• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
    Small but they look great!

NICE!!!

Comment

• Pre-orders for Vampyros lesbos and She killed in Ecstasy now up at Diabolikdvd

Comment

• And now, the official press release!

VAMPYROS LESBOS and SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY 2 Disc Limited Edition Blu-Ray Details From Severin Films

May 12th General Release. Early orders through www.Severin-films.com will ship late-April and come with posters of newly commissioned Wes Benscoter artwork, with orders of both titles.

What are generally considered the finest works of Euro-cult master Jess Franco's labyrinthine career are his 1971 erotic horrors VAMPYROS LESBOS and SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY. Now, for the first time ever in America, the fully restored, uncensored versions will be available in 2 Disc Limited Special Editions from Severin Films. Both films star the bewitching beauty Soledad Miranda, who was tragically killed before either film was released. Full specs on these Special Editions, including a pair of Franco's final interviews, are as follows:

VAMPYROS LESBOS Limited Edition Of 7500

Disc 1 (Blu-Ray):
        Newly remastered HD presentation of the feature in its original 1.66:1 aspect ratio
        “Vampyros Jesus”: Interview featurette with Director Jess Franco
        "Sublime Soledad": Interview with Soledad Miranda Historian Amy Brown
        "Stephen Thrower on Vampyros Lesbos": Interview with Author of 'Murderous Passions - The Delirious Cinema Of Jess Franco'
        "Jess Is Yoda" Clip
        Alternate German Opening Title Sequence - 'Dracula's Heiress'
        German Trailer

Disc 2 (DVD):

Las Vampiras - Alternate Spanish Language VHS Version With Optional English Subtitles

Specially packaged in dye cut slip case. Newly created cover art by Wes Benscoter.

SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY Limited Edition Of 4000

Disc 1 (Blu-Ray):
        Newly remastered HD presentation of the feature in its original 1.66:1 aspect ratio
        "Jess Killed In Ecstasy": Interview with Director Jess Franco
        "Sublime Soledad": Interview with Soledad Miranda Historian Amy Brown
        "Stephen Thrower on She Killed in Ecstasy": Interview with Author of 'Murderous Passions - The Delirious Cinema Of Jess Franco'
        "Paul Muller On Jess Franco": Interview with frequent Franco Star
        German Trailer

Disc 2 (CD):

Original Motion Picture Soundtracks
        3 Films By Jess Franco: Vampyros Lesbos/She Killed In Ecstasy/The Devil Came From Akasava
        Repressing of the ultra rare 24 track CD

Specially packaged in dye cut slip case. Newly created cover art by Wes Benscoter.

A theatrical presentation of VAMPYROS LESBOS will take place at the Alamo Yonkers NY with introduction by Frank 'Basket Case' Hennenlotter on April 9th and both VAMPYROS LESBOS (May 15 & 24) and SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY (May 22 & 24) will screen at the Austin Film Society. A launch party will take place in LA at the Hyperion Tavern on April 10th.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	348140

Name:	unnamed-(1).jpg
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	348141

Name:	unnamed-(2).jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	348142

Name:	unnamed-(3).jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	348143
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Pre-orders live on Severin's site. Well Thats my order placed.

Also now available to pre-order on Amazon and Diabolikdvd, minus the posters.

Comment

• Got my pre-order in at diabolikdvd for She Killed In Ecstacy.

I'm holding off on Lesbos until I aquire more cash. The Las Vampiras extra seems pretty pointless. Not only is it VHS quality but probably a clothed version as well. I guess die hard completists will get something out of it though. I'll never watch it, I know that much.
            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• I thought being unemployed meant I'd resist releases like this for a while. Ha!
              Just pre ordered both...I want the posters too dammit.
              As for LAS VAMPIRAS it's got unique footage, it's a bit more than just a clothed version. Different soundtrack in places too.
              If it looks better than what I already have ( and how could it not ) than I think it's an awesome addition to the set.

