Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry: Paul Naschy, The Life and Legend of a Horror Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry: Paul Naschy, The Life and Legend of a Horror Icon

Came across this thread at Latarnia, check it out. Seems there's a new lengthy hour long documentary out about the life and work of Paul Naschy, whose career was certainly interesting and storied enough to deserve something like this.

The official site for the movie is here.

"Not a Frankenstein movie, but a great title for a film I can't wait to see… The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry: Paul Naschy, The Life and Legend of a Horror Icon.

The intriguing title comes from an anecdote reported by Naschy (1934-2009). On February 25, 1966, Naschy was hired as an extra on a Spanish location shoot for the American television series I Spy with Boris Karloff in a memorable guest part as a Quixotic scientist. Though Naschy's scenes were edited out, he had the opportunity to observe the elderly actor, hobbled by leg braces, at work in very difficult circumstances. Late in the day, in bitter cold and piercing winds, Naschy saw the suffering Karloff weep as he waited for transportation that was late arriving. “I am one of the very few,” Naschy wrote, “perhaps even the only man who saw Frankenstein's Monster cry.”

The 60-minute documentary was directed by Naschy's biographer, Angel Agudo. Mick Garris serves as host and narrator, and the film features rare archival footage of Naschy and interviews with Naschy friends and colleagues, including Christopher Lee and Caroline Munro."

They've put the whole movie up on Vimeo if you want to check it out. Password is available at the official site link above.

http://vimeo.com/user11047879/review...423/bb78c27eee
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yeah, been reading about this. It is well deserved and I hope it'll get picked up for a dvd release or turn up on a BD or something.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Well worth a peek for fans, not sure how long the freeview will last ( and no R1 release in sight yet ).
      The film is in English and Spanish ( with subs ) and features comments from Jack Taylor, Joe Dante, John Landis, his wife and two sons and lots of clips.
      Naschy fans will undoubtably enjoy this heartfelt tribute front to back.
      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great documentary. It's been available for a year or 2 as an extra on one of the Spanish THE VALDEMAR INHERITANCE BDs.

Comment

Thanks for the link to this, I watched it the other night. An interesting and touching tribute.

Comment

Yeah, it's well done. I think it could have been a bit longer and maybe a bit more detailed but for what is obviously an indy labor of love style project, I think they did a very nice job.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
            X