a limited edition. Details of how to get it will follow when we've ironed out all the release details. Why are we as a label so drawn to movies with such complicated histories?"

Good news.
                Collection: http://geten.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Geten View Post
                  From Severins FB page: "I think we may have figured out a way to include the too-salacious-for-some and really quite different French cut of HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA in the package, for the serious Franco-philes (it is his alternate footage by the way, not some imposter). It will involve an extra disc in a limited edition. Details of how to get it will follow when we've ironed out all the release details. Why are we as a label so drawn to movies with such complicated histories?"

Good news.
                  Yeah I noticed that. It looks like I may have to import yet again as I cant imagine that getting passed on Amazon UK like the redemption bds, presuming the ltd edition has the xxx shots as I think its referring to.
                  Lalala76
                  Last edited by Lalala76; 06-21-2013, 05:25 AM.

Comment

The limited edition should come packaged with a free banana... or not.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

There's also a hint that there's more Blu-ray Franco titles in the pipeline...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	343451
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm lost now. There's that much going on its getting stressful. I think its the teasing and anticipation. In a way I wish they just released things and caught you/us by surprise, like the old days pre internet. In that way the months of teasing doesn't get unbearable. I'm not just talking franco titles here either.

Comment

Pre-order is up for Severin's 3-disc limited edition version of HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA.

http://www.severin-films.com/2013/06...-bludvd-combo/

Comment

Great news, unfortunate that the brutal nights of linda French version is of such poor quality still. Whats even more shitty news is that Severin don't ship internationally!!!

Comment

There goes my spending diet for the World 3-D Expo September 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                                Great news, unfortunate that the brutal nights of linda French version is of such poor quality still. Whats even more shitty news is that Severin don't ship internationally!!!
                                I'm sure Diabolik would be happy to stock some copies for you. At the very least, $25 isn't a bad price for a 3-disc Franco special edition. I am starting to get a bit irritated at all these pre-order bonuses though. The best ones always come along when I don't have any money.

Comment

Working...
                                X