X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    New US release. I wonder how this will compare to the Le Chat Qui Fume BD & Mondo Macabro DVD releases ???? The Mondo and Le Chat Qui Fume editions utilize a French print and the Italian hardcore negative in separate approximated reconstructions of Franco's intended version (the Mondo version runs longer at the end because it uses an additional take from a different angle of the final shot).

Hope they include the following extra from the French BD release with added subs as this is the ONLY extra that isn't English frendly on said French release.

"Franco the Possessed with Alain Petit" 2018 featurette (47:09)

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    Turns out the Vinegar Syndrome Franco Double Bill is region free despite the site & the packaging saying Region A.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Jess Franco’s Blue Rita (1977) [Special Edition Blu-ray + DVD]

Bonus Materials:

Rare photo gallery
    Original Eurocine Trailers
    Vintage Jess Franco Trailer Reel
    rare Interview (Chris Alexander 2013 Interview w/ Peter Stickland talking all about Franco)
    Special edition Bluray and Dvd wrap

Click image for larger version

Name:	365588899_766422615445652_820668163444698166_n.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	418230

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    From Twitter:

JULY PRE-ORDER ANNOUNCEMENT #1! On sale Thursday, July 27 at 9 AM Pacific/12 noon Eastern, only at http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com!

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    If you've not bought it yet this is on sale (for $14) at Vinegar Syndrome with 16 hours left till the offer changes:

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Here's the sell sheet for Girl From Rio.

Name:	356813098_6369298223136588_102730657770493358_n.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	416477

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by f.ramses View Post

For me it's hard to keep track of these WIP and Nazisploitation movies, often people talk about one and I picture another. Had to check the shelf to see if Jailhouse Wardess was the one I was thinking of and then just went to grab Frauengefangnis 3 only to find I don't have it and was picturing another movie...
    It's soooo confusing. When he made them he probably didn't realize anybody would put that much thought into them this long after the fact!

Leave a comment:

• f.ramses

• f.ramses
    replied
    Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

I believe Frauengefangnis 3 also used footage from BWD. Crazy how often this stuff was reused.
    For me it's hard to keep track of these WIP and Nazisploitation movies, often people talk about one and I picture another. Had to check the shelf to see if Jailhouse Wardess was the one I was thinking of and then just went to grab Frauengefangnis 3 only to find I don't have it and was picturing another movie...

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by f.ramses View Post
    I got Jailhouse Wardress in a cheap set years back and pretty much all I remember about it is that there was quite a bit of footage from Barbed Wire Dolls in it. Maybe I’ll give it another watch soon, doubt I’ll upgrade it though.
    I believe Frauengefangnis 3 also used footage from BWD. Crazy how often this stuff was reused.

Leave a comment:

• f.ramses

• f.ramses
    replied
    I got Jailhouse Wardress in a cheap set years back and pretty much all I remember about it is that there was quite a bit of footage from Barbed Wire Dolls in it. Maybe I’ll give it another watch soon, doubt I’ll upgrade it though.

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    The user reviews on the IMDb page are hysterical. If this one is correct and this is the same film as Women Behind Bars we should have a DVD copy around here somewhere.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    So the IMDB says that footage from Barbed Wire Dolls was edited into Jailhouse Wardress.

I'm honestly not 100% sure what we're getting here, ha.

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

This sounds like the exact description of Barbed Wire Dolls. I know that was in 1975 though. I know the stories were often and sometimes footage was reused but this is dead-on.
    There is a different movie synopsis for "Jailhouse Wardress" on the IMDb...

IMDb: : Les gardiennes du pénitencier
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214705/

Did the press release include the wrong movie description?

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Coming to Blu-ray 10/24 from MVD Classics

Jess Franco’s Jailhouse Wardress (1981)

One of the most notorious "women in prison" epics, this Jess Franco production stars Lina Romay (Female Vampire) as Maria da Guerra, who's sentenced to life after k*lling her father, who had attempted to ass*ult her. While behind bars, Maria encounters a sadistic female warden and hatches an escape plan involving the seduction of a male nurse. Monica Swinn (Barbed Wire Dolls) and Paul Müller (Eugenie de Sade) also star in this salacious tale.

Name:	356095858_742348811186366_7671230146805203033_n.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	416365
    This sounds like the exact description of Barbed Wire Dolls. I know that was in 1975 though. I know the stories were often and sometimes footage was reused but this is dead-on.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Coming to Blu-ray 10/24 from MVD Classics

Jess Franco’s Jailhouse Wardress (1981)

One of the most notorious "women in prison" epics, this Jess Franco production stars Lina Romay (Female Vampire) as Maria da Guerra, who's sentenced to life after k*lling her father, who had attempted to ass*ult her. While behind bars, Maria encounters a sadistic female warden and hatches an escape plan involving the seduction of a male nurse. Monica Swinn (Barbed Wire Dolls) and Paul Müller (Eugenie de Sade) also star in this salacious tale.

Name:	356095858_742348811186366_7671230146805203033_n.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	416365

Leave a comment:

Working...
X