Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro-crime: policier, polar, poliziesco all'italiana, poliziottesco/poliziotteschi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Richard--W
    a straight arrow

• Richard--W
    replied
    Well done, Paul, and thank you. I didn't find that when I searched ebay.

8.50 EUR + 12. EUR postage = 20.50 EUR > 26.6944 USD.

$26.70 is cheap for ordering from Europe. Usually the disc and postage are twice as high, discouraging me from making the purchase. But this time I did it.

My Eurocrime collection is embarrassingly thin and needs to be fattened up.

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Two things that I often think about in regard to these films:

1 - It's a shame there's not a label dedicated to them in region 1 land ala Wild East (yes they aren't always great discs but better than the alternative - nothing) - WE did a couple crime releases but that was it. There are so many of these films that haven't had an english friendly release.

2 - I would love to have a comprehensive book on the subject like the Italian Glittering Images Westerns trilogy or the FAB book Any Gun Can Play. I have that nice German hardcover that's well worth owning for the illustrations alone and an Italian only book from Bloodbuster. I can muddle through them pretty much but a heavily illustrated english review/overview text would be a treasure. The short little Blazing Magnums book is nice for what it is.
    Sounds like a book you should write, Andrew. Don't forget to include lots of posters and stills to attract the eye and make it easier to read. I'll buy it.

I gather Blue Underground didn't sell many of their several Eurocrime titles because they stopped releasing them. The genre may not have caught on. With blu-ray, I hope the genre gets another chance here. I want a Eurocrime collection at least as comprehensive as Paul's.
    Richard--W
    a straight arrow
    Last edited by Richard--W; 03-03-2013, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
    Looks righteous. Not finding it at the usual places. Where did you get it from, Paul?

EDIT:
    http://www.amazon.it/Milano-odia-tre...5&sr=1-1-fkmr1
    30.40 EUR = 39.5859 USD

I'll keep looking.
    I bought mine from www.dvd.it years ago. This is the best price I can find it for at the moment:
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/3204256...PriceItemTypes
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/3707681...PriceItemTypes

If you email the sellers, you may be able to press them into shipping outside Italy.

Leave a comment:

• Richard--W
    a straight arrow

• Richard--W
    replied
    Looks righteous. Not finding it at the usual places. Where did you get it from, Paul?

EDIT:
    http://www.amazon.it/Milano-odia-tre...5&sr=1-1-fkmr1
    30.40 EUR = 39.5859 USD

I'll keep looking.
    Richard--W
    a straight arrow
    Last edited by Richard--W; 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
    I assume you mean this one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5830[/ATTACH]

Does it have an English-friendly option, subs or dub? Thanks Paul.
    I think that's a newer release, and I don't believe it's English-friendly.

However, this release is the one I was thinking of, and it contains the English dub:

It's anamorphic, whereas the Wild East and Vipco releases aren't.

Leave a comment:

• Scyther

• Scyther
    replied
    The Wild East version does indeed look ok, although sadly OOP and quite pricy these days. Never seen the Alan Young version, although I also hear Vipco's version is decent, as well, and uncut. I actually don't think the version of Grindhouse Experience is that bad, either, given the comparatively cheap asking price.

Leave a comment:

• Richard--W
    a straight arrow

• Richard--W
    replied
    I assume you mean this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	51xbkJsCnAL._SL500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	342602

Does it have an English-friendly option, subs or dub? Thanks Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    The Wild East DVD is fine, but the release from Alan Young Pictures in Italy is just as good, IIRC, and much cheaper too.

It's a very good film, by the way, if you've not seen it before, Richard.

Leave a comment:

• Richard--W
    a straight arrow

• Richard--W
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ViolentProfessionals.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	342601

I've been wanting this film for a long time and I mean to pull the trigger on it now.
    How does the Wild East edition stack up against other editions?
    Who has one edition or another they recommend?

Leave a comment:

• Richard--W
    a straight arrow

• Richard--W
    replied
    Does anyone know what happened to the Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection Volume 2 blu-ray that was Raro was going to release? Was it canceled or delayed or what?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul L View Post
    They've also got Alberto De Martino's FEMMINE INSAZIABILI! AFAIK this isn't out on DVD anywhere; I've never seen it, but I'm familiar with the score from numerous compilations.
    I have a fullscreen copy, Paul (with the onscreen title THE LOS ANGELES CONNECTION), it's well worth seeing. No classic but enough intrigue, late-1960s groovy imagery and that absolutely killer Nicolai score make it a fun watch. Robert Hoffman is a wooden lead but Luciana Paluzzi is in it too thank goodness. There are some pretty cool moments like Hoffman getting his ass kicked so bad he pukes and then a thug rubs his face in it, haha! Hoffman gets him back by smashing milk bottles on his head and rubbing his face in a very used litterbox! Too bad Dorado only offers this on YouTube, but maybe they'll sell it too at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    They've also got Alberto De Martino's FEMMINE INSAZIABILI! AFAIK this isn't out on DVD anywhere; I've never seen it, but I'm familiar with the score from numerous compilations.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by Scyther View Post
    For those interested, Dorado Films is now selling DVDr copies for their screener of Special Cop in Action a.k.a. Italia a Mano Armata. Supposedly better quality than the YouTube vid, and uncensored. At only 6 bucks, probably going to pick this one up soon!

http://doradofilms.com/store/111100000009/
    Wow, I just now took a look at what other screeners Dorado is selling and they offer THE FULLER REPORT, a Ken Clark eurospy that I've been after for years! It's part of my obsessive need to see every Beba Loncar film but it's also a pretty highly regarded entry in the genre. Not even bootleg sites have english friendly copies of this one so I had to order one. Went ahead and got SPECIAL COP too, what the hell.

Leave a comment:

• Scyther

• Scyther
    replied
    Really glad I didn't get rid of that Thug City Collection, because the only copy of Big Guns I have is from said Pop Flix collection. Thanks for the heads up, Ian!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Though having said that, it looks like it was reissued?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KKDS-556

This version is Italian language with Japanese subs though, at least according to that listing.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    It's also included in the Thug City Chronicles collection with a bunch of other Eurocrime stuff, Horace.

Amazon's got it listed for $2.89 - I have this set and it includes:

-Tony Arzenta
    -Bandidos
    -Blind Rage
    -Godfather's Daughter
    -Manhunt
    -The Boss
    -Milan Caliber 9
    -City Rats
    -New Mafia Boss
    -Redneck

Haven't opened it yet, not sure on the quality but when I get home later tonight I'll check the run time on Tony Arzenta - I wouldn't be surprised if it's a port of the Japanese disc. It'll be compressed but that Japanese disc is out of print and I'd imagine a complete bitch to try and track down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X