Ogroff The Mad Mutilator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ogroff The Mad Mutilator

Has anyone seen this obscure low budget French slasher/horror picture from 1983?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ogroff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	363117

Diabolik has it in stock and describes it as:

"Armed with no money but lots of passion, Norbert Moutier took to the French woods with the intention of making a French answer to the likes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th. What emerged was Ogroff - The Mad Mutilator, a no-budget, but effective gore filled movie about a crazy woodsman who brutally kills anyone that enters his forest!"

It looks like it might be terrible in the best possible way...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've got it. Somewhat similar to another French movie, DEVIL STORY. It's somehow got Howard Vernon in it too!

Comment

It has it's charms.
      Imagine a film with very little dialogue made by amatuers with a super 8 camera where they then dub in music and the odd scream in after.
      Basically extend this clip to an hour or so and there you have it.

BTW~the picture quality on the DVD is the same as the clip.

I would love to know how they got Howard Vernon in the film.

Comment

LOVE the title "MAD MUTILATOR".....

I mean, what other kind is there????

Comment

I believe it was shot on VHS and converted to 8MM. If you like 'So bad it's good Violent Shit-esque' movies then I'd recommend it. The gore is pretty decent and the directions the nonsensical plot takes rivals Don't Go in the Woods.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

That clip sold me. I didn't realize this was so old...man...he sure takes his time terrorizing that dude before sawing his leg off and showing it to him.
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Yeah he's in no hurry. When I first saw this at Diabolik I thought it was another recent SOV cheapie - the fact that it's an 80s movie is what piqued my interest.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I guess it's also been released as Blood Zone and just as Mad Mutilator? More like RAD Mutilator. I'm buying this now.

Name:	og3.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	342415

Name:	og1.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	342416

Name:	og2.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	342417
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Maybe you should watch The Rad Mutilator while playing Rad Racer on the NES.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I think my head would explode if I did it. I just ordered that DVD though, so maybe.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ian Jane;52114]I guess it's also been released as Blood Zone and just as Mad Mutilator? More like RAD Mutilator. I'm buying this now.

Name:	og3.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	342415

Wow!
                      I wish the film looked this good.

Comment

Ok, finally got around to watching this, it had been sitting in the 'to watch' pile for a few weeks now. And.... WTF? haha. I dug it. Obviously made with very little money but lots of passion, it's a hodge podge of ideas and scenes from other, better, movies but it's weird enough to work. I spent most of the movie saying to my wife 'where the Hell is Howard Vernon?' but was pleased when he did show up. What a goofy, quirky, weird, messy fun 87 minutes of lunacy this was. I'm very happy to have this in my collection. I can see watching this again, possibly curled up in bed with a nice sexy axe between my legs.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          Ok, finally got around to watching this, it had been sitting in the 'to watch' pile for a few weeks now. And.... WTF? haha. I dug it. Obviously made with very little money but lots of passion, it's a hodge podge of ideas and scenes from other, better, movies but it's weird enough to work. I spent most of the movie saying to my wife 'where the Hell is Howard Vernon?' but was pleased when he did show up. What a goofy, quirky, weird, messy fun 87 minutes of lunacy this was. I'm very happy to have this in my collection. I can see watching this again, possibly curled up in bed with a nice sexy axe between my legs.
                          This sums it up very well. I liked it too. Watched it as the 2nd half of a unlikely double feature with WAKE IN FRIGHT, by which time I was thoroughly inebriated. I loved it! Though the details as to why are a little bit blurry ...

Comment

http://videonomicon.com/news/

Norbert Moutier's 1983 blood-soaked Super 8mm-lensed OGROFF (aka MAD MUTILATOR), considered to be the first French slasher film, is making its official North American debut on DVD (and VHS) from us fine folks at Videonomicon with improved subtitles and remastered picture! Street date is December 20th, 2016, with pre-orders starting Friday November 25th!

For Ogroff, the mad lumberjack, the war is not over yet. Having suffered trepanation and ablated in one eye during the war Ogroff continues the fight by brutally killing anyone who enters the forest where he now resides. That is until one woman catches his eye and things get even weirder! Friends, families, kids, cars - no one and no thing is safe from the Mad Mutilator!

DVD Specs:
                            Limited to 600 copies, with two completely different reversible cover options featuring new and original artwork (Cover A - 300 copies, Cover B - 300 copies)!
                            Two versions of the movie: 2016 Colour Graded Remaster & Original Tape Transfer!
                            Subtitle options: English, French, Spanish!
                            Stills Gallery!
                            Original Home Video Trailer!
                            DVD-ROM Content!
                            Includes liner notes featuring writings and reviews by Andy Bolus and Joseph A. Ziemba!
                            New cover artwork by Steak Mtn. (Cover A) and Jon Vaughn (Cover B)!
                            For complete release details, visit the individual release pages for the DVD and VHS!
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've got a pretty nice PAL DVD of this, but I am interested in seeing the new remaster. With that said, I think part of the film's charm is the poor tape transfer that we're familiar with.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                              X