No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought those Redemption Franco blu-rays were region A?
    All the current Redemption Franco releases are region free (including VOTLD, ORLOFF and NCAT). However there are problems listing them outside of USA I think. The next phase of Franco titles may (and I highlight MAY) become region locked. That information was from Nigel Wingrove and Redemption themselves.

Comment

• Good news! Those problems of listing them outside of the US are probably the reason why even the Redemption site says they're Region A.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillemClaeys View Post
        Good news! Those problems of listing them outside of the US are probably the reason why even the Redemption site says they're Region A.
        It must be a contractual thing that they state they are locked to A. That's why its like trying to get blood from a stone when trying to get answers from them regarding region coding. It makes me wonder if they are contractually obliged to say that Future Francos will be locked. Maybe they actually wont be.

With regards to why they cant list them, its weird. I mean they could always list them as region A, but no, cant list them at all at moment. Maybe its due to the content. I could understand Maybe problems with Severins Hot Nights of Linda and their hot banana version as this contains h/c shots but not VOTLD, NCAT and Orloff. I know in the Uk, there is a huge problem with sexual violence. So maybe certain scenes cross over into that territory. Howver I cant vouch for the lack of listing them in other countries.
        Lalala76
        Last edited by Lalala76; 08-20-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Women from cellblock 9 bd

http://www.ascot-elite.de/movies/ind...?movie_id=1630

Ilsa

http://www.ascot-elite.de/movies/ind...?movie_id=1632

NOTE Ilsa appears to have English subs.
          Lalala76
          Last edited by Lalala76; 08-26-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• I should get the Arrow blu-ray of THE AWFUL DR. ORLOF, right? because it doesn't grey the whites as badly as the Kino / Redemption, right?
            "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
            - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
              I should get the Arrow blu-ray of THE AWFUL DR. ORLOF, right? because it doesn't grey the whites as badly as the Kino / Redemption, right?
              There isn't a release by Arrow. If there was I would be straight in there. Its edition tonfilm and that's a dvd.

Comment

• Ilsa "THE MAD BUTCHER" bd and Women for cellblock 9 bd are now up for pre-order Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Ilsa-Butcher-Go...&keywords=ilsa

http://www.amazon.de/Frauen-f%C3%BCr...ess+franco+blu

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	344045Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_dvd_big.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	344046
                Lalala76
                Last edited by Lalala76; 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Gotta love those covers.
                  https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                    Ilsa "THE MAD BUTCHER" bd and Women for cellblock 9 bd are now up for pre-order Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Ilsa-Butcher-Go...&keywords=ilsa

http://www.amazon.de/Frauen-f%C3%BCr...ess+franco+blu
                    Will the releases from these Amazon listings, plus Jack the Ripper, be fully uncut?
                    I'm always "scared" about buying German releases from Amazon.de, because I fear they may be cut (German labels often make cut and uncut releases, and it's not always easy to distinguish between both), but in this case they are listed at pretty good prices (especially Jack the Ripper), so I'm tempted...
                    FunktionJCB
                    Last edited by FunktionJCB; 09-01-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FunktionJCB View Post
                      Will the releases from these Amazon listings, plus Jack the Ripper, be fully uncut?
                      I'm always "scared" about buying German releases from Amazon.de, because I fear they may be cut (German labels often make cut and uncut releases, and it's not always easy to distinguish between both), but in this case they are listed at pretty good prices (especially Jack the Ripper), so I'm tempted...
                      I was in direct contact with Marzio, director of acquisitions at ascot-elite via email. He did confirm that they are the uncut versions of the fim. The only one they haven't been able to list is Doriana Gray (features both uncut and cut) which failed to get past the censors in Germany, but it looks like it may be available in Austria come release date. The downside to these editions, like the previous uncut dvds is that they don't appear to have English subs, just dubbing (which may be the despised newly recorded dubs that were done for the dvds).

I hope that helps you.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to pick them up from Amazon then.
                        While I would love to have English subtitles instead of dubs, having them on HD is worth a purchase in my book, especially with Jack the Ripper being listed for less than 9 euros. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by FunktionJCB View Post
                          Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to pick them up from Amazon then.
                          While I would love to have English subtitles instead of dubs, having them on HD is worth a purchase in my book, especially with Jack the Ripper being listed for less than 9 euros. :)
                          Yeah, I will buying them. Should be great transfers considering ascot-elites previous history.

Comment

• Does anyone actually know when HNOL is actually being released. Severin have two separate dates listed. The 2 disc is early September, the 3 disc now late September (they seem to have changed the dates). Also Amazon says October.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                              Does anyone actually know when HNOL is actually being released. Severin have two separate dates listed. The 2 disc is early September, the 3 disc now late September (they seem to have changed the dates). Also Amazon says October.
                              I guess this is an answer

Severin Films

HOUSE ON STRAW HILL and HOT NIGHTS OF LINDA are finally in replication. More details in the next day or so but official release date is October 8th though Severin webstore orders and e-tailers like Diabolik DVD will ship as soon as stock arrives

Comment

• Voodoo passion

Click image for larger version

Name:	voodoo.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	344209

Comment

Working...
                                X