Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paul h. View Post
    I wish the English dub was included on these, even it was only partial. Oh well.
    I always liked these being in German. Just adds to the general surrealism .
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• She killed in ecstasy is the longest possible version. The extra footage has never before been released (except if you include the german media book by illusions unlimted that came out last year, which wasn't English friendly).

Honestly, I cant believe that what Severin have managed to a achieve here with extras etc isn't enough for people. For me just the fact that they have released these to blu and in HD is enough, but I really cant see what else they can add, short of a replica naked Soledad Miranda.

These releases are immense, and I say a must for Franco Blu-ray fans.
      Lalala76
      Last edited by Lalala76; 04-04-2015, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• I ordered the bundle from their website yesterday. It's a stellar release for both Johnny-come-latelys and veterans alike if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
          Buy them for the posters!
          Seriously, if they new properly framed 1980p transfers don't make it worthwhile, the extras certainly wouldn't tip the scale. Don't forget new footage in the kill scenes of ECSTASY.
          And 2 new interviews with Uncle Jess. And the Paul Muller interview. Thrower, the Soledad chick & Jess is Yoda? Bah!

Hmmm, now you got me thinking, why did I pre order this again?
          You may be changing my opinion and the power of my Franco addiction is strong. It looks like these are being released separately on blu and dvd and could tip the scales. I really can't stand having to buy both formats just to get the extras.

The Jess is Yoda extra is very tempting.
          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by paul h. View Post
            I wish the English dub was included on these, even it was only partial. Oh well.
            AFAIK these two were never dubbed into English.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              AFAIK these two were never dubbed into English.
              Well...I think you're right. I'm not sure why I thought that there was an English dub, must have been thinking of something else. I love these two films, and a blu-ray version will be welcome in my collection. Nice touch adding a cd, as the music is superb and strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                The Jess is Yoda extra is very tempting.
                It's been on youtube for years.

Comment

• Severin just posted this on FB...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The first thing I'm going to do when they arrive in my mailbox is throw those horrible/useless slipcases in the trash. I wonder when Diabolikdvd will start shipping these. Got both pre-ordered.
                    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Second thing I'm going to do is throw the useless/horrible discs and covers away. I think the slip cases are actually kind of snazzy. Makes it feel event-ish.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	11110289_10153205248510390_6342561828460785888_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	348214

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12815[/ATTACH]
                          Awesome. I hope it's DVD as well. I don't think the blu only release of Demons did all that well.
                          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Thanks Lalala......seeing that cover makes me all tingly inside.
                            And I think today is the day the pre orders ship from Severin.
                            Good times.
                            https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Frankensteinos Nudos

Comment

• Amazon is listing this for July 28th.
                                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X