Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
    This out today and spotted in HMV, but there's no BBFC entry so I have no idea what state it's in.
    Uncut, according to Melonfarmers and the BBFC website, with the following guidance:
    nudity

There is strong, sexualised breast, buttock and genital nudity throughout, including sight of a man's erect penis.
    sex

Strong sexual activity features fondling and kissing of breasts and buttocks, simulated masturbation, oral sex and thrusting. There are also explicit images of oral sex performed on a woman, as well as vaginal penetration with fingers.
    sexual violence and sexual threat

A naked woman is restrained as she is subjected to a non-consensual whipping, the blows resulting in weals on her stomach and legs.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
      Uncut, according to Melonfarmers and the BBFC website, with the following guidance:
      BBFC guidance notes: The best advert that money can buy!
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

BBFC guidance notes: The best advert that money can buy!
        They are lovingly phrased, aren't they!
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• There was certainly a case to be made that the explicit content in Shining Sex was central enough to the plot that it didn't fall into the prohibitive R18 category, but I'm still kind of surprised they passed it uncut. Imagine trying to tell a Franco fan 30 years ago that Shining Sex would eventually get an uncut 18!

Comment

• It's been a while since I watched the Severin disc (I should remedy that soon, it's such a great movie) but if it is presented as a foreign language film - ie. no English track - the BBFC considers it as an arthouse film and that the proles won't be interested in seeing Ramon Ardid's throbber and Lina's wet chuff. That rule explained how 'Man Bites Dog' passed uncut without issue and 'Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer' was mangled beyond recognition.

I still think the scene of Lina and Olivier Mathot on the boat slowly passing through the sea is one of the most beautiful and truly dreamy scenes that Jess ever shot.
            Epic Bisto
            Last edited by Epic Bisto; 09-13-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epic Bisto View Post
              the proles won't be interested in seeing Ramon Ardid's throbber and Lina's wet chuff.
              This is the language in which the BBFC's classification guidance will be written in 2023. I betcha!

Comment

• As long as they're all talking forrin while there's cock-in-a-cunt action happening, it's 100% gonna get passed uncut (it might get a 15 if you're lucky). If they were speaking in cockney accents and wearing cloth caps = instant rejection.

Comment

• Carry on Throbbin' wont get released then?

Comment

• FWIW, I bought the UK release of SHINING SEX last week.FWIW, I bought the UK release of SHINING SEX last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                      FWIW, I bought the UK release of SHINING SEX last week.FWIW, I bought the UK release of SHINING SEX last week.
                      I'm assuming no extras given the label?
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I'm assuming no extras given the label?
                        You assume correctly. At the reasonable price, and given I missed the US release, I'm happy with it though.

Comment

• From Mondo Macabro thread on Blu-ray forum in regards to next lot of pre-orders (Feb/March):

There may also be a Jess Franco classic making it's way to US disc for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                            From Mondo Macabro thread on Blu-ray forum in regards to next lot of pre-orders (Feb/March):
                            Dracula Prisoner of Frankenstein?

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
                              Dracula Prisoner of Frankenstein?
                              I think it is one that has never had a US release.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	99.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	360988
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X