Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro-crime: policier, polar, poliziesco all'italiana, poliziottesco/poliziotteschi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syndicate Sadists (1975)

Perhaps my expectations were too high due to seeing Umberto Lenzi and Tomas Milan's names in the opening credits, but was slightly underwhelmed by this Euro-crime flick. It's not bad. Milan is fine, but the his scruffy look was off-putting. I'm sure this unfair to say of a film made in 1975, but I found the story to predictable. Most Euro-crime films I've seen have a few incredibly memorable or WTF scenes, but nothing in SYNDICATE SADISTS stands out. Even the locations and fashion didn't stand out.

Comment

• These are coming later this year from 88 Films.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13450851_1336377216378884_24640418129028487_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	350744
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm excited for "The Cynic, The Rat and the Fist" - just have the old (bootleg?) DVD of it. I remember "Syndicate Sadists" being a total bore when I saw it via the Media Blasters DVD 10+ years ago.
        I just got an Italian DVD of Violent Rome - does anyone have a good English subtitle file (.srt) for this (and Pupi Avati's "Il Nascondiglio" / "The Hideaway," for that matter)? The Violent Rome file I found online doesn't sync correctly with the movie, and Il Nascondiglio is horribly translated to the point of being nonsensical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
          Never seen it, I looked in Roberto Curti's Italian Crime Filmography where it's only briefly mentioned in the piece on Testi's career. It's described as a terrorist drama. I'd certainly take a chance on it if it has any sort of English option.
          Was this released as "Terrorist" on big box VHS back in the day? Looks similar to one in my collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scyther View Post
            Was this released as "Terrorist" on big box VHS back in the day? Looks similar to one in my collection.
            Sorry, didn't see this until now. I only see it listed as THE HAWK AND THE DOVE but that's not to completely rule it out. The director was Fabrizio Lori and it also stars Lara Wendel, maybe you can check the box credits?
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• The Cynic, The Rat and the Fist coming on BD from 88? Well, colour me surprised. I own it on Austrian DVD already, and I don't think it's one of the polizio films I'll upgrade, but good news for other Lenzi fans regardless. Probably using the same master as the Film Art, which, IIRC looked real good.

Comment

• I learned yesterday that the brilliant and sleazy Swedish crime film Smutsiga Fingrar (aka. Dirty Fingers) by Arne Mattsson has just been released on DVD here in Sweden. Made my weekend! No English subs I'm afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
                  I learned yesterday that the brilliant and sleazy Swedish crime film Smutsiga Fingrar (aka. Dirty Fingers) by Arne Mattsson has just been released on DVD here in Sweden. Made my weekend! No English subs I'm afraid.
                  Excellent news! Where can I find it?
                  "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• For instance here. It's in a box set together with other Swedish "cult" cinema. Somebof the other films sound really interesting too.

Comment

• Yes, that's the set I was very excited about- until I discovered it wasn't English friendly. Does that mean an American company will grab the rights & sub the films, or are we just SOL?

Comment

• FYI, y'all...

The following Euro-Crime flicks are now available for streaming at Amazon Video (standard def, anamorphic widescreen), free to Prime members:

KILLER COP (1975)
                        VIOLENT NAPLES (1976)
                        THE CYNIC, THE RAT AND THE FIST (1977)

Comment

• I hope an American company do get the rights to at least Dirty Fingers. Maybe it's too niche though, as Mattsson isn't a director with a lot of international recognition. I don't think even Swedish crime masterpieces like Man on the Roof by Bo Widerberg has had foreign DVD releases. Unlike Thriller, other Swedish genre cinema hasn't been mentioned by Tarantino sadly.

Comment

• I might have to try Cynic. I can't remember if I've seen that one or not.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                              I might have to try Cynic. I can't remember if I've seen that one or not.
                              It's worth it!

Comment

• I heard from a Swedish fan who bought the box that Smutsiga Fingrar looks real bad, like it's taken from a VHS era master. I'm very interested to hear your opinion on it, Silly Swede, if you do indeed buy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X