Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro-crime: policier, polar, poliziesco all'italiana, poliziottesco/poliziotteschi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really glad I didn't get rid of that Thug City Collection, because the only copy of Big Guns I have is from said Pop Flix collection. Thanks for the heads up, Ian!

Comment

Originally posted by Scyther View Post
      For those interested, Dorado Films is now selling DVDr copies for their screener of Special Cop in Action a.k.a. Italia a Mano Armata. Supposedly better quality than the YouTube vid, and uncensored. At only 6 bucks, probably going to pick this one up soon!

http://doradofilms.com/store/111100000009/
      Wow, I just now took a look at what other screeners Dorado is selling and they offer THE FULLER REPORT, a Ken Clark eurospy that I've been after for years! It's part of my obsessive need to see every Beba Loncar film but it's also a pretty highly regarded entry in the genre. Not even bootleg sites have english friendly copies of this one so I had to order one. Went ahead and got SPECIAL COP too, what the hell.

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

They've also got Alberto De Martino's FEMMINE INSAZIABILI! AFAIK this isn't out on DVD anywhere; I've never seen it, but I'm familiar with the score from numerous compilations.

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
          They've also got Alberto De Martino's FEMMINE INSAZIABILI! AFAIK this isn't out on DVD anywhere; I've never seen it, but I'm familiar with the score from numerous compilations.
          I have a fullscreen copy, Paul (with the onscreen title THE LOS ANGELES CONNECTION), it's well worth seeing. No classic but enough intrigue, late-1960s groovy imagery and that absolutely killer Nicolai score make it a fun watch. Robert Hoffman is a wooden lead but Luciana Paluzzi is in it too thank goodness. There are some pretty cool moments like Hoffman getting his ass kicked so bad he pukes and then a thug rubs his face in it, haha! Hoffman gets him back by smashing milk bottles on his head and rubbing his face in a very used litterbox! Too bad Dorado only offers this on YouTube, but maybe they'll sell it too at some point.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to the Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection Volume 2 blu-ray that was Raro was going to release? Was it canceled or delayed or what?
            "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
            - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ViolentProfessionals.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	342601

I've been wanting this film for a long time and I mean to pull the trigger on it now.
              How does the Wild East edition stack up against other editions?
              Who has one edition or another they recommend?

Comment

The Wild East DVD is fine, but the release from Alan Young Pictures in Italy is just as good, IIRC, and much cheaper too.

It's a very good film, by the way, if you've not seen it before, Richard.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

I assume you mean this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	51xbkJsCnAL._SL500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	342602

Does it have an English-friendly option, subs or dub? Thanks Paul.

Comment

The Wild East version does indeed look ok, although sadly OOP and quite pricy these days. Never seen the Alan Young version, although I also hear Vipco's version is decent, as well, and uncut. I actually don't think the version of Grindhouse Experience is that bad, either, given the comparatively cheap asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
                      I assume you mean this one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5830[/ATTACH]

Does it have an English-friendly option, subs or dub? Thanks Paul.
                      I think that's a newer release, and I don't believe it's English-friendly.

However, this release is the one I was thinking of, and it contains the English dub:

It's anamorphic, whereas the Wild East and Vipco releases aren't.

Comment

Looks righteous. Not finding it at the usual places. Where did you get it from, Paul?

EDIT:
                        http://www.amazon.it/Milano-odia-tre...5&sr=1-1-fkmr1
                        30.40 EUR = 39.5859 USD

I'll keep looking.
                        Richard--W
                        a straight arrow
                        Last edited by Richard--W; 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Looks righteous. Not finding it at the usual places. Where did you get it from, Paul?

EDIT:
                          http://www.amazon.it/Milano-odia-tre...5&sr=1-1-fkmr1
                          30.40 EUR = 39.5859 USD

I'll keep looking.
                          I bought mine from www.dvd.it years ago. This is the best price I can find it for at the moment:
                          http://compare.ebay.com/like/3204256...PriceItemTypes
                          http://compare.ebay.com/like/3707681...PriceItemTypes

If you email the sellers, you may be able to press them into shipping outside Italy.

Comment

Well done, Paul, and thank you. I didn't find that when I searched ebay.

8.50 EUR + 12. EUR postage = 20.50 EUR > 26.6944 USD.

$26.70 is cheap for ordering from Europe. Usually the disc and postage are twice as high, discouraging me from making the purchase. But this time I did it.

My Eurocrime collection is embarrassingly thin and needs to be fattened up.

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                            Two things that I often think about in regard to these films:

1 - It's a shame there's not a label dedicated to them in region 1 land ala Wild East (yes they aren't always great discs but better than the alternative - nothing) - WE did a couple crime releases but that was it. There are so many of these films that haven't had an english friendly release.

2 - I would love to have a comprehensive book on the subject like the Italian Glittering Images Westerns trilogy or the FAB book Any Gun Can Play. I have that nice German hardcover that's well worth owning for the illustrations alone and an Italian only book from Bloodbuster. I can muddle through them pretty much but a heavily illustrated english review/overview text would be a treasure. The short little Blazing Magnums book is nice for what it is.
                            Sounds like a book you should write, Andrew. Don't forget to include lots of posters and stills to attract the eye and make it easier to read. I'll buy it.

I gather Blue Underground didn't sell many of their several Eurocrime titles because they stopped releasing them. The genre may not have caught on. With blu-ray, I hope the genre gets another chance here. I want a Eurocrime collection at least as comprehensive as Paul's.
                            Richard--W
                            a straight arrow
                            Last edited by Richard--W; 03-03-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to the Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection Volume 2 blu-ray that Raro was going to release? Was it canceled or delayed or ...?

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to the Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection Volume 2 blu-ray that Raro was going to release? Was it canceled or delayed or ...?
                                Delayed. Raro just posted a video from Kidnap Syndicate on Facebook the other day in reference to this set...

They just changed their distributors which caused a bunch of stuff to get delayed. If I remember correctly it's looking like June for this set now.

Comment

Working...
                                X