Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro-crime: policier, polar, poliziesco all'italiana, poliziottesco/poliziotteschi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salerno was great in this and EXECUTION SQUAD, I'm glad I saw both of them. Paluzzi was really good too. She kinda goes missing in the last third which is too bad. Giovanna Ralli seemed more integral to the plot of DAUGHTERS.

"(aside from Antonio Sabato maybe)"

I liked him him better here then in the Lenzi movies but yeah he just rubs me the wrong way. After seeing Mike Malloy's EURO CRIME doc it's clear he's just and ass.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

"(aside from Antonio Sabato maybe)"

I liked him him better here then in the Lenzi movies but yeah he just rubs me the wrong way. After seeing Mike Malloy's EURO CRIME doc it's clear he's just and ass.
      Yeah, he comes across as an egotistical jerk in any interview with him I've seen. He sure has a high opinion of himself but the truth is he's almost always bland and boring and the inevitable weak link in any cast.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Yesterday I finally got to see ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH! And it was just a fun as everyone said it is. At the beginning of my euro crime journey I had only seen the Enzo G flicks put out by Blue underground and a couple other titles. Now that's I've seen VIOLENT NAPLES, ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH and THE CYNIC THE RAT AND THE FIST along with some other Lenzi and Merli flicks I feel like I have a totally different appreciation of the genre. It's hard to top the fun of those three titles above. But please let me know if anything else comes close!

I still need to see VIOLENT ROME and HIGH CRIME, among many others I'm sure.

Comment

• SPECIAL COP IN ACTION is right up there among Merli's best, imo Scott. If you liked those others, you'll dig it I'm certain. It has one of Franco Micalizzi's best scores too. VIOLENT ROME and HIGH CRIME are top notch as well.

Edit - By the way, VIOLENT ROME and SPECIAL COP IN ACTION were directed by Marino Girolami, Enzo G. Castellari's father! That's what the G stands for. I actually prefer Papa G's films.
          Andrew Monroe
          Pallid Hands
          Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 05-29-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• SPECIAL COP was fantastic! Watched it via a dreary VHS rip on youtube but it hit every single spot. I am going nuts now. I want to see every single movie Merli was in. Thanks, Andrew!

Comment

SPECIAL COP was fantastic! Watched it via a dreary VHS rip on youtube but it hit every single spot. I am going nuts now. I want to see every single movie Merli was in. Thanks, Andrew!
              Glad you liked it! It's definitely one of my favorites. Dorado Films released it on BD as part of a double feature with WEAPONS OF DEATH (another good one), but both films are kinda worn and not restored at all.

Comment

• It was great, definitely up there with VIOLENT NAPLES and THE CYNIC THE RAT AND THE FIST. Just ridiculously fun, even when viewed through a shit transfer.

I saw that double feature BD and I really want to see WEAPONS OF DEATH. Once I can swing it I'm going to get Blu-Ray player and get it along with a bunch of other stuff. It's weird to say but one of the reasons I've held off is because I know I'll buy more stuff! I also got off the upgrade train a long time ago. The last video game system I owned was a PS2. I got tired of constantly buying new hardware, I'd rather spend that money on content instead. And most of the Euro BD's a lot more than a standard dvd. But I guess that's the premium you have to pay to get a niche product. Hopefully when the time comes this double feature along with the Lenzi Giallo set and dozen other discs I've been eyeballin' will still be available.

Comment

• So a month ago (or maybe two now?) I watched KILLER COP and thought it was fantastic. It's always great to see a movie that has music featured on the old BERETTA 70 compilation. I've known the music for so much longer than the films they came from and it's always a joy to finally see the movies.

I've had TO KILL A JUDGE sitting here ever since but just haven't been in a movie watching mood.

Comment

So a month ago (or maybe two now?) I watched KILLER COP and thought it was fantastic. It's always great to see a movie that has music featured on the old BERETTA 70 compilation. I've known the music for so much longer than the films they came from and it's always a joy to finally see the movies.

I've had TO KILL A JUDGE sitting here ever since but just haven't been in a movie watching mood.
                    KILLER COP is excellent. Very much focused on a theme of terrorism and with an unusual lead character, in terms of Cassinelli's bookish performance (as compared with the macho Merli pictures of the same era).

HOW TO KILL A JUDGE is excellent but slightly overlong, imo.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                      KILLER COP is excellent. Very much focused on a theme of terrorism and with an unusual lead character, in terms of Cassinelli's bookish performance (as compared with the macho Merli pictures of the same era).
                      I wasn't sure how much I'd like the more serious euro crime pics but in some ways I like them more, the themes and the tone stick with me longer.

Comment

It was great, definitely up there with VIOLENT NAPLES and THE CYNIC THE RAT AND THE FIST. Just ridiculously fun, even when viewed through a shit transfer.

I saw that double feature BD and I really want to see WEAPONS OF DEATH. Once I can swing it I'm going to get Blu-Ray player and get it along with a bunch of other stuff. It's weird to say but one of the reasons I've held off is because I know I'll buy more stuff! I also got off the upgrade train a long time ago. The last video game system I owned was a PS2. I got tired of constantly buying new hardware, I'd rather spend that money on content instead. And most of the Euro BD's a lot more than a standard dvd. But I guess that's the premium you have to pay to get a niche product. Hopefully when the time comes this double feature along with the Lenzi Giallo set and dozen other discs I've been eyeballin' will still be available.
                        Ironically, if you'd upgraded to a PS3, you'd have a blu-Ray player!

Comment

• Videogames no longer interest me. That would be an expensive bluray player.

Comment

Videogames no longer interest me. That would be an expensive bluray player.
                            Scott, if I could buy you a cheapo Blu-ray player and send it to the US affordably, believe me, I would. They can be bought for peanuts over here in the UK.
                            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

I wasn't sure how much I'd like the more serious euro crime pics but in some ways I like them more, the themes and the tone stick with me longer.
                              Defo. It's like a cheap wine versus the good stuff, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                                Scott, if I could buy you a cheapo Blu-ray player and send it to the US affordably, believe me, I would. They can be bought for peanuts over here in the UK.
                                I appreciate the thought Paul, I'm just being cheap and stubborn. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X