Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    Do you know how many versions will be included?
    The cover mentions three: German version, International version (I think the one we had on DVD from Blue Underground) and long version (probably including the missing scenes from the Italian/Spanish version).

Regarding Le chat qui fume:
    Just give it a try and use the checkout, you'll see the shipping costs before hitting the order button.
    Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen; 02-15-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• The BU of Bloody Judge was a hybrid version - uncut English but with German language inserts.

Comment

• Yes, you're right. Will be interesting to see, what this International version is...

Comment

• As if news of our first 4K UHD wasn't enough, we also have our next Jess Franco Blu-ray upgrade coming soon!
          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
            Coming from Koch Media (May)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24370[/ATTACH]
            A bit more info courtesy of a wonky Google translation from the Amazon listing:

https://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...R/dvd-forum-21

Rushed like dogs, hunted like wolves, burned like devils: in the name of right!

England in the 17th century: George Jeffreys was appointed Supreme Judge by the royal family. And thus the first witch hunter in the country to lead a cruel regiment with the help of his no less sadistic torturers. Political adversaries fall victim to him just as much as young women whom he sends into the flames as witches, especially if they do not want to submit to him. One wrong word and the stake is burning! (2 Blu-rays + 2 bonus DVDs + 1 CD)

None other than Christopher Lee is the title judge in this gorgeous hexploitation classic directed by cult director Jess Franco. "The primitive pseudo-historical story serves as a pretext for wide-ranging torture scenes," says the Catholic Film Service, while the Evangelical Film Observer describes the WITCHENDER as "a horror film with a lot of sadism". Time for an edition that presents the film for the first time in HD and in all published versions.

Bonus material:
            trailer; German theatrical version; English export version; Edited scenes; Documentation; Picture Gallery; soundtrack; booklet;
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
              Hopefully this includes the ORIGINAL Spanish version & that the subtitles are PROPER ones & NOT dubtitles like the DVD had.

Comment

• From Blue Underground's FB page:

"To all the Jess Franco collectors out there: We're trying to locate a copy of the elusive Spanish Version of CECILIA to include on our upcoming Blu-ray release. Please private message us if you have a copy on video you can share. Thank you!"
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I dropped them a note & uploaded the Spanish version to google,
                  sadly the the only Spanish copy is from VHS,
                  and the source runs short due to print damage.....missing a fairly key sequence at the end of the first reel.
                  https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Interestingly the German VHS release uses the Cecilia title and the Eurocine credits at the beginning, but is in fact the unedited Spanish version: https://ssl.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fa...424&vid=313147

If they can't find a decent uncut print of the Spanish version, they just should delete the two Eurocine flashback scenes (about 8 minutes) from the film and put these in the extras department of the blu-ray. While these two scenes don't change the film very much, they kind of destroy the dreamlike rhythm of it.

Comment

• Anyone got a list of ALL the "Jess Franco Golden Goya Collection" BDs that Ascot released? I'm going to get the ones I'm missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                        Anyone got a list of ALL the "Jess Franco Golden Goya Collection" BDs that Ascot released? I'm going to get the ones I'm missing.
                        http://www.filmaf.com/search.html?ha..._b%2C3%2C2%2Cr
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• The list is missing the two releases of Doriana Gray.....das bildnis der Doriana Gray and Die Marquise von sade

and of course not Franco...but Rolls Royce baby is essential for Romay fans.
                          Lalala76
                          Last edited by Lalala76; 05-04-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Coming to DVD and Blu-ray July 7th from Kino Lorber and Redemption Films!
                            Neurosis (aka Revenge in the House of Usher, 1985)

Click image for larger version

Name:	95356505_2806714892710546_1255840753653907456_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	357898

Written and directed by Jess Franco
                            Starring Antonio Mayans, Howard Vernon and Lina Romay
                            In an audacious feat of cinematic bricolage, Jess Franco utilized footage from three decades of filming to craft a unique story that pays homage to the morbid poetry of Edgar Allan Poe, while indulging the director's personal obsessions. Antonio Mayans stars as Harker (a nod to Bram Stoker's Dracula), who visits the crumbling castle of his former mentor, Eric Usher (Howard Vernon), now on the brink of mental collapse. Just as the house opens its doors to reveal dreadful, erotic secrets in every corner, Usher delves into his own memories and shares the causes of his increasing madness.
                            Special features:
                            *Audio commentary by film historian Tim Lucas
                            *Theatrical trailer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                              Coming to DVD and Blu-ray July 7th from Kino Lorber and Redemption Films!
                              Neurosis (aka Revenge in the House of Usher, 1985)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24864[/ATTACH]

Written and directed by Jess Franco
                              Starring Antonio Mayans, Howard Vernon and Lina Romay
                              In an audacious feat of cinematic bricolage, Jess Franco utilized footage from three decades of filming to craft a unique story that pays homage to the morbid poetry of Edgar Allan Poe, while indulging the director's personal obsessions. Antonio Mayans stars as Harker (a nod to Bram Stoker's Dracula), who visits the crumbling castle of his former mentor, Eric Usher (Howard Vernon), now on the brink of mental collapse. Just as the house opens its doors to reveal dreadful, erotic secrets in every corner, Usher delves into his own memories and shares the causes of his increasing madness.
                              Special features:
                              *Audio commentary by film historian Tim Lucas
                              *Theatrical trailer
                              Very cool. This is the original version of Revenge In The House of Usher that was put out some years, am I right?
                              "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                                Very cool. This is the original version of Revenge In The House of Usher that was put out some years, am I right?
                                I'm trying to get some clarification which version this actually is, but odds on it's the same old Eurocine version that keeps getting recycled every few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X