Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enzo G Castellari's CARIBBEAN BASTERDS (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enzo G Castellari's CARIBBEAN BASTERDS (2010)

Has anyone seen this yet? The Italian DVD is English-friendly but I've head that that film itself is so-so. Any thoughts?

The iconography of Kubrick's CLOCKWORK ORANGE adaptation within the context of a movie about pirates suggests this may be worth a blind buy. Then again, maybe not...
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

The iconography of Kubrick's CLOCKWORK ORANGE adaptation within the context of a movie about pirates suggests this may be worth a blind buy. Then again, maybe not...
    The name Enzo G Castellari is enough to warrant a blind buy from me!!!

Maybe the follow up will be called INGLORIOUS PIRATES?

Comment

Squibs, boobies and lots of stupid cocaine might help make up for what looks like it might be a movie with a lot of bad unnecessary shaky cam in it.

Good to see Enzo working again though.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I recently read that the shaky cam footage in this one is the final nail in the films coffin....

Comment

sukebanboy
          Last edited by sukebanboy; 03-11-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
            I recently read that the shaky cam footage in this one is the final nail in the films coffin....
            That and the cheap digital video look are the only things stopping me from making this a blind buy.
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
              That and the cheap digital video look are the only things stopping me from making this a blind buy.
              Go on...give it a gamble...

Comment

Working...
              X