No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My german blu-ray of Two Undercover Angels arrived today.

The parcel looked busted and sho nuff, the case inside was cracked and broken (Fuck you amazon/the european postal system!). No biggie I thought.
    I've got some spare cases laying around. Literally none of the spares I tested would fit the insert properly (grrr!) so I decided to do a little DIY slight
    cutting of the insert to make it fit. My eyes suck though so now it looks wonky. It fits but looks ridiculous, lol. I hate life sometimes. :-)

My OCD is now going haywire over this literally irrelevant thing, so I'mma try to fix it some other day if I can.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Full Moon have Fall of the Eagles (renamed Night of the Eagles) coming to blu-ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
        Full Moon have Fall of the Eagles (renamed Night of the Eagles) coming to blu-ray

Is there a specific release date?
        Dark Horse 77
        Last edited by Dark Horse 77; 07-22-2020, 07:00 AM.
        "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
          Is there a specific release date?
          Not seen one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
            Not seen one.
            Yeah I can't find one either. I'm looking forward to it, though, as I've never caught this nearly final pre-video Franco.
            "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
            -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• This should be the definitive versions of the 2 Franco titles as ALL 5 films have 4K transfers.

Includes an exclusive poster only available with direct orders from this [Indicator's] website (poster features the famous FU MANCHU FOR MAYOR design, originally printed to coincide with the 1965 mayoral elections in New York, see image on this page).

THE FACE OF FU MANCHU (Don Sharp, 1965)
              THE BRIDES OF FU MANCHU (Don Sharp, 1966)
              THE VENGEANCE OF FU MANCHU (Jeremy Summers, 1967)
              THE BLOOD OF FU MANCHU (Jesíºs Franco, 1968)
              THE CASTLE OF FU MANCHU (Jesíºs Franco, 1969)

Release date: 19 October 2020
              Limited Blu-ray Edition (2 x UK & 3 x World Blu-ray premieres)

In 1965, maverick British producer and writer Harry Alan Towers (The Bloody Judge) scored a hit with The Face of Fu Manchu, a thrilling revival of Sax Rohmer's super-villain imperiously portrayed by Christopher Lee (The Terror of the Tongs). Over the next four years, Lee and Towers would collaborate with directors Don Sharp (Psychomania), Jeremy Summers and Jesíºs Franco (Venus in Furs) on four ever more delirious tales of attempted world domination (The Brides of Fu Manchu, The Vengeance of Fu Manchu, The Blood of Fu Manchu, The Castle of Fu Manchu), each pitting the criminal mastermind against his arch-nemesis Nayland Smith, as played variously by Nigel Green (Play Dirty), Douglas Wilmer (Sherlock Holmes) and Richard Greene (The Adventures of Robin Hood).

Now, all five classic Fu Manchu films are presented on Blu-ray for the first time, newly restored from original negatives and containing a wealth of new and archival extras, including critical appreciations, cast and crew interviews and audio commentaries. This stunning Limited Edition box set is strictly limited to 6,000 units, and is presented with an exclusive, fully illustrated 120-page book, featuring new writing by Tim Lucas.

INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:

THE FACE OF FU MANCHU

New restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative
              Original mono audio
              Audio commentary with critics Kim Newman and Stephen Jones (2020)
              The BEHP Interview with Don Sharp - Part One (1993): archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring Sharp in conversation with Teddy Darvas and Alan Lawson
              Super 8 version: cut-down home cinema presentation
              Original theatrical trailer
              Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
              New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
              World premiere on Blu-ray
              More extras to be announced
              All extras subject to change

THE BRIDES OF FU MANCHU

Original mono audio
              Audio commentary with film historians Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons (2020)
              Kim Newman on Sax Rohmer and the Fu Manchu novels
              The BEHP Interview with Don Sharp - Part Two (1993): archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring Sharp in conversation with Teddy Darvas and Alan Lawson
              The BEHP Interview with Ernest Steward (1990): archival audio recording of an interview with the respected cinematographer, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project

THE VENGEANCE OF FU MANCHU

Original mono audio
              The BEHP Interview with Jeremy Summers (2001): archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring Summers in conversation with Darrol Blake
              Archival interview with Harry Alan Towers
              New interview with first assistant director Anthony Waye (2020)
              The Ghost of Monk's Island (1966): Jeremy Summers directs this exciting mystery made for the Children's Film Foundation

