• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Raf A.

• Raf A.
    replied
    Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
    so apparently this is out and a fucking upscale that looks like shit!
    ... BUT camera obscura revealed that le chat qui fume is working on a new 4k transfer with a lot of extras (release soon)!
    Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
    ... BUT camera obscura revealed that le chat qui fume is working on a new 4k transfer with a lot of extras (release soon)!
    Excellent news, they'll do a nice job with it. Glad I didn't order the German disc.

Leave a comment:

• killer must kill again

• killer must kill again
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf A. View Post
    Faceless is being released in Germany in May.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Helmut-Berger/dp/B091WJ9TFF/

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Severin just made an announcement...

"We're thrilled to announce our first two Mid-Year Sale titles! Jess Franco's THE HOUSE OF LOST WOMEN and BLACK BOOTS, LEATHER WHIP will ooze sleaze out of your player. Full specs & details will be shared later. Keep checking our pages for more announcements in the coming weeks."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27040[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27041[/ATTACH]
    Special Features for BLACK BOOTS, LEATHER WHIP:

*In The Land Of Franco Part 5
    *Murderous Passions Author Stephen Thrower On BLACK BOOTS, LEATHER WHIP
    *Audio Commentary with I'm In A Jess Franco State Of Mind Writer Robert Monell and NaschyCast's Rodney Barnett

Feature Specs for BLACK BOOTS, LEATHER WHIP:

*Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
    *Audio: Spanish Mono
    *Subtitles: English
    *Region: All

Special Features for HOUSE OF LOST WOMEN:

*In The Land Of Franco Part 6
    *Murderous Passions Author Stephen Thrower On HOUSE OF LOST WOMEN
    *Audio Essay with I'm In A Jess Franco State Of Mind Writer Robert Monell
    *CD - Daniel J. White In The Land Of Franco Vol. 2

Feature Specs for HOUSE OF LOST WOMEN:

*Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
    *Audio: Spanish Mono
    *Subtitles: English
    *Region: All

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    Intellectual Carrot

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Dom D View Post
    Me too. The only release of this I've seen though was the original US DVD from, who was it... Media Blasters? I don't recall. I do remember it was entirely sans nudity though which seems curious for a Franco movie and not in keeping with the tone of the rest of the film. Was that release a clothed version and there's others about or is Faceless just an anomaly in the Franco filmography?
    I'm not sure about FACELESS but his DRACULA is also sans nudity per the wishes of producer Harry Towers. I miss it in DRACULA. For some reason the lack of nudity in FACELESS never stood out to me.

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul L View Post
    Oooh, I'll have some of that. Always had a soft spot for that picture. Ta for the heads-up!
    Me too. The only release of this I've seen though was the original US DVD from, who was it... Media Blasters? I don't recall. I do remember it was entirely sans nudity though which seems curious for a Franco movie and not in keeping with the tone of the rest of the film. Was that release a clothed version and there's others about or is Faceless just an anomaly in the Franco filmography?

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    David Gregory interview covering some Severin releases.

https://www.musiquemachine.com/artic...ate.php?id=517

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Severin just made an announcement...

"We're thrilled to announce our first two Mid-Year Sale titles! Jess Franco's THE HOUSE OF LOST WOMEN and BLACK BOOTS, LEATHER WHIP will ooze sleaze out of your player. Full specs & details will be shared later. Keep checking our pages for more announcements in the coming weeks."

Click image for larger version

Name:	E2LCuyLWEAQO3T3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	359951

Click image for larger version

Name:	E2LCuyLXIAQW-IP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	394.5 KB
ID:	359952

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf A. View Post

Oooh, I'll have some of that. Always had a soft spot for that picture. Ta for the heads-up!

Leave a comment:

• Dark Horse 77

• Dark Horse 77
    replied
    Since Full Moon is releasing some late 80s Franco I'd like to see them put out Dark Mission. Sure, it's not anywhere close to top Jess, but an official R1 release would be nice. Fall of the Eagles was no better than I remember it from years ago but still happy to add to the collection.

Leave a comment:

• Raf A.

• Raf A.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mjeon

• mjeon
    replied
    Ignatius: "I'd have a hard time believing he directed any of it."

I fully agree. Franco left an unmistakable mark on all of his films. It's not present in this film, although the film has its own merits (as you point out).

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius

• Ignatius
    replied
    Stephen Thrower's Flowers of Perversion echoes the credit for Franco as a co-writer for the film, but I'd have a hard time believing he directed any of it.

Leave a comment:

• mjeon

• mjeon
    replied
    According to Christophe Bier, Franco began his own Mengele film, but had a falling out with "Lesoeur" (whether the father or the son is unclear) and it was never finished. Bier does claim that Franco had a hand in the script of this one, as indicated by the D. Khunne credit.

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius

• Ignatius
    replied
    I just watched this a few weeks ago and it has some scattered pleasures (c'mon, Howard Vernon playing Josef Mengele!) but you need to be in a very forgiving mood. Happy to just let some anaemic slow-paced trash wash over you. Very little of the insanity you'd expect from a director like Andrea Bianchi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X