Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
    Damn, that's way more in the way of extras than I expected!
    I really hope they put out Midnight Party (since it's also from Eurocine) as a fully loaded edition...
    Hopes dashed; I contacted Severin and they have no plans on Midnight Party, unfortunately.
    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Hopes dashed; I contacted Severin and they have no plans on Midnight Party, unfortunately.
      Thankfully the dvd edition that tonfilm put out a few years ago is the full English version (and the Spanish version as an extra) with a very good transfer. In the absence of any blu-ray it's completely recommended (if it can still be found).

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        Shining Sex is going to be special!

David Gregory on Shining Sex:

"You guys have no idea how difficult it has been to get this one to disc. We initially agreed the deal with Daniel Lesoeur from Eurocine five or six years ago. He only had a 35mm print for scanning of the cut version and a 1" master of the uncut version. This was in danger of becoming a lost Franco film and it's one that's held in very high regard by Franco-philes like Dr. Thrower and Frank Henenlotter, a proper hypnotic Franco sex and sci-fi fever dream. We got a scan of the print and were thinking we may have to do a cut version in HD and uncut in SD. Every time we saw those guys they'd ask if there was any news but it was slow going until late last year when Daniel confirmed that he had tracked down the negative. When it came in from the lab a few months ago it was something to behold. The was some uneven discoloration from deterioration over the years but nothing that detracts from its gloriously sleazy splendor.

It also came with a whole reel of very not safe for work outtakes, just in case you haven't seen enough of Lina and her friends' anatomies in the main feature. We also continue our adventures with Stephen in the land of Franco into Spain, this time with co-pilot and frequent Franco collaborator and dear friend Antonio Mayans. We also have an interview with Eurocine's Daniel Lesoeur about his family's longterm working relationship with Jess. Also an appreciation of Uncle Jess by renowned French genre filmmaker Christophe Gans, a talk with erotic filmmaker Gerard (LADY LIBERTINE) Kikoine about his early days in the business doing post sound on Franco movies, and a thorough analysis of this film by Stephen. It's a very packed special edition for a very worthy entry in the Franco canon. We also purchased both Italian artworks for the original release of the film, which, although not particularly representative of the truly mesmeric otherworldly nature of this one of a kind movie, are works of art in and of themselves so we made one the wrap and one a limited slip case.

But that's not all! Franco fans rejoice! Daniel Gouyette in association with Omega Productions in Paris have been scouring the archives of the late composer Daniel J. White with the blessing of his heirs. White was a composer of a whole lot of wonderful library music in addition to scoring his pal Jess' films over a couple of decades. A selection of these recordings have been compiled into volume 1 of Daniel J. White in the Land of Franco which will be included on CD as a bonus disc in this limited edition release."

Shining Sex Special Features:

In the Land of Franco Part 3 - Stephen Thrower & Antonio Mayans Tour Multiple Franco Locations in Mí¡laga, Spain.

Shining Jess - Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of Murderous Passions and Flowers of Perversion

Never Met Franco - Interview with Filmmaker Gerard Kikoine

Very NSFW Outtakes

Franco At Eurociné - Interview with Producer Daniel Lesoeur

Commentary with Authors/Podcasters Robert Monell and Rod Barnett

Trailer
        Do you klnow how many copies this is limited to?

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
          Do you klnow how many copies this is limited to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
            Thanks. Is this likely to sell out during the sale?

Comment

• Severin is also teasing another Franco title for their upcoming sale. Can't wait to see what it is...

Comment

Severin is also teasing another Franco title for their upcoming sale. Can't wait to see what it is...
                They posted this on FB this morning, so there you go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	105455625_10163994705580038_303137745450252762_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	358497
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25141[/ATTACH]
                  This 2nd Franco title will be like their release of Combat Shock in that it is Limited to 1500 & WILL NEVER be released again after it is sold out.

Comment

• Closer look at BAHIA BLANCA

Click image for larger version

Name:	105530153_1180521102291107_1434413595191048913_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	358499

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25141[/ATTACH]
                      Yep, they emailed me, I already saw.

Comment

• Fucking hell, Severin did not make that easy for me. Finally managed to get an order in.

They're only selling 600 copies of Shining Sex that aren't part of a bundle. If their website calms down this weekend, I might add more to my order but wasn't going to tempt fate by browsing for other things with the site throwing out 500 errors like confetti.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Yeah my order was just confirmed. It took me 3 hours. Severin are saying they got hit with a cyber attack right from the start.

Comment

• Crikey, I can't get their site to load at all at present.

Oh well, I was in two minds anyway about risking international postage for a bunch of discs I probably won't get the opportunity to watch in the near future anyway (lockdown movie scheduling issues - sadly Franco marathons aren't everyone's idea of a good night in ), so if I miss out on 'Bahia Blanca', so be it. See how it goes over the weekend.
                            https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                            http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                              Crikey, I can't get their site to load at all at present.

Oh well, I was in two minds anyway about risking international postage for a bunch of discs I probably won't get the opportunity to watch in the near future anyway (lockdown movie scheduling issues - sadly Franco marathons aren't everyone's idea of a good night in ), so if I miss out on 'Bahia Blanca', so be it. See how it goes over the weekend.
                              They've taken the site down while they fix pretty much everything that has gone wrong. Could be some time.

Comment

• These guys have no shame...they are under attack from their own incompetence.

IMPORTANT SALE UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT:
                                THE SALE WILL NOT BE LIVE AGAIN BEFORE 3PM EST FRIDAY

Almost immediately after launching the sale, our website was hit with a DDoS attack. Initially we kept adding extra resources to try and accommodate the heavy traffic flow, but after a deeper investigation we discovered that we were under attack. Despite our best efforts, we are unable to resolve these issues while the site is live. Therefore we've made the decision to shut down the site to re-tool it, as well as fix the several hundred orders that managed to come through (inventory adjustments, order confirmations, fixing cancelled orders, etc). When all of this has been completed, we will resume the sale as well as extend it out further. THE SALE WILL NOT BE LIVE AGAIN BEFORE 3PM EST FRIDAY. We will announce more details ahead of that time. We will also brainstorm some additional ways to make this up to all of you in the future as a thank you for your patience and understanding during this horrible situation. Thank you. Sincerely, the entire Severin Team.
                                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X