Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jess Franco Blu-ray

So I thought I would start a new thread highlighting any news based around what we know about upcoming Jess Franco blu-rays from around the world. Feel free to contribute as if like me you are expanding your collection but want to hold out for potential blu ray releases, then hopefully this thread will help. I will start with the information I obtained from ascot-elite and posted in another thread. Its not been officially announced but at least its something to go on and the information came directly from them.

The release schedule looks like that for the moment:

September 24th, 2013

JACK THE RIPPER

DORIANA GRAY

October 22nd, 2013

WOMEN FOR CELLBLOCK 9

ILSA - THE WICKED WARDEN

November 19th, 2013

VOODOO PASSION

DOWNTOWN

December 3th, 2013

WICKED WOMEN

SLAVES

MIDNIGHT PARTY

WHITE SKIN ON BLACK LEGS

White skin is a Dietrich film though, not Franco.
    Collection: http://geten.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Geten View Post
      Just quoting release schedule directly from ascot-elite as emailed

Comment

I'll skip the Dietrich film.

The rest, I'm tempted. If the foreign language tracks with optional subtitles are included, I'm nearly committed. Region free encoding would catch me hook line and sinker.
        "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
        - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Who's putting out Doriana Gray and Downtown? Two of my favorite Franco/Romay efforts. Hoping for Region free....

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
            Who's putting out Doriana Gray and Downtown? Two of my favorite Franco/Romay efforts. Hoping for Region free....
            Ascot-elite. So should be region free. If what I can remember the dvds were region free.

Comment

Even though I own edition tonfilms version of Midnight party (which has a good transfer) It would be great to have this on blu-ray and especially if its restored to the same standard as what the Dietrich films were, but 2014 is a long wait.

Comment

So Still no dates as yet but Redemptions titles confirmed and eagerly anticipated........

1. A VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD
                2. THE DEMONS
                3. THE AWFUL DR. ORLOFF
                4. THE EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN
                5. NIGHTMARES COME AT NIGHT
                6. CRAZY NUNS

Eager to get my hands on them crazy nuns, sounds like another cheeky Romay romp!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geten View Post
                  No, it's directed by Franco (back to back with "Mí¤dchen im Nachtverkehr"). He even has a part in the film. BTW, you can watch the interesting trailer of this film on the sensational trailer reel on the German DVD of "Diabolical Dr. Z", where you find more than 30 original Franco trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    No, it's directed by Franco (back to back with "Mí¤dchen im Nachtverkehr"). He even has a part in the film. BTW, you can watch the interesting trailer of this film on the sensational trailer reel on the German DVD of "Diabolical Dr. Z", where you find more than 30 original Franco trailers.
                    If thats true. Thanks for confirming that.

Comment

Yeah, the trailer on the CCMC compilation, if I remember correctly, credits it as directed by Jess. I can post a screen cap after work if someone wants to see it.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ian, I'd like to see a screen cap or two. Thanks.

Comment

Will take care of it after work tonight!
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Has Mondo Macabro announced a release date for How to Seduce a Virgin (Plaisir í  trois,1974)?
                            "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                            - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Severin hinted on Facebook that a first announcement is imminent regarding their Jess Franco releases and stated that the upcoming films are NOT from the Golden films period. As far Mondo macabro who knows

Comment

Working...
                              X