Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shinya View Post
    Man, I really hope that Rolls Royce blu is gonna be All Region, but being as how Frauleins in Uniform wasn't, I'm not counting on it.

I was about to place an order with DiabolikDVD for Mondo Erotico, when I noticed the description has no information on the disc like they usually do. I know it's All Region, but does it have an English soundtrack and/or English subtitles?
    MondoErotico has subs. Also are you sure that Frauleins wasn't all region? I think you are mistaken on that.

Comment

• Cool, thanks for the info on the subs. I'll have to place my order sometime soon.

Yeah, I tried playing the Frauleins disc on my North American PS3 (my one and only blu-ray player) and I got the message about it not being coded for my region, or something like that. Was disappointed considering Mad Foxes was All Region and played fine on my PS3. DiabolikDVD has it listed as Region B, but I thought I'd take the chance. It didn't pay off.

Just seen that Rolls Royce Baby doesn't seem to include an English audio track or English subtitles.

http://www.ascot-elite.de/movies/index.php?movie_id=370
      Shinya
      Last edited by Shinya; 05-09-2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info on the subs. I'll have to place my order sometime soon.

Yeah, I tried playing the Frauleins disc on my North American PS3 (my one and only blu-ray player) and I got the message about it not being coded for my region, or something like that. Was disappointed considering Mad Foxes was All Region and played fine on my PS3. DiabolikDVD has it listed as Region B, but I thought I'd take the chance. It didn't pay off.

Just seen that Rolls Royce Baby doesn't seem to include an English audio track or English subtitles.

http://www.ascot-elite.de/movies/index.php?movie_id=370
        I have been reassured that Rolls Royce baby is English friendly so don't worry. Which edition of Frauleins did you buy? The mediabook or the Ascot released blu-ray?

Comment

• You can get Franco's Celestine on Blu-ray (unofficial clone of the Tonfilm release with added subs) from ZDD Visual Media. It's listed in the extras section (there's also a dubbed ONLY dvd as well) & if there's a problem with accessing the extras section then fill out the contact us thing, it's acctually 1 guy who runs it. You have to register. The guy is called Cris. It'll have to do untill someone releases an official English friendly DVD/Blu-ray.

Mondo Macabro are reconcidering releasing an English friendly version, I hope they release it on Blu-ray (Mondo Macabro were going to release 5 Robbie-Grillet films on BD in the US until Redemption nicked the rights).
          fatboyslim142
          Last edited by fatboyslim142; 05-09-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
            You can get Franco's Celestine on Blu-ray (unofficial clone of the Tonfilm release with added subs) from ZDD Visual Media. It's listed in the extras section (there's also a dubbed ONLY dvd as well) & if there's a problem with accessing the extras section then fill out the contact us thing, it's acctually 1 guy who runs it. You have to register. The guy is called Cris. It'll have to do untill someone releases an official English friendly DVD/Blu-ray.

Mondo Macabro are reconcidering releasing an English friendly version, I hope they release it on Blu-ray (Mondo Macabro were going to release 5 Robbie-Grillet films on BD in the US until Redemption nicked the rights).
            Haha that's Funny. Sorry to laugh, but I guess you havent realised. Its me that told you. I assume you haven't put two and two together there, but I'm omnipresent when it comes to Franco. I'm everywhere. Ive been having the same conversations with you here and the Franco facebook groups as well as pm.

And yes I was trying to persuade MondoMacabro. They are looking into Shining sex too, but are struggling to find the accepted 100 minute print.
            Lalala76
            Last edited by Lalala76; 05-09-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
              Haha that's Funny. Sorry to laugh, but I guess you havent realised. Its me that told you. I assume you haven't put two and two together there, but I'm omnipresent when it comes to Franco. I'm everywhere. Ive been having the same conversations with you here and the Franco facebook groups as well as pm.

And yes I was trying to persuade MondoMacabro. They are looking into Shining sex too, but are struggling to find the accepted 100 minute print.
              I hope that every Franco film get's released on Blu-ray.

When's Midnight Party going to be released?

Also ho long does it take for DTM orders to arrive after they've been dispatched as I'm waiting for my Franco order (they dispatched the order on Tuesday/Wednesday & I can't remember which day it was)? I hope the order turns up tomorrow as I'm really looking forward to watching the 2 films this weekend.

Comment

• When's Midnight Party going to be released?
                Midnight party was released on dvd in its most complete form by Edition-tonfilm in full English dub, complete with the shorter German release without subs. Its probably the best you will see, unless someone picks this up for blu. Ascot-elite originally had the shorter Dietrich cut scheduled for blu-ray release as part of their Goya range, but the elements were in poor condition, so they scrapped it. Which is a real shame. However, I would highly recommend the dvd. its pricey but along with Celestine and Downtown is my favourite Franco comedy.

Comment

• Thanks for the info on the Easter egg surprise on the bluray of girls in night traffic, I had no idea it was even there. I do prefer the bluray clarity, but seeing this uncut was a gem also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                    Which edition of Frauleins did you buy? The mediabook or the Ascot released blu-ray?
                    I got the mediabook. This exact one.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...Region-B).html

The other one is also listed as Region B though.

Comment

I got the mediabook. This exact one.

The other one is also listed as Region B though.

What's the difference between the releases?

Comment

What's the difference between the releases?
                        The packaging.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Anyone know how long a DTM order should take to arrive in the UK after they've dispatched it, as I've not recieved it & my oder says it's been delivered?

Comment

• They're very fast, once they've shipped the stuff. I live in Sweden and it gets here in like 4 days tops.
                            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                              They're very fast, once they've shipped the stuff. I live in Sweden and it gets here in like 4 days tops.
                              I think they dispatched the order on Wednesday so I'm hopping it'll turn up on Monday. I just hope Customs haven't got hold of it.

Comment

I think they dispatched the order on Wednesday so I'm hopping it'll turn up on Monday. I just hope Customs haven't got hold of it.
                                Very unlikely, as its shipped within the EU and you live in London, don't you? There should be a tracking number with it. I usually receive my order in about 3-4 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X