cribbing from Brad Stevens/Mondo Erotico wrote:
              Shorter "Spanish-version" differs from the "German-version" in the following ways:
              -The credits include different names and pseudonyms, and are accompanied by a Spanish voiceover. The music is also different.
              -1m 33s: An enormous cut removing the whole of the first nightclub act. However, Las vampiras here includes an alternate, clothed, much longer take of the Countess waving her hands into the camera, followed by a unique 6 second establishing shot.
              -3m 2s to 4m 28s: The series of flashforwards that appear earlier (at greater length) in Vampiros Lesbos have been moved into the middle of the psychiatrist scene in Las vampiras.
              -7m 36s to 8m 26s: 2 extra shots during trip by boat.
              -at 10m 34s: A shot of Linda in bed has been shortened.
              -12m 50s to 13m 33s: Las vampiras includes a complete extra scene showing Memmet (Franco) talking to Linda by a window.
              -13m 36s to 13m 55s: An extra shot of a boat.
              -14m 15s to 14m 29s: An extra shot of Linda in the boat.
              -17m 48s: The scene in which The countess and Linda swim naked has been shortened and reedited. The following scene of nude sunbathing has been completely removed.
              -22m 49s to 23m: An extra shot of a kite.
              -23m 39s to 23m 43s: An extra shot of a scorpion has been added to disguise a cut of a lesbian kiss.
              -23m 55s: The lesbian lovemaking has been reduced to a few shots.
              -24m 18s to 25m 9s: 2 extra shots of boats. The first of these, showing the Countess standing upright in a raft, demonstrates the power Franco can draw from a simple image. The entire scene in which Linda wakes up nude, finds the Countess floating in the pool and faints has been cut.
              -The scenes in Dr Seward's clinic appear together in a group in Vampiros Lesbos. They are run in a different order spaced throughout the film in Las vampiras.
              -28m 32s to 29m 2s: The shot of a man approaching the door of the clinic is longer at both beginning and end in Las vampiras.
              -31m 6s to 31m 24s: An extra shot of a kite flying over a landscape.
              -32m 3s to 32m 31s: An extra shot of a plane landing.
              37m 57s to 38m 25s: Cuts in lesbian scene.
              -45m 15s to 46m 32s: The scene of the Countess talking to Morpho includes this additional section in "Spanish version".
              -45m 25s to 48m 50s: An extra shot of Agra leaving her room.
              -56m to 56m 46s: An alternate clothed take of the Countess and Agra.
              -57m 38s to 58m 57s: Though the nightclub act has been eliminated, "Spanish version" includes this different club act.
              -68m 54s to 70m 46s: An alternate clothed take of Linda and the Countess. The following shots have been reedited.
              -71m 59s: Morpho entering the room and kissing the dead Countess cut.
              -"Spanish version" has end credits. "German version" doesn't.
              https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Does the Severin Blu-ray release of Vampyros Lesbos have German audio and English subs?

Comment

I thought being unemployed meant I'd resist releases like this for a while. Ha!
                  Just pre ordered both...I want the posters too dammit.
                  As for LAS VAMPIRAS it's got unique footage, it's a bit more than just a clothed version. Different soundtrack in places too.
                  If it looks better than what I already have ( and how could it not ) than I think it's an awesome addition to the set.[/I]
                  Yeah, tell me about it. I'm unemplyed too at the moment and don't have much room for frivolous spending right now but I have to get these. :-)

Meh... I guess I could give it a spin one night if I'm insanely bored or something.
                  https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                    Yeah, tell me about it. I'm unemplyed too at the moment and don't have much room for frivolous spending right now but I have to get these. :-)

Meh... I guess I could give it a spin one night if I'm insanely bored or something.
                    It's worth a spin. Quite a different film, imo, largely thanks to the different music.

I've preordered both of these. Prepared for a bollocking 'er indoors when they drop through the letterbox though.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I found the extras to these new deluxe editions a bit anticlimactic. Both very good Franco movies obviously but other than the Stephen Thrower interviews I don't see much to make me buy these again. I figure Thrower's upcoming Franco book will cover what he talks about on these interviews. Maybe it could be that there are still so many other Francos that aren't out officially yet.
                      "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Language correction for the two upcoming Severin titles:

New Release Announcement
                        Correction Notice

The announcements for Vampyros Lesbos & She Killed In Ecstasy that were sent out on April the 1st erroneously identified that each release was in English, which is incorrect.
                        Both titles are in German with English subtitles, please change your records accordingly.

Our sincere apologies.

The CAV Team

Vampyros Lesbos
                        Blu-ray + DVD Combo
                        Label: Severin Films
                        Limited Edition of 7500 units of this combo
                        Pre-book: 04/14/2015 Streets: 05/12/2015 SRP: $34.95 UPC: í‚ 663390000571
                        Cat: SEVE9671 Run Time: 89 minutes In German with English subtitles
                        Color Widescreen Anamorphic 1.66:1 Dolby Digital Mono Region 0
                        Production year: 1970 Genre: Horror
                        Director: Jess Franco
                        Cast: Soledad Miranda, Dennis Price

Synopsis:

An erotic horror tale about a vixen vampiress seducing and killing women to appease her insatiable thirst for female blood.

Bonus Features:

German Trailer
                        Vampyros Jesus: Interview with Writer/Director Jess Franco
                        Sublime Soledad: Interview with Soledad Miranda Historian Amy Brown
                        Stephen Thrower on Vampyros Lesbos: Interview with Author of Murderous Passions - The Delirious Cinema Of Jess Franco
                        Jess Is Yoda Clip
                        Alternate Spanish Language Version Bootleg

Vampyros Lesbos
                        DVD
                        Pre-book: 04/14/2015 Streets: 05/12/2015 SRP: $24.95 UPC: 663390000397
                        Cat: SEVE9397 Run Time: 89 minutes In German with English subtitles
                        Cast: Soledad Miranda, Dennis Price

Synopsis:

An erotic horror tale about a vixen vampiress seducing and killing women to appease her insatiable thirst for female blood.

