Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From FB:

"Due to the numerous requests, as it now with our CLASS-X ILLUSIONS turn #1: moment of fear and #2: goes black mass of demons. ;)
    Target release date is Aug/Sept More details to follow before release!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	10177220_10152467772629019_7082157228339586268_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	346533
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      From FB:

"Due to the numerous requests, as it now with our CLASS-X ILLUSIONS turn #1: moment of fear and #2: goes black mass of demons. ;)
      MOMENT OF FEAR = BLOODY MOON; and BLACK MASS OF DEMONS is, if I'm not mistaken, Alberto De Martino's THE ANTICHRIST.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat's Eyes View Post
        That ending really stings, made even more potent by the main musical motif. I wish I could find that music somewhere online.
        Didn't he reuse some of the music from Female Vampire in this?

Comment

• White Skin, Black Thights is in stock at Diabolik.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...Region%29.html
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

White Skin, Black Thights is in stock at Diabolik.

Has anyone bought this yet? Its the only Goya I don't have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
              Has anyone bought this yet? Its the only Goya I don't have.
              Ditto, would like to know if it is worth a buy.

Comment

• Bloody Moon (Severin Blu-ray REVIEW)

Comment

White Skin, Black Thights is in stock at Diabolik.

I've watched it now and loved it. Definitely among my favorites from the "Goya Collection" (and probably my favorite HC from Franco). There are two versions on the disc (SC and HC) which are playing out pretty different: While the HC is a nice melodrama (playing with plot ideas from SINNER), the SC variant adds a hilariously funny feedback subplot with Eric Falk as a kind of a sex psychoanalyst who "cures" the girls. One of them has the recurring dream of having sex with a Martian and then has sex with one (in fact a talking cucumber). Unbelievable (and even more hilarious when you realize the voice of the Martian cucumber is "Ernie" from the German version of SESAME STREET)!

Really a dream release from Ascot of this lost gem and together with Redemption's THE DEMONS my favorite Franco BD so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    I've watched it now and loved it. Definitely among my favorites from the "Goya Collection" (and probably my favorite HC from Franco). There are two versions on the disc (SC and HC) which are playing out pretty different: While the HC is a nice melodrama (playing with plot ideas from SINNER), the SC variant adds a hilariously funny feedback subplot with Eric Falk as a kind of a sex psychoanalyst who "cures" the girls. One of them has the recurring dream of having sex with a Martian and then has sex with one (in fact a talking cucumber). Unbelievable (and even more hilarious when you realize the voice of the Martian cucumber is "Ernie" from the German version of SESAME STREET)!

Really a dream release from Ascot of this lost gem and together with Redemption's THE DEMONS my favorite Franco BD so far!
                    Well that sounds promising. I have finally ordered this.

Comment

• So I took a break before throwing myself into the final four Franco titles from this run, and recently watched Doriana Grey, and Mondo Erotica (liked them both quite a bit). However, I've noticed thanks to Ian's reviews that they are in the business of releasing some older cult action titles, is there a place that has a list of upcoming ascot elite titles, not just the Franco set?
                      EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott MacDonald View Post
                        So I took a break before throwing myself into the final four Franco titles from this run, and recently watched Doriana Grey, and Mondo Erotica (liked them both quite a bit). However, I've noticed thanks to Ian's reviews that they are in the business of releasing some older cult action titles, is there a place that has a list of upcoming ascot elite titles, not just the Franco set?
                        I just check ascot-elites website

http://www.ascot-elite.de/movies/ind...nre=&sel=filme

Comment

• Diabolik posted this on FB:

"Jess Franco's DEMONIAC is getting a deluxe 4 disc release in Germany. We will be carrying it, but not taking preorders. Here is a tease of the covers."

It's a four disc DVD/Blu-ray set.

Name:	10313489_10152686262968530_1287059222566755938_n.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	346748

Name:	10524740_10152686263353530_5624818673380833421_n.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	346749

Disc 1 (DVD)
                          Exorcisme - Directors Cut - Unpublished first version from the
                          archive. The desired Franco version, which was not released from producer until now
                          Language: German, English, French
                          Length: 100 min anamorphic 16:9
                          Extra:
                          - 16 page original "Tenebrarum" Booklett by Martin legs with a comprehensive analysis to Jess Franco's most personal film!

Disc 2 (Blu-ray)
                          Exorcisme - Original version (French cinema version). The full
                          original version with complete opening sequence.
                          language: German DTS-HD 2.0, English DTS-HD 2.0
                          Format: 1080p / 24fps / 1.66:1
                          Extras:
                          - Antonio Mayans talks about his time with Jess Franco (HD)
                          - Extensive audio commentary with Gerd Naumann (manager), Bodo Trotter
                          (Author), Lutz Harder (voice actor of Jess Franco) and Matthias Kí¼nnecke (Jess Franco Kenner)
                          - English Trailer (International) (HD)
                          - German Trailer (SD)

Disc 3 (DVD)
                          Exorcisme - Original version (French cinema version)
                          Language: German 2.0, English 2.0
                          Format: anamorphic 16:9 (DVD)
                          Extras:
                          - Extensive audio commentary with Gerd Naumann (manager), Bodo Trotter
                          (Author), Lutz Harder (voice actor by Jess Franco) and Matthias Kí¼nnecke (Jess Franco Kenner)
                          - English Trailer (International)
                          - German Trailer
                          - Antonio Mayans talks about his time with Jess Franco and reveals
                          very interesting details about the operation of Jess. The interview is
                          in English with German subtitles.

Disc 4 (DVD)
                          Demoniac - 1980 Canada version with 50% alternative scenes that were filmed partly in clothing, but in completely different settings.
                          extras:
                          - Bonus scenes from the fifth alternate version "Sadist of Notre Dame (1979)" (31 min)
                          - Bonus scenes from alternate version "Sexorcisme" (20 min)
                          - Demoniac USA VHS Trailers
                          - alternative beginning of the fifth alternate version "Sadist"
                          - Full Version "Demoniac" in the U.S. version of 1975 (68 min)
                          - German Trailer "Unleashed desire" (nostalgia)
                          - Bonus Scenes (7 min)
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Wow that's pretty damn cool. I'm extremely tempted.

Comment

• Interesting. I shall probably get this, as it's one of my favourite Franco films.
                              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I wonder if it has English subs for the different languages

Comment

Working...
                                X