No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption are too goth to come up with good cover artwork :)

Comment

• Yikes that is an awful cover at the end of that link. They seem to have gotten even worse.
      Thanks for the count correction Lala.....at least if I had to forget one title, my brain selected OASIS :)
      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• As cool as it is that Severin is gonna release this stuff, I can't imagine their packaging being anywhere near as cool as these German releases. I do like their cover art for Hot Nights of Linda though. I almost wanna get the German versions just for the covers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shinya View Post
          As cool as it is that Severin is gonna release this stuff, I can't imagine their packaging being anywhere near as cool as these German releases. I do like their cover art for Hot Nights of Linda though. I almost wanna get the German versions just for the covers.
          I know what you mean, they are very tempting, but I will probably get over the power of the packaging. Also I guess its something to look forward to having Severin release the English friendly blu-rays, considering neither of the Mediabooks are.

Comment

• To each their own. I bloody hate mediabooks/digipaks and the likes. Pumped for regular plastic cases.
            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Another image of the Illusions VL disc.... nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10376141_461410784001571_6528054973762065755_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	347127
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I have to resist these mediabooks. I keep telling myself. I MUST RESIST!!!!!! ;)

To be honest I have an inkling that Severin may include the Las Vampyras cut as well on theirs. They haven't said so but I know they said they have lots of extras, just have a gut feeling that they will.
                Lalala76
                Last edited by Lalala76; 10-16-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Some new limited edition hard box Blu-ray releases in stock at Diabolik.

MONDO EROTICO

Name:	efc870b911a9b5ecbb34add891217f7b.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	347153

WHITE SKIN BLACK THIGHS

Name:	4fa8e1a9120a46442eca17b95e74cc01.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	347154
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I have the standard blu's. If I had spare cash I would be all over these, they are really nice. Same goes for the Illusions VL discs. The White Skin Black Thighs hard box is gorgeous, I wish the Standard issue had had that cover.

Still waiting for an English friendly Obscene Mirror!! Fingers crossed and crossed again there.

Comment

• Was Just curious and asked X-rated if they had any more plans for Jess Franco on blu, but with English options (like what they did with exorcism). It looks like there is a definite possibility for 2015. Would be interesting to see what they would release.

Comment

• From Severin's FB page:

"Franco fans may be pleased to know that we shot in-depth interviews with Uncle Jess for both VAMPYROS LESBOS and SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY a couple of years back. These feisty new featurettes will be included on our upcoming Blu-ray releases."
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Great news, most of their Franco interview segments have been golden.
                          Wonderful they got some more chats in the cans for future releases.
                          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I wish Severin would give us some more Golden Film Production era Franco. It might not be everyone's taste but for me it's the last gasp of consistently good Franco.
                            "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• I think they probably would if they could, but I think a lot of the 80's era Franco are owned by one particular person who is hard to deal with, probably asking for way too much money for BD rights.

What does my head in is that there are unreleased Franco that we know have been secured, but for what seems like financial reasons destined to remain unreleased on blu-ray, or in the case of two (Crazy nuns and the naked version of rites of Frankenstein) destined not to get a release on any form of physical media.
                              Lalala76
                              Last edited by Lalala76; 11-06-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• There are also 70's gems such as Kiss me Killer, Tender and perverse emanuelle, Sexy erotic job, Juliette '69 , Dracula prisoner of Frankenstein, Les emmerdeuses and Les gloutonnes etc still crying out for a release
                                Lalala76
                                Last edited by Lalala76; 11-05-2014, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X