No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Jack the ripper 9.28 euros. That's pretty cheap for a blu ray. I hope Doriana or Marquis de sade or whatever its alternate title is the same.

Comment

Just checked Redemption's fbook. They claim to be taking down time after the August Franco releases. Which unfortunately in my eyes means that we aint getting the "14" this year then!

Comment

Looks like 2014 may be the next time we see any more Franco from Redemption or Severin.

Comment

Yes, and it will be 2014 before Mondo Macabro releases another Franco DVD, assuming they're still in business then.
          "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
          - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
            Yes, and it will be 2014 before Mondo Macabro releases another Franco DVD, assuming they're still in business then.
            It sucks balls. I was so prepared for a Franco marathon this year. 2014 seems a long way from here right now. I held off for so long. I may have to invest over the next few weeks in some Franco dvds, just to ease my pain. Even if it means double dipping next year if some amazing definitive edition comes out of the titles I desperately want. May have to get The Demons dvd, Erotic rites of Frankenstein Romay version dvd, and I desperately need to see les chat a la crazy nuns and perverse Emmanuelle.

Comment

I was the one who posted over on FB asking what Redemption is up to Post-August. I took there response on a paranoid level, and sort of have to wonder if the Redemption line has been selling well for Kino-Lorber?
              EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacDonald View Post
                I was the one who posted over on FB asking what Redemption is up to Post-August. I took there response on a paranoid level, and sort of have to wonder if the Redemption line has been selling well for Kino-Lorber?
                I agree with you. You would think they would be shouting from the rooftops about their proposed schedule. But I laugh at that as they haven't got a schedule. Which makes me think that they were too early to jump in and say they had 14 new franco titles "imminent" and that's what they said. I suspect that either something has gone wrong with the licensing or something equally peculiar. Didn't that happen with someone else this year too?. I remember reading about some announcement (maybe on this forum) and then how they lost the rights to a higher bidder, so had to retract the statement.

2014 seems a long time, considering they made the announcement in February I think. Its most frustrating as there are so many Franco titles I would love to see and yet they just don't appear. The same ones just keep appearing albeit on different formats with varying degrees of restoration. I'm even surprised at Severin saying they have no further plans this year for any more Franco. It appears to me that Hot Nights of Linda pre-orders have gone throught the roof. You would think they would capitalise on that. But then again they may be wary as their dvds released a few years ago didn't sell as well as anticipated. But with the Other side of the mirror being restored, then I would consider that to be on the top of most peoples Franco wish list and that could easily be released this year. The work has already been done.

Also as I stressed in an earlier post, previously unreleased Franco IS being released in Europe but which are not English friendly., and that's equally as frustrating for all who don't have a grasp of Spanish, german or French.

Edit: Oh I forgot now Italian too....the karzan dvd
                Lalala76
                Last edited by Lalala76; 07-14-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Marzio @ Ascot-elite just confirmed an extra 2 titles. Love letters of a Portuguese nun and Barbed wire Dolls on bd. No dates.

Also, Midnight party is more than likely the Dietrich edited theatrical version ie the shorter less explicit one. No Lina diddling at the camera if I remember and has different editing and her home scenes with husband missing. So the tonfilm edition in my eyes is still the way to go. Still if its an emaculate restoration Id still probably buy the bd and keep the dvd as well.

Comment

Lalala76: Seeing the Other side of the mirror is awaiting to be restored in another version as well, most companies might want to wait to release it with both versions on the same release? Just a thought.

I don't mind the releases coming out in non-english friendly versions, I rather have that than nothing. Of course I prefer to have subtitles or an english audiotrack, but that's not always possible (rights and licensing costs is a figure).
                    Collection: http://geten.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1

Comment

The business, or "business" is shrinking more and more each year. It's hard out there for a (boutique DVD label). We are lucky we get as many great, formerly obscure films as we do.

Comment

Seeing the Other side of the mirror is awaiting to be restored in another version as well, most companies might want to wait to release it with both versions on the same release?
                        Yeah I forgot about the other "special" versions.

Comment

I don't mind the releases coming out in non-english friendly versions, I rather have that than nothing. Of course I prefer to have subtitles or an english audiotrack, but that's not always possible (rights and licensing costs is a figure
                          I understand that too. However its more appealing to lean towards the black market/fan made copies that have English subs or dubbing. Which obviously is killing the industry even more.

Comment

Doriana Grey up for pre-order on Amazon.de if anyone is interested?

http://www.amazon.de/Die-Marquise-vo...-+BLU-RAY+DISC

Comment

Hopefully Kino slowing down is just a sign of pacing out the releases? Perhaps releasing too many at once is a mistake?

Comment

You're probably right, but they just have been really evasive and/or defensive when questions have been put to them. There must be a reason, because when they announced the 6 titles from 14 they were all giddy and expressed immediacy of release and the rest over the course of this year. Now we have 3 in August and not even a hint that any more will follow. They didn't even mention 2014 until they were pushed for an answer and then that was hazy at best.

I'm going to have to move on from this soon, the thread is supposed to be positive announcements of Jess Franco blu ray. It's turning into a complaints thread, exclusively complaints by me.
                                Lalala76
                                Last edited by Lalala76; 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X