• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Scott
    Intellectual Carrot

• Scott
    replied
    That clip is great, it looks like a lot of fun!

Leave a comment:

• SuperDevilDoctor

• SuperDevilDoctor
    replied
    A Franco I've never seen... Will have to remedy that.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperDevilDoctor View Post

That's the scene I was referring to, but it's not the "Spy Chase" theme that plays over it in the film. I looked for it myself to post and only found that clip. You can find audio clips of the tune but not the scene as it is in the film. Oh well, at least you can see Beba in all her glory. This is probably my favorite Franco film.

Leave a comment:

• BW Haggar

• BW Haggar
    replied
    Thus far, I've only managed to see 'Lucky' via a terrible, pixelated bootleg. Viewed in that condition, it seemed like a total mess, but I recall the masque ball sequence was very impressive (Franco getting his Welles/von Sternberg on, I suppose), and that clip definitely makes me want to check it out again in more watchable form. Fingers crossed an easy way to do so with subtitles emerges sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperDevilDoctor View Post
    I never bothered with Franco's comedies- well I bothered with a couple and then figured I wouldn't bother with anymore- so I've never seen Lucky. That's a hugely competent scene for Franco though. Some of his best work.

Leave a comment:

• SuperDevilDoctor

• SuperDevilDoctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    You forgot Beba Loncar! Her scenes are the high point of the film, holy cow she looks incredibly sexy, and the bit where Ray Danton and pal chase her around the rooftops accompanied by Bruno Nicolai's "Spy Chase" theme is a full-on slice of Euro-cult nirvana. I can watch that scene anytime and feel better.

Leave a comment:

• mjeon

• mjeon
    replied
    "You forgot Beba Loncar! ... holy cow she looks incredibly sexy" I honestly had never heard of her before and in reading the credits did not realize Beba Loncar was a woman. I have watched "Some Girls Do" so I must have seen her. I have the German DVD too, so I'll check her out this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by mjeon View Post
    Artus Films in France is issuing Lucky, the Inscrutable (as Opération Re Mida) on DVD. No English at all. Apparently the earlier German release (Lucky M. fí¼llt alle Sí¤rge) has an English soundtrack. The cast includes Rosalba Neri, Teresa Gimpera and Patty Shephard
    You forgot Beba Loncar! Her scenes are the high point of the film, holy cow she looks incredibly sexy, and the bit where Ray Danton and pal chase her around the rooftops accompanied by Bruno Nicolai's "Spy Chase" theme is a full-on slice of Euro-cult nirvana. I can watch that scene anytime and feel better. I have the earlier German DVD and it does have an English option. Wish this film would get a BD release.

Leave a comment:

• mjeon

• mjeon
    replied
    Artus Films in France is issuing Lucky, the Inscrutable (as Opération Re Mida) on DVD. No English at all. Apparently the earlier German release (Lucky M. fí¼llt alle Sí¤rge) has an English soundtrack. The cast includes Rosalba Neri, Teresa Gimpera and Patty Shephard.

https://www.artusfilms.com/euro-spy/...on-re-mida-325

Leave a comment:

• Nabonga

• Nabonga
    replied
    Oh, please be Succubus or Venus In Furs!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    They didn't mention the title yet on on the MM FB group Jared did note that they have "a long awaited Jess Franco classic" in the works for 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Looks like the Full Moon release of Night Of The Eagles is coming in March.

"From the studio that brought you ZOMBIE LAKE and PANTHER SQUAD and the director of FEMALE VAMPIRE and BARBED WIRE DOLLS, comes Jess Franco's NIGHT OF THE EAGLES, a stark WWII drama starring iconic genre actors Christopher Lee (HORROR OF DRACULA, THE BLOODY JUDGE) and Mark Hamill (STAR WARS). Lee plays Strauss, a wealthy German businessman whose comely, loving daughter Lillian (Alexandra Ehrlich) is torn between two lovers, Peter (Hamill) and Karl (Ramon Estevez, brother of Charlie Sheen). Unable to choose between her paramours, Lillian's life changes forever when her beaus are shipped off to fight on the frontlines and she is forced to take a job as dancehall singer in a sordid niteclub. With her country and its people torn to pieces by the ravages of war and her once prosperous father relegated to poverty and despair, Lillian must make unthinkable choices in the name of survival. A sober, sophisticated and far less exploitative latter-day offering from Franco, NIGHT OF THE EAGLES (also released as FALL OF THE EAGLES and WAR SONG) is one of Eurocine's most ambitious pictures, made shortly after the studio's perverse 1988 Franco masterpiece FACELESS, and boasts handsome production design, authentic costumes, bloody battles and a magnetic supporting performance by Lee as a man who helplessly watches as his dreams unravel. Full Moon is proud to present this underrated, unique Franco film on Blu-ray for the first time in America, totally uncut and remastered from the original 35mm camera negative."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2020-11-17-at-7.46.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	359085

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul L View Post
    Been toying with pitching an article about witchhunting films to a few places lately. It might fly.
    Dun this fing: http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...evils-and-more

Gave me the chance to write something about THE BLOODY JUDGE and LES DEMONS, which I've been itching to do for possibly the best part of the last 15 years. LES DEMONS keeps going up in my estimation. Whilst I still like it, THE BLOODY JUDGE seems a bit turgid in comparison - neither fish nor fowl, though with some wonderful elements that work in isolation but never quite mesh (eg, Lee's performance, Nicolai's score, the vivid torture scenes).

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Indicator Fu Manchu Cycle pushed back to 11/2.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Fu Manchu set looks like a good one.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film9/blu-r...le_blu-ray.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X