Bonus Features:

German Trailer
                        Vampyros JesíƒÂºs: Interview with Writer/Director Jess Franco
                        Sublime Soledad: Interview with Soledad Miranda Historian Amy Brown
                        Stephen Thrower on Vampyros Lesbos: Interview with Author of Murderous Passions - The Delirious Cinema Of Jess Franco
                        Jess Is Yoda Clip
                        Alternate Spanish Language Version Bootleg

She Killed In Ecstasy
                        Blu-ray + Compact Disc
                        Limied Edition of 4000 units of this combo
                        Pre-book: 04/14/2015 Streets: 05/12/2015 SRP: $34.95 UPC: í‚ 663390000588
                        Cat: SEVE9588 Run Time: 80 minutes In German with English subtitles
                        Cast: Beni Cardosi, Soledad Miranda

Synopsis:

The erotically charged follow up to the Jess Franco DVD smash hit, Vampyros Lesbos.The enchanting Soledad Miranda stars as a woman intent on avenging the death of her lover, a doctor who committed suicide after his experiments on human embryos were condemned by the medical establishment. With an insatiable lust for vengeance, she sets out to kill those responsible for his suicide.

Bonus Features:

German Trailer
                        Jess Killed in Ecstasy: Interview With Writer/Director Jess Franco
                        Sublime Soledad: Interview With Soledad Miranda Historian Amy Brown
                        Stephen Thrower on She Killed in Ecstasy: Interview With Author of Murderous Passions - The Delirious Cinema of Jess Franco
                        Paul Muller on Jess Franco: Interview With frequent Franco Star
                        DISC 2- Vampyros Lesbos/She Killed In Ecstasy Soundtrack CD

She Killed In Ecstasy
                        DVD
                        Pre-book: 04/14/2015 Streets: 05/12/2015 SRP: $24.95 UPC: 663390000403
                        Cat: SEVE9403 Run Time: 80 minutes In German with English subtitles
                        Cast: Beni Cardosi, Soledad Miranda

Synopsis:

The erotically charged follow up to the Jess Franco DVD smash hit, Vampyros Lesbos.The enchanting Soledad Miranda stars as a woman intent on avenging the death of her lover, a doctor who committed suicide after his experiments on human embryos were condemned by the medical establishment. With an insatiable lust for vengeance, she sets out to kill those responsible for his suicide.

Bonus Features:

German Trailer
                        Jess Killed in Ecstasy: Interview With Writer/Director Jess Franco
                        Sublime Soledad: Interview With Soledad Miranda Historian Amy Brown
                        Stephen Thrower on She Killed in Ecstasy: Interview With Author of Murderous Passions- The Delirious Cinema of Jess Franco
                        Paul Muller on Jess Franco: Interview With frequent Franco Star
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                          I found the extras to these new deluxe editions a bit anticlimactic. Both very good Franco movies obviously but other than the Stephen Thrower interviews I don't see much to make me buy these again. I figure Thrower's upcoming Franco book will cover what he talks about on these interviews. Maybe it could be that there are still so many other Francos that aren't out officially yet.
                          Buy them for the posters!
                          Seriously, if they new properly framed 1980p transfers don't make it worthwhile, the extras certainly wouldn't tip the scale. Don't forget new footage in the kill scenes of ECSTASY.
                          And 2 new interviews with Uncle Jess. And the Paul Muller interview. Thrower, the Soledad chick & Jess is Yoda? Bah!

Hmmm, now you got me thinking, why did I pre order this again?

Comment

Buy them for the posters!
                            Seriously, if they new properly framed 1980p transfers don't make it worthwhile, the extras certainly wouldn't tip the scale. Don't forget new footage in the kill scenes of ECSTASY.
                            And 2 new interviews with Uncle Jess. And the Paul Muller interview. Thrower, the Soledad chick & Jess is Yoda? Bah!
                            I don't need the other stuff but new footage in She Killed In Ecstasy? I realise it would already have been covered in this thread but we're up to 77 pages now so can someone recap for me? I was feeling satisfied with the incredibly dodgy Synapse release from many moon ago but I'll upgrade if there's new footage...
                            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Severin sez new never before seen footage in the kill scenes of ECSTASY, that's the extent of the detail I have read so far.
                              I have a hazy memory of seeing some stills of stuff I had not sen in previous versions, I seem to think it's was Jess's death scene.
                              It's not clear if all the kill sequences have more footage at this juncture. As gore is not something Franco ever did well it's not likely to be groundbreaking but nice to have.

Comment

• I wish the English dub was included on these, even it was only partial. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X