THE BLOOD OF FU MANCHU

Original mono audio
              Audio commentary with critics David Flint and Adrian Smith (2020)
              Visions of the Yellow Peril (2020): Christopher Frayling on ethnocentrism in the Fu Manchu cycle
              New interview with clapper loader Ray Andrew (2020)
              New interview with Stephen Thrower on Fu Manchu and Jesíºs Franco's collaborations with Harry Alan Towers (2020)
              The Mystery of Dr. Fu-Manchu: The Fiery Hand (1923): a chilling episode of the original silent serial, starring Harry Agar Lyons as the evil mastermind
              UK premiere on Blu-ray

THE CASTLE OF FU MANCHU

Original mono audio
              New interview with star Rosalba Neri (2020)
              The Further Mysteries of Dr. Fu-Manchu: The Coughing Horror (1924): Fu Manchu torments Nayland Smith with a terrifying creature in this silent serial sequel
              UK premiere on Blu-ray

Limited edition exclusive 120-page book with a new essay on the Fu Manchu cycle by Tim Lucas, a look at the career of producer/screenwriter Harry Alan Towers, an examination of the work of Fu Manchu creator Sax Rohmer, new writing on The Ghost of Monk's Island and the Stoll Pictures' Fu Manchu silent serials, archival newspaper articles on the films, extracts from the films' pressbooks, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
              Limited edition exclusive double-sided poster and five replica production stills
              UK and World premieres on Blu-ray
              Limited edition box set of 6,000 numbered units

#PHILTD201
              BBFC cert: 15
              REGION B
              EAN: 5060697920666
              fatboyslim142
              Last edited by fatboyslim142; 07-23-2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Coming soon to Blu-ray from Full Moon

Jess Franco's “Fall of The Eagles” (1988)

On Blu-ray for the first time in America, totally uncut and remastered from the original 35mm camera negative.

I wonder if this will be in the ORIGINAL French or ONLY dubbed English 🤔

Comment

• That Fu Manchu set looks great, wish I liked the films more.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I wonder if this will be in the ORIGINAL French or ONLY dubbed English
                    It's a Eurocine production so French produced, but language was predominantly English

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      That Fu Manchu set looks great, wish I liked the films more.
                      Yeah the films aren't great but I'm buying it all the same.

Comment

• Love a good indicator box set. Lots of good looking extras, not bad for £50. Sold.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Yeah, that's not a bad price.... I've promised I won't waste any more money this month, but - tempted.

As I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, I seem to be one of the few who actually quite likes these Fu Manchu movies... well, I mean, the first two Don Sharp ones are thoroughly enjoyable/weird eurospy type hokum, and the first Franco one is a wild, oddball entry in his '60s filmography, at any rate.
                          https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                          http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• From the last part of Mondo Macabro's recent newsletter of which I've made the important exciting bit in bold:

2021 AND BEYOND
                            Those three Halloween treats will be our last for the year, more than likely. But we'll be back in January for two or three more! We've got a wild line up of films that we are currently working on for next year, and possibly even beyond that! What sort of garish filmic treasures do we have in store? There will be more HD upgrades of films we previously released on DVD, from both Europe and Asia. We have a very unique entry in our ongoing series of releases devoted to Greek exploitation cinema, something we're super excited to talk about, but can't quite yet. There will be some total surprises, like a collection of short films by a hot contemporary European director, that while being essentially brand new films are still very much in the MM-wheelhouse. There will be more Spanish horror/exploitation/weirdness coming. More Naschy and more Franco. More groovy late 60s/early 70s Italian genre films. And hopefully some crazy Asian films to boot. And then there's one big project on the horizon - a true 80s cult classic being restored in 4K as we speak, which will be making its worldwide HD debut sometime next year. This one is going to surprise a lot of you. We can't wait.
                            That's all we can reveal for now! See you next month! Stay safe, stay sane, WATCH WEIRD MOVIES!
                            Kind regards,
                            The Mondo Macabro - The Wildside of World Cinema Staff

Comment

• France version (118 min) in High Definition in German and France with German and English subtitles
                              Exportversion (88 min)in High Definition in German and English with German and English subtitles
                              German theatrical version in HD / Re-Cut (85 min) in German
                              Director's Cut in SD (101 Min.) in German

Click image for larger version

Name:	120198832_3020271658076685_6796664573499056294_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	358893

Comment

• Agh, will stick with the Nucleus release, probably.

One of my fave Franco films, nevertheless.

Been toying with pitching an article about witchhunting films to a few places lately. It might fly.
                                Paul L
                                Scholar of Sleaze
                                Last edited by Paul L; 09-26-2020, 10:47 AM.
                                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X