Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alain Robbe-Grillet films coming soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alain Robbe-Grillet films coming soon...

http://mondomacabrodvd.blogspot.com/...g-in-2013.html

Hot damn, that's awesome news. Robbe-Grillet has been sorely underrepresented on DVD, and with Mondo Macabro putting them out, you know they'll be done right.

Comment

Agreed. MM does a right & proper transfer. This is good news. I can throw out my boots and watch these films the way they were meant to be seen.

TRANS EUROPE EXPRESS, THE MAN WHO LIES, EDEN AND AFTER (with rare alternate version N TAKES THE DICE) and SLOW SLIDINGS OF PLEASURE!

A genuine, authentic surrealist is a rare thing in the movies.
      "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
      - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Awesome. Hopefully some of these will get released on BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
          Awesome. Hopefully some of these will get released on BD.
          That would be awesome. I understand it might not be feasible with a lot of MM titles but these ones.... maybe. There's definitely some arthouse crowd crossover appeal with this stuff, as opposed to say... Weng Weng.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Amazing! Long overdue that these got the DVD treatment. Good to see MM working on smething important.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Very nice! Looking forward to these.
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                That would be awesome. I understand it might not be feasible with a lot of MM titles but these ones.... maybe. There's definitely some arthouse crowd crossover appeal with this stuff, as opposed to say... Weng Weng.
                They should exploit the Kraftwerk angle for TRANS EUROPE EXPRESS.

Comment

Can't wait to see Trans with a hopefully beautiful transfer.

Gradiva has been sitting in the To-Watch pile for awhile now, this is giving me the itch to put it in.

Comment

Looks like I'm in for some great discoveries! All new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
                      Looks like I'm in for some great discoveries! All new to me.
                      You're in for a treat. These are really great movies. Well, I haven't seen THE MAN WHO LIES or N TAKES THE DICE, but the others are weird and wonderful. And kinky too! SLOW SLIDINGS almost plays like a surrealist commentary on sexploitation cinema; roughies, nunsploitation and women-in-prison especially. They are sort of dense and intellectual, but also playful and sexy. Great stuff.

Comment

I wonder if Mondo Macabro will ever get into the box set business? This seems an ideal opportunity. They've got some things like the Bollywood/Pakistani horrors that I'm interested in but really don't think I'd like enough to be worth buying at full price. I'd love to see them packaged up into Box sets.
                        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Great news, shame that 'L'immortelle' and 'Le jeu avec le feu' ['Playing with Fire'] aren't included but all my favourites are so great news....hope they all get Blu Ray releases but i'll be happy to upgrade from the boots even if it's only dvd releases !

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Jones View Post
                            Great news, shame that 'L'immortelle' and 'Le jeu avec le feu' ['Playing with Fire'] aren't included but all my favourites are so great news....hope they all get Blu Ray releases but i'll be happy to upgrade from the boots even if it's only dvd releases !
                            I think those two might be possibilities for the future. Depending on how these do, as per usual with these sorts of things, in this retail environment.

Comment

Some sad news regarding the Robbe-Grillet titles just announced on the MM blog....

http://mondomacabrodvd.blogspot.com/...6ae69c36ca1559
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X