Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Great news, unfortunate that the brutal nights of linda French version is of such poor quality still. Whats even more shitty news is that Severin don't ship internationally!!!
    Diabolik has confirmed they will have a pre-order for this coming up soon.

Comment

Lalala76: Severin ships internationally (International Shipping $14.00 first item, $6.00 each additional). I just preordered it myself.
      Collection: http://geten.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1

Comment

It does state that they don't ship internationally in the fAQs, but it still accepted my pre-order. Fingers crossed on that one.

Comment

Just contacted ascot-elite to confirm if there had been any updates to the release schedule and also was just curious as to whether Rolls Royce baby was in their heads.

This is the response

The schedule is still up to date.

So far no plans for ROLLS ROYCE BABY. I guess it is only a matter of time. Sooner or later we will release this one too.

Best,
          Marzio

Comment

Pre-orders for HNOL 3 disc up now at Diabolique!!!

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...-~-3-Disc-DVD-[sl]-Blu~Ray-Combo-NTSC-All-Region).html
            Lalala76
            Last edited by Lalala76; 06-27-2013, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Duly noted and immediately pre-ordered!
              https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

I haven't noticed a buzz about this 3 disc release yet on here. Maybe Franco burn out after all the speculation and Franco banter a few weeks ago.

Comment

The buzz is a-buzzin, I assure you.
                  I'm buying mine from Severin. They could have waited until after the World 3-D Expo in September to announce this.
                  "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                  - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
                    The buzz is a-buzzin, I assure you.
                    I'm buying mine from Severin. They could have waited until after the World 3-D Expo in September to announce this.
                    Yeah Ive pre-ordered from them. The only concerns I have are that the bonus disc is just a loose disc that is not part of the set, rendering the ltd edition status insignificant. You see I have a version of BNOL, which is of very poor quality, but it has an English dub. So you see, I know the disc is apparently poor quality but Im hoping its not just a dvd-r they have included separate. Im hoping that this "anologue" version that they managed to source is an improvement over the version I have. And its reeled me in, as I would have regretted not going for it, and waiting for the 2 disc version to show up on Amazon uk. Its still exciting to have the main film itself in HD and BD.

Comment

I asked Ascot to include optional English subtitles on the native language tracks of the forthcoming Franco blus. Just received this reply from Marzio Frei, Director Acquisitions at Elite Film AG:

Dear Richard

Many thanks for your kind email.

Please be assured, that we will use all available language tracks on our forthcoming HD releases. Most of the films do have English tracks. Should we not have English tracks, we will use English subs as a substitute.

The release schedule looks as following:

September 24th, 2013
                      JACK THE RIPPER
                      DORIANA GRAY

October 22nd, 2013
                      WOMEN FOR CELLBLOCK 9
                      ILSA - THE WICKED WARDEN

November 19th, 2013
                      VOODOO PASSION
                      DOWNTOWN

December 3th, 2013
                      WICKED WOMEN
                      SLAVES

Many more titles to come...

Best regards,

Marzio Frei

Comment

Yes, that's what Marzio said to me a while back, so I didn't push it. I thought I had commented on that earlier in the posts, maybe I didn't. The only difference is Midnight party and that the other is it or is it not Franco title was confirmed for 2014, but essentially the message is the same.

Comment

He sent me the same message he sent you, Lalala76, except I didn't ask for a release schedule. I asked him to include optional English subtitles on the Spanish / French / Italian / German language tracks on the forthcoming Franco blu's. He responds with the assurance that an English dub will be included, but I don't think he got my request for optional English subs on the native language track. Still, it's nice he confirmed what he had told you earlier. Now how do I get him to include optional English subs on the foreign language track whether there's an English dub or not?

Comment

From ascot elites website

http://www.ascot-elite.de/movies/ind...?movie_id=1578

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_dvd_big.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	343529

English dub, but no subtitles
                            Lalala76
                            Last edited by Lalala76; 07-04-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Doriana grey

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_dvd_big.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	343537

http://www.ascot-elite.de/movies/ind...?movie_id=1570

No English, no subs????
                              Lalala76
                              Last edited by Lalala76; 07-07-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Ok I'm concerned about this, so have emailed Marzio to comfirm the language options on Doriana. If this bd doesn't have at least one English option (dub or subs) I'm concerned now for the other releases.

Comment

Working...
                                X