No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the poor lone bugger that packs all their orders hit the 'fuck off' button after only just getting all those Al Adamson sets out of the door.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
      These guys have no shame...they are under attack from their own incompetence.

IMPORTANT SALE UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT:
      THE SALE WILL NOT BE LIVE AGAIN BEFORE 3PM EST FRIDAY

Almost immediately after launching the sale, our website was hit with a DDoS attack. Initially we kept adding extra resources to try and accommodate the heavy traffic flow, but after a deeper investigation we discovered that we were under attack. Despite our best efforts, we are unable to resolve these issues while the site is live. Therefore we've made the decision to shut down the site to re-tool it, as well as fix the several hundred orders that managed to come through (inventory adjustments, order confirmations, fixing cancelled orders, etc). When all of this has been completed, we will resume the sale as well as extend it out further. THE SALE WILL NOT BE LIVE AGAIN BEFORE 3PM EST FRIDAY. We will announce more details ahead of that time. We will also brainstorm some additional ways to make this up to all of you in the future as a thank you for your patience and understanding during this horrible situation. Thank you. Sincerely, the entire Severin Team.
      They've changed 3pm Friday to Saturday in the post that I saw on Facebook.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Ugh that sucked. Totally unprofessional. I tried to check out for about an hour and a half (just the new Franco titles) and went in circles. Gave up and went to bed.

Comment

• Just been reading back from the start of this thread I created back in 2013. It was such a fruitful and exciting time for Franco releases. Redemption were releasing regularly and Ascot-Elite released two Francos a month! for a year or more.
          Lalala76
          Last edited by Lalala76; 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
            Just been reading back from the start of this thread I created back in 2013. It was such a fruitful and exciting time for Franco releases. Redemption were releasing regularly and Ascot-Elite released two Francos a month! for a year or more.
            I remember those salad days. For some reason Elite released almost all the Franco-Dietrichs in nice uniform packaging and then mucked up Downtown. One of the few of that time period I hadn't seen, but have now.
            Maybe since Dietrich as died they'll release new versions, but who knows.
            "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• What was the deal with DOWNTOWN?

Comment

• So Franco fanatics, what's the excitement level for Shining Sex and BAHIA BLANCA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                  What was the deal with DOWNTOWN?
                  From what I recall the dvd version had subpar image quality aside from different cover design. I haven't seen the blu-ray in a good while but remember it to be vastly superior to the dvd they put out. Downtown is soooo enjoyable. A rinky dink noir homage with a fun Franco leading performance, Lina in good form and one of the most scorchingly sexy women I've ever seen Martine Stedil. It's a shame she dropped out of the business fairly quickly because she was flipping amazing.
                  Nabonga
                  Last edited by Nabonga; 06-28-2020, 06:12 PM.
                  https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

I think it was also the only one that wasn't Region 0 as well.
                    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• I don't own the dvd version anymore so I can't go check but you might be right.
                      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• What's the big deal about the Severin sale? There's been a bunch of conciliatory posts on Facebookfrom Severin about how their website can't keep with demand always followed by angry rants from Franco fans about how they've spent 2 days in front of the computer trying to get a 'Franco bundle and some stickers'. Is it just a cheap way of getting the releases or is there more to it. Reaction seems very disproportionate.
                        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• there is/was a sale but i think some people just like to complain.

the Combat Shock release sold out pretty quick but i think that one lasted a few days.

think Severin did post you could email them your order with the website down. pretty sure since the ease of ordering thru the website is not available people are just going off on angry internet rants

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                            What's the big deal about the Severin sale?

Its more than just sale prices that is driving the hysteria. BAHIA BLANCA and THE BEAST MUST DIE are only available during the sale but because of the issue that has likely changed. And a small number of Blood on Satan's Claw was made available agian.

Comment

I think he may be referring to the dvd. The Ascot blu was a significant improvement and was a great addition to the Golden Goya blu-ray range

Comment

• Originally posted by JLG View Post
                                there is/was a sale but i think some people just like to complain.

the Combat Shock release sold out pretty quick but i think that one lasted a few days.

think Severin did post you could email them your order with the website down.
                                pretty sure since the ease of ordering thru the website is not available people are just going off on angry internet rants
                                Holy shit are you way off base here.

Severin has had a dysfunctional website that crashes every sale the last several years.
                                Severin put more effort into their pasties and other bullshit, has done nothing to fix their website.
                                Their customer service is legendarily bad.

Mail in orders? LOL
                                They suspended that days ago and people who mailed in their order
                                ( what a complete pain in the ass btw ) still have not received a confirmation e mail.

They are jerking everyone off and you are licking their balls.

You are either ass-kissing or ignorant.
                                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X