No announcement yet.

Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give it a little time and Kino will have a sale and it'll be even cheaper. I'm just happy more Franco's on the way. I wish the Golden Films would get more attention from Severin.
    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• I saw Attack of the Robots before, I had the Sinister Cinema DVD-R, and it's not a very good movie, but the print Sinister cinema used was all messed up, the framing was all zoomed in, and cut out about half the movie it looked like, I have a feeling that the movie is probably good if it were released in a good version properly framed, and not all damaged. I probably wait to see what the release is like, but if it gets good reviews, I'd probably like to see it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fundi View Post
        I saw Attack of the Robots before, I had the Sinister Cinema DVD-R, and it's not a very good movie ...
        Really? I think it's a pretty good movie. Interesting plot, some good dialogue and well executed on almost all levels. Maybe I'm biased because I like almost all these old Eddie Constantine flicks, but I would even say that it's one of the better ones of these. It probably looks different for a Jess Franco fan...

Comment

• Made when Franco was peaking as a traditional director.
          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I would say Franco peaked in the late 1960's when he was making films for Harry Allan Towers. I liked the films 99 Women, Venus in Furs, Dracula, Girl From Rio, Eugenie The Story of her Journey Into Perversion, and the others he made with Towers. I think Franco really only made bad films after Killer Barby's though. I liked most of his films up through that one, but afterwards the shot on video stuff was not so good.

Comment

• I think that over his film making, Franco had peaks and troughs all over the place. The late 60's early 70's contain some total classics, but I am totally in love with films spanning almost his whole career. I understand that anything post 1990 is dubious, but I always found he was at least trying something different, even in the worst SOV stuff.

Comment

• best thing I can say about the shot on video stuff is that hey it had Lina Romay naked :) haha, and even that might be enough to buy the dvd's lol

Comment

• I struggle to disagree with you there, but I do like watching the SOV 'films' to spot where it looks like he founds a new feature on the camera and just had to use it to see what it did. I just like the way that despite having no money, he just shot the movies anyway.

Comment

• haha Helter Skelter was a whole movie of him stuck on some effect he found in his camcorder lol, I actually though, did not mind seeing Lina Romay change into other shapes all naked lol

Comment

• If there's anything you can almost guarantee to be present to help you through even the hardest of viewings, it's copious nudity, often of the Lina variety, lol.

Comment

• Has anyone got a complete list of EVERY Franco film that has been released on BD? I just need the names of the films as I can search for who has released each one online.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                          Has anyone got a complete list of EVERY Franco film that has been released on BD? I just need the names of the films as I can search for who has released each one online.
                          https://www.blu-ray.com/Jesus-Franco/88605/#Bluray

Comment

• Thanks, but that's JUST the US releases. I was wanting a list of EVERY title that has had a BD release even if it is not English friendly as I can determin that once I search for the info onlime myself.

Comment

• Change the flag icon from US to the global one and it displays all.
                              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• So Kino apparently fucked up their release of Attack Of The Robots, according to blu-ray.com's review. A shame, since I was looking forward to buying it. So now it's a pass instead I guess.
                                https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Working...
                                X