Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Severin were kind enough to inform me that more than one of their latest acquisitions starred the lovely Lina Romay. Not sure if that means its the next release as I'm pretty certain that will be Dracula. However, considering most of my requested Franco's usually do star Romay, I live in hope that they are previously unreleased titles.
    Unreleased is the way to go.
    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• OK, now that Devil Hunter is out, does anyone know of any release dates for the next Franco release?

Comment

• Originally posted by stinty View Post
        OK, now that Devil Hunter is out, does anyone know of any release dates for the next Franco release?
        Not yet, no.

We known that Justine and Eugenie are coming from Blue-Underground

Dracula's Daughter due from Redemption at some point

A title from Severin most probably before the end of the year (guesses El Conde Dracula)

As yet no dates confirmed.

Comment

• The Nuns are Crazy is scheduled some time from Redemption as well, I believe.

Comment

• Crazy Nuns was scheduled, but that's up in the air. I asked Nigel Wingrove about that, and he said it was more or less down to Kino

Comment

• Severin Films are officially doing Count Dracula.
              EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• This just popped up on Severin's FB page...

Click image for larger version

Name:	11873429_10156005583675038_7161486291299289481_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	348933
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So Count Dracula will be uncut. What scene was missing from the DVD release?

Comment

• It was a scene where a mother pleads for her baby back at the Castle gates. Its in the European dvd release of the film. Although technically its not cut, but just a different version. Both dvd versions offer different opening scenes.

Comment

• I just saw it on US commercial TV and the pleading mother scene was in there, so it's always been part of the US release.
                      Didn't Dark Sky use an Italian source for their DVD?
                      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Just copied this straight from dvdcompare

Provides some useful info on the two dvd releases

R1 Special Edition America- Dark Sky Films - 96:57 min - NTSC. Compared to the R0 Spanish-release by "Divisa", there are some differences:
                        1 - Opening credits. Apparently “Dark Sky Films” used an Italian print from Rome, so the opening credits are mainly Italian (title is in French, though - “Les Nuits De Dracula”). Compared to “Divisa”-release, the “Dark Sky Films”-release is missing approx. 17 seconds from the start of the film, mainly establishment panning shot from the forest with the birds singing in the background. It´s also missing the introduction-text card, as well as the text “Transylvania 1897”. “Dark Sky Films”-transfer starts from the “Alexander Ha Cohen Presenta”-credit in the black background and then cuts roughly to the middle of the first zoom (to the one towers of the castle). “Divisa”-release is using the Spanish title “El Conde Drí¡cula”.
                        2 - Gypsy woman. This is the scene that can make the difference for some people and it´s included in the “Divisa”-release (but missing from the “Dark Sky Films”-release). The missing bit in question happens after the scene, when Jonathan Harker notices that he´s being lock up to his room and is harassed by the bat. After he falls asleep (or similar), there´s a close-up of the candle and the following missing scene last approx. 53 seconds (in the “Dark Sky Films”-release it should start from the timecode 00:22:54 minute); Gypsy woman arrives to the castle walls, crying and begging to return her baby.
                        3 - End credits. “Dark Sky Films”-release includes approx. 39 seconds longer Italian end credits. They start after the final wide shot of the film and the “FINE”-credit, fades to black and just includes additional text in the black background (no additional filmed material). In “Divisa”-release, the end credits are shorter and start earlier (last of the remaining shots run still on the background during credits).
                        â—¦ R2 Special Edition Germany- Kinowelt Home Entertainment - This German SE-release includes both missing bits from the "Dark Sky Films"-release:
                        1 - Opening credits. Apparently “Dark Sky Films” used an Italian print from Rome, so the opening credits are mainly Italian (title is in French, though - “Les Nuits De Dracula”). “Dark Sky Films”-release is missing approx. 17 seconds from the start of the film, mainly establishment panning shot from the forest with the birds singing in the background. It´s also missing the introduction-text card, as well as the text “Transylvania 1897”. “Dark Sky Films”-transfer starts from the “Alexander Ha Cohen Presenta”-credit in the black background and then cuts roughly to the middle of the first zoom (to the one towers of the castle).
                        2 - Gypsy woman. This is the scene that can make the difference for some people and it´s missing from the “Dark Sky Films”-release. The missing bit in question happens after the scene, when Jonathan Harker notices that he´s being lock up to his room and is harassed by the bat. After he falls asleep (or similar), there´s a close-up of the candle and the following missing scene last approx. 53 seconds (in the “Dark Sky Films”-release it should start from the timecode 00:22:54 minute); Gypsy woman arrives to the castle walls, crying and begging to return her baby.

Comment

• Yeah, I won't be buying Dracula on blu. Had the Dark Sky dvd and the movie was just really boring and uneventful. I'd rather see other stuff get released.
                          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• can't wait for Count Dracula on blu ray, I'm grabbing all the Franco on blu ray I can get :) But they seriously need to get some of his 80's films out on blu ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Fundi View Post
                              can't wait for Count Dracula on blu ray, I'm grabbing all the Franco on blu ray I can get :) But they seriously need to get some of his 80's films out on blu ray
                              Definitely. I'd love some more from the Golden Films years.

Comment

• Based on screencaps from recent Spanish tv Broadcasts then CAMINO SOLITARIO has been restored, and I also found some restored caps from BLOOD ON MY SHOES. So there is always hope that if these are getting restored, then these 80's films and others may be up for license.

Comment

Working...
                                X