No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd guess not, but you never can tell :)
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Disc 4 (DVD)
      Demoniac - 1980 Canada version with 50% alternative scenes that were filmed partly in clothing, but in completely different settings
      Never heard of this version.

Comment

• Finally got around to White Skin On Black Thighs last night. This one was obviously made fast and cheap, seemingly on the back of another one - it shares quite a few cast members (and recycles music) from Girls In The Night Traffic (I think it was that one). Pretty goofy stuff but there are some really striking compositions at times. Not what I'd say is top tier Franco but cool to finally see it and the transfer is excellent.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Finally got around to White Skin On Black Thighs last night. This one was obviously made fast and cheap, seemingly on the back of another one - it shares quite a few cast members (and recycles music) from Girls In The Night Traffic (I think it was that one). Pretty goofy stuff but there are some really striking compositions at times. Not what I'd say is top tier Franco but cool to finally see it and the transfer is excellent.
          Yeah, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I feared. I didn't like Mondo erotico that came before it, so I was very wary about this one, but I quite enjoyed it. Out of the 3 (Girls in the night traffic, Mondo and White skin) I still have a preference for Girls in the Night Traffic.

Comment

• Just when you thought things couldn't get any more complicated. Xrated now have a cover C for Exorcism 4 disc. Limited 333

Click image for larger version

Name:	b_exorcisme_4discmb_c_gr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	346823

Comment

• I think I'm going to cry as this beauty isn't English friendly

Click image for larger version

Name:	10646893_10204714723772705_5244122261344214985_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	346856

From facebook

"On September 30, 2014, the class-X illusions is set in the fourth round. It seems Jess Francos she killed IN ecstasy (1971) with Soledad Miranda, Fred Williams, Howard Vernon, Paul Muller, Ewa Strí¶mberg and Horst Tappert. As always in the Mediabook, limited to 1000 copies, which includes 23 pages booklet.

More details of the label itself: "we present Jess Francos"She killed IN ecstasy"with Soledad Miranda in the main role as fourth title in our CLASS-X-ILLUSIONS collection range. For our release, we could make a HD scanning of the original negative and are pleased to present ourselves very "she killed IN ecstasy" world for the first time in HD.

In addition, our Blu-ray contains even a 3 minutes longer integral version of the film. The bloody in large part additional scenes were sampled from the negative in HD and restored. That includes still the world's longest version of the film. our Blu-ray in addition to the theatrical version"
              Lalala76
              Last edited by Lalala76; 08-27-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Fuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk.

Depending on how money is next month, I might get it anyway. An original scan from the negative... while domestically we have to make due with the DVD releases? No fair!

Maybe Redemption or Mondo Macabro or someone who cares about Franco's work could get in on this and license the transfer - unless Image still holds the rights?
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Depending on how money is next month, I might get it anyway
                  That's my train of thought right now.

Maybe Redemption or Mondo Macabro or someone who cares about Franco's work could get in on this and license the transfer - unless Image still holds the rights?
                  Severin still have to announce their upcoming Franco blu-rays. They hinted that they have 2 or 3. I don't think this will be one of them though as they said they had worldwide blu exclusives.

Comment

• That's one of my favourite Franco's.
                    https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Not to start any unfounded speculation of course but Severin just posted an image of what appears to be She Killed in Ecstacy on their facebook page.

Comment

• That still is definitely from She Killed In Ecstasy. Gotta be a good sign.
                        https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• On the El Franconomicon facebook page, there is currently a debate (as part of Field research on behalf of Mondomacabro) about what thoughts everyone has about releasing their Franco titles on blu, and what incentive there would be for people to upgrade (extras, different versions etc). May be worth popping over to share your views if you want this to happen.

Comment

• Looks like Severin ARE to release She killed in Ecstasy. Although not directly confirmed, when asked what titles were to be released they hinted about the photo that was posted on their facebook page on the 28th. That photo ladies and gentleman was indeed She killed in Ecstasy. Apparently the transfer is done and colour correction is in progress. Should be some interviews too. I think they have another title in the works too, but I'm not entirely sure what that may be just yet.

Comment

• If they licensed She Killed In Ecstasy, fingers crossed the 2nd title is Vampyros Lesbos.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                If they licensed She Killed In Ecstasy, fingers crossed the 2nd title is Vampyros Lesbos.
                                That would be my guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X