Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Ugh.... I didn't want to have to buy this but I think I have to buy this.
    Yes you do

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Ugh.... I didn't want to have to buy this but I think I have to buy this.
      Yes, you have to buy this!
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        Nothing leapt out at me as being added/lost compared to the MM DVD. I guess something must account for the different runtimes, but it's been a while since I watched the DVD. Wasn't the MM version made up from three different prints? The BD says it was compiled from two, so perhaps bits are missing from the third print that MM used? I'll leave it to one of those comparison sites to pick this one apart, life's too short!
        My information is that a couple of the "bed" scenes are either longer or different takes but also the ending is slightly different to the MM version.And like I said above I'm pretty sure there are a couple of lingering shots on Linas nether regions. One shot in particular.I may be wrong.
        Lalala76
        Last edited by Lalala76; 08-21-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• I am the weirdo who is actually more interested in if SINNER is an upgrade. It is my favorite Franco, and while the MM DVD was good, it also had some weird pq issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
            I am the weirdo who is actually more interested in if SINNER is an upgrade. It is my favorite Franco, and while the MM DVD was good, it also had some weird pq issue.
            You will be pleased to hear that Sinner looks very good

Comment

• Looks like Stephen Thrower's Flowers of Perversion is available to pre-order again on Amazon. Hopefully it makes the date this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
                Looks like Stephen Thrower's Flowers of Perversion is available to pre-order again on Amazon. Hopefully it makes the date this time.
                Yeah, I noticed that too. I'll be getting my copy.
                "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Diabolik has Sinner in stock and a pre-order page up for Lorna.

I grabbed Sinner and will probably grab Lorna once it's in stock.

This is all Lalala's fault.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Also, Dorado posted this over the weekend:

"Wow already Friday evening for us and Saturday for some of you!

We have been reviewing files, artwork, printed materials, proofing the final items that all that makes up these releases so we can post an actual shipping expectation for the Jess Franco's Forgotten Films Vol. 2 and Seven From Texas Bluray releases. We posted that we would provide you with a shipping date for both these releases, and to be on the safe side of error, should the powers to be decide to throw any more causes or reasons for delays... we are extending out to the very latest the dates of shipping. Our honest expectations are to have these going out sooner but this would be the very latest.

Jess Franco Forgotten Films Vol. 2 10/2/2018
                    Seven From Texas 9/27/2018

We will post pictures of the disc inclusions by next Friday for the JFFFV2 [Booklets, mini posters, mini lobby cards disc label etc]

A side note to those of you who have a coupon from the Larraz release for a percentage off of one of our upcoming releases that was for a year, we will actually start the year from the shipping date of the JFFFV2 to be more fair to you since we are way behind in our future projects.

Thank you again for all your support these past couple of years, we would like to say it has been fun but really all we can say it has been a real experience!

Happy weekend from Dorado Films!"
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Strange Attractor Press has confirmed that they will issue a special edition of Flowers of Perversion, as it did with Murderous Passions. The details will apparently be released within a month.

Comment

• It's now listed as February 12, 2019 on Amazon. Seems like this one will just keep getting delayed and delayed.
                        "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Strange Attractor Press has started taking orders for the standard hardcover and special editions of Flowers of Perversion, with a mid-November release date. The special edition (about $104 shipped to USA) comes with an intriguing extra, if it is what it claims to be:

The Sinister Case of Dr. Franco
                          A 100 page, hardbound book, featuring a facsimile of items left behind at Hotel Quetzal in Southern France during the shooting of Mandinga in 1975. Jess and Lina Romay left the hotel in a hurry [without paying the bill?] abandoning a suitcase containing numerous script treatments, story outlines and poster ideas, all of which are reproduced, annotated and made public here for the first time. This is a unique opportunity to own a piece of cinematic history and will not be repeated. This one-off publication presents a detailed cross-section of Jess Franco's seething imagination and hectic filming schedule at the crest of his career.

https://strangeattractor.greedbag.co...of-perversion/

Comment

• Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                            Strange Attractor Press has started taking orders for the standard hardcover and special editions of Flowers of Perversion, with a mid-November release date. The special edition (about $104 shipped to USA) comes with an intriguing extra, if it is what it claims to be:

The Sinister Case of Dr. Franco
                            A 100 page, hardbound book, featuring a facsimile of items left behind at Hotel Quetzal in Southern France during the shooting of Mandinga in 1975. Jess and Lina Romay left the hotel in a hurry [without paying the bill?] abandoning a suitcase containing numerous script treatments, story outlines and poster ideas, all of which are reproduced, annotated and made public here for the first time. This is a unique opportunity to own a piece of cinematic history and will not be repeated. This one-off publication presents a detailed cross-section of Jess Franco's seething imagination and hectic filming schedule at the crest of his career.

https://strangeattractor.greedbag.co...of-perversion/
                            I wonder if there will be a reprint of the first volume? I missed out on that one

Comment

• Originally posted by george n View Post
                              I wonder if there will be a reprint of the first volume? I missed out on that one
                              Apparently so, in the first half of 2019. The announcement is their website somewhere.
                              https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
                                Apparently so, in the first half of 2019. The announcement is their website somewhere.
                                Stephen Thrower confirmed it when someone asked on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X