• agent999
    replied
    It's also pretty dull.

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    "Coming to Blu-ray 8/10 from Full Moon Features.

Jess Franco/Andrea Bianchi's “Angel of Death” AKA “Commando Mengele” (1987)

Uncut master culled from the original 35mm camera negative.

From the fevered mind of the notorious Jess Franco (BARBED WIRE DOLLS) comes 1987's ANGEL OF DEATH (aka COMMANDO MENGELE), a deranged free-fall into "Nazisploitaion" that takes its cues from the blockbuster 1978 shocker THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL and delivers the sort of delirium that fans of French genre film studio Eurocine hunger for! When an attractive pair of young Nazi hunters exploring Uruguay accidentally stumble upon the lair of the maniacal war criminal Dr. Josef Mengele, they immediately live to regret it. There, deep in the sweltering jungles, Mengele has continued his hideous human experiments, torturing, murdering and mutilating nubile virgins in the name of creating some sort of master race. Soon, mercenaries, monstrosities, femme fatales and vengeful concentration camp survivors face off, with bullets and bodies flying everywhere and Mengele holding cretinous court. Written by (under the name D. Khunn) and co-directed by Franco and completed by Italian trash movie maverick Andrea Bianchi (BURIAL GROUND: NIGHTS OF TERROR), the pair signed off on the film as "Frank Drew White", apparently too nervous to take credit for making this truly daft piece of unsavory exploitation. ANGEL OF DEATH is a fast-paced slice of vintage Eurocine mayhem, with an international cast that includes Franco regulars Jack Taylor, Antonio Mayans and Howard Vernon (as Mengele) along with Robert Mitchum's son Christopher and Shirley Knight from Franco's equally insane WHITE CANNIBAL QUEEN. Jump into the jungle with Jess and get ready for some prime cinematic insanity! Get ready for ANGEL OF DEATH, presented here in a beautiful, uncut master culled from the original 35mm camera negative."

https://mvdb2b.com/s/JessFrancosAngelOfDeath/WE03478

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26756[/ATTACH]
    Stephen Thrower says this is:

Not a Franco film.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    "Coming to Blu-ray 8/10 from Full Moon Features.

Jess Franco/Andrea Bianchi's “Angel of Death” AKA “Commando Mengele” (1987)

Uncut master culled from the original 35mm camera negative.

From the fevered mind of the notorious Jess Franco (BARBED WIRE DOLLS) comes 1987's ANGEL OF DEATH (aka COMMANDO MENGELE), a deranged free-fall into "Nazisploitaion" that takes its cues from the blockbuster 1978 shocker THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL and delivers the sort of delirium that fans of French genre film studio Eurocine hunger for! When an attractive pair of young Nazi hunters exploring Uruguay accidentally stumble upon the lair of the maniacal war criminal Dr. Josef Mengele, they immediately live to regret it. There, deep in the sweltering jungles, Mengele has continued his hideous human experiments, torturing, murdering and mutilating nubile virgins in the name of creating some sort of master race. Soon, mercenaries, monstrosities, femme fatales and vengeful concentration camp survivors face off, with bullets and bodies flying everywhere and Mengele holding cretinous court. Written by (under the name D. Khunn) and co-directed by Franco and completed by Italian trash movie maverick Andrea Bianchi (BURIAL GROUND: NIGHTS OF TERROR), the pair signed off on the film as "Frank Drew White", apparently too nervous to take credit for making this truly daft piece of unsavory exploitation. ANGEL OF DEATH is a fast-paced slice of vintage Eurocine mayhem, with an international cast that includes Franco regulars Jack Taylor, Antonio Mayans and Howard Vernon (as Mengele) along with Robert Mitchum's son Christopher and Shirley Knight from Franco's equally insane WHITE CANNIBAL QUEEN. Jump into the jungle with Jess and get ready for some prime cinematic insanity! Get ready for ANGEL OF DEATH, presented here in a beautiful, uncut master culled from the original 35mm camera negative."

https://mvdb2b.com/s/JessFrancosAngelOfDeath/WE03478

Click image for larger version

Name:	171802163_1400541093622439_5594717097739322738_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	359725

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    I guess that a 2nd volume of Daniel J White musuic will be included in one of these upcoming Franco titles?
    Not sure but they did mention that they would each have an installment of Thrower's 'In The Land Of Franco' documentaries.

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    It was mentioned on the episode of the Severin Films podcast that was released today that they have 2 more Franco Blu-ray's 'coming soon.'
    I guess that a 2nd volume of Daniel J White musuic will be included in one of these upcoming Franco titles?

Leave a comment:

• Lalala76

• Lalala76
    replied
    It was mentioned on the episode of the Severin Films podcast that was released today that they have 2 more Franco Blu-ray's 'coming soon.'
    I just hope Severin don't choose to release those during a sale. Trying to buy Bahia Blanca and the limited Shining sex at a ridiculous time in the Uk almost sent me six foot under.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    Intellectual Carrot

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    While searching (without success) for the clip as it plays in the film, I just discovered I am quoted in a book on it!!! Haha. I used to post at Latarnia Forums as johnny poveratti (SCTV inside joke). Amazing! I'm still saying the same thing about the film all these years later.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5-...0chase&f=false
    Ha! That's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    While searching (without success) for the clip as it plays in the film, I just discovered I am quoted in a book on it!!! Haha. I used to post at Latarnia Forums as johnny poveratti (SCTV inside joke). Amazing! I'm still saying the same thing about the film all these years later.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5-...0chase&f=false

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    Intellectual Carrot

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
    it's cheap on german amazon right now: https://www.amazon.de/Spannender-Kri...1326625&sr=8-5

I enjoyed it and I don't like eurospy! it's better than kiss me monster and two undercover angels for sure. I think rosalba wears a russian(?) uniform in this and there is a hilarious twist where one of the main girls turns out to be a transvestite IIRC.
    Dabnabbit, won't ship to US. :(

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by mjeon View Post
    The film is a hoot! The picture quality on the German disc is fine, although the English track is somewhat muffled. You'll never get the Lucky theme out of your head.
    Glad you like it! The whole score is terrific. I have it on a cd that also has KISS KISS BANG BANG and UPPERSEVEN L'UOMO DA UCCIDERE.

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    Originally posted by mjeon View Post
    Artus Films in France is issuing Lucky, the Inscrutable (as Opération Re Mida) on DVD. No English at all. Apparently the earlier German release (Lucky M. fí¼llt alle Sí¤rge) has an English soundtrack. The cast includes Rosalba Neri, Teresa Gimpera and Patty Shephard.

https://www.artusfilms.com/euro-spy/...on-re-mida-325
    The German release is the SHORTER (by 10 mins) German version though.

Leave a comment:

• mjeon

• mjeon
    replied
    The film is a hoot! The picture quality on the German disc is fine, although the English track is somewhat muffled. You'll never get the Lucky theme out of your head.

Leave a comment:

• killer must kill again

• killer must kill again
    replied
    it's cheap on german amazon right now: https://www.amazon.de/Spannender-Kri...1326625&sr=8-5

I enjoyed it and I don't like eurospy! it's better than kiss me monster and two undercover angels for sure. I think rosalba wears a russian(?) uniform in this and there is a hilarious twist where one of the main girls turns out to be a transvestite IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Lalala76

• Lalala76
    replied
    Pidax have started to re-issue some of their titles on blu-ray. I don't own this, nor have ever seen it, but got to admit that clip draws me in. I may hang on a little to see if it hits blu